Kensington Charges reclaim

miz_print
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4186 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, sent a letter off today along with a SOC to Kensington to claim unfair charges, sent it recorded so hopefully will hear something soon.

Will keep you posted.

Miz

Miz_Print v Halifax Won :-D 24th july 2007:D

Good. Don't forget to remind then that they have arealy been fined by the FSA for this - and that you know aol about it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Received an offer letter from Kensington offering me £80 plus 8% bearing in mind the claim for fees was £400+. This was their final offer so i am not going going to accept i will refer to the Ombudsman for review.

I am quite surprised actually as they have already been fined, just hate this waiting and messing about :x

Miz

Miz_Print v Halifax Won :-D 24th july 2007:D

• 4 months later...

I have been down this road with Kensington: total charges including interest of circa £3,000. Kensington offered circa £300. I referred it to the FOS; the FOS said that Kensington's offer was "fair". I went back at the FOS and asked them to explain: either the charges are appropriate in total or they are not. Either the entire amount is correct or it is not. I''ve been waiting 3 months and not heard anything from the FOS other than they are considering it.

• 2 weeks later...

hi all,

When we found out that they had been fined over 2 million, they were supposed to repay all customers who had been overcharged. obviously this means all the victims who are trapped by the [company] are due payment.

So we sent off a letter demanding our excessive charges back or we go to court. A few weeks later they replied offering us nearly 3k plus interest at 8%. Very nice i hear you say.....

Enclosed with the offer was a letter asking us to sign to accept the offer as FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT !!!!! which we refused point blank but said they could credit this to our account as part payment which they refused... stalemate.. No because a few weeks later they took us back to court for possession and sent the usual ill advised, just out off nappies agent who hadnt got a clue what was going on. When we produced the letter of offer and explained we would not sign it as this was the tip of the iceburg he told the agent that he could not grant a possession as it was clear monies are due to us.

Feeling a bit cheeky we asked the judge not to award costs to the other side as the usual costs are anything they decide it to be and add it to your account ,which you pay interest on. He asked the surpised agent how much they charged, I think she said £75.00. He awarded her £45.00 with no other costs to be added. I also told the agent that from now on our costs in dealing this corrupt business will be £100.00 per hour.

Since then they have it in for us but they shot themselves by the offer letter, even this month they started again not taking the dd as they claim thay havnt got one.Guess what they said.. yes defaulted so we are going to evict you.

We paid them by debit card over the phone, it was rejected ...[rubbish] , called the bank no problem there,(recorded at bank as evidence) called the [company] back and all of a sudden it went through. What they tried to do was take 2 payments until the bank called us to inform us.. again recorded as evidence.we cancelled the other payment.

Dont believe a word they say ... EVER>> if possible record the call..or get someone else to listen in on the conversation.

We have been battling with these [people] for a few years now and wont rest until i get all charges, solicitor costs, plus compensation for the stress they have caused.

Perhaps these Lehman offspring should face the same as the american counterpart as be dragged to high court, have the licence revoked and be locked up for a long time.

I know only too well that they are always keen to evict as they have back door buyers willing to take your house for a bung and use the rest to pay off there debts. But if they owe you money or claim they do then no court in the land will take your home off you. Besides, the judges are well aware of the tactics they employ by now and we have found that they are getting a little [fed up] with them.

Just to let you know we have been dragged to court several times so i know the methods they employ.

I hope this helps put your minds at rest a little.

M

Edited by ims21

hi all,

When we found out that they had been fined over 2 million, they were supposed to repay all customers who had been overcharged. obviously this means all the victims who are trapped by the [company] are due payment.

So we sent off a letter demanding our excessive charges back or we go to court. A few weeks later they replied offering us nearly 3k plus interest at 8%. Very nice i hear you say.....

Enclosed with the offer was a letter asking us to sign to accept the offer as FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT !!!!! which we refused point blank but said they could credit this to our account as part payment which they refused... stalemate.. No because a few weeks later they took us back to court for possession and sent the usual ill advised, just out off nappies agent who hadnt got a clue what was going on. When we produced the letter of offer and explained we would not sign it as this was the tip of the iceburg he told the agent that he could not grant a possession as it was clear monies are due to us.

Feeling a bit cheeky we asked the judge not to award costs to the other side as the usual costs are anything they decide it to be and add it to your account ,which you pay interest on. He asked the surpised agent how much they charged, I think she said £75.00. He awarded her £45.00 with no other costs to be added. I also told the agent that from now on our costs in dealing this corrupt business will be £100.00 per hour.

Since then they have it in for us but they shot themselves by the offer letter, even this month they started again not taking the dd as they claim thay havnt got one.Guess what they said.. yes defaulted so we are going to evict you.

We paid them by debit card over the phone, it was rejected ...[rubbish] , called the bank no problem there,(recorded at bank as evidence) called the [company] back and all of a sudden it went through. What they tried to do was take 2 payments until the bank called us to inform us.. again recorded as evidence.we cancelled the other payment.

Dont believe a word they say ... EVER>> if possible record the call..or get someone else to listen in on the conversation.

We have been battling with these [people] for a few years now and wont rest until i get all charges, solicitor costs, plus compensation for the stress they have caused.

Perhaps these Lehman offspring should face the same as the american counterpart as be dragged to high court, have the licence revoked and be locked up for a long time.

I know only too well that they are always keen to evict as they have back door buyers willing to take your house for a bung and use the rest to pay off there debts. But if they owe you money or claim they do then no court in the land will take your home off you. Besides, the judges are well aware of the tactics they employ by now and we have found that they are getting a little [fed up] with them.

Just to let you know we have been dragged to court several times so i know the methods they employ.

I hope this helps put your minds at rest a little.

M

Well, an interesting story!

In my case KMC oferred only a pittance of a few hundred against many thousands!

I'd like to have an offline email exchange with you as there are many others fighting KMC with successful tactics which could be of help to us all!