BankFodder BankFodder

chattanooga

Discussion: Reclaiming ppi and charges

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2902 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I've been thinking recently, conventional wisdom and advice on this forum seems to be to reclaim PPI and penalty charges on accounts (assuming of course they are legit) as soon as possible. This is indeed what I did and reduced the total balance by over £1500...sounds great, but...

Here's my thoughts, if an creditor decided at a whim to go down the court route to retrieve owed monies it's one less thing to have in your defence if there are no longer penalty charges or badly sold ppi left on the accounts.

My idea is we should perhaps leave the reclaiming until after the meat of the account is paid THEN reclaim as there should be nothing left to pay by then.

Am I being slightly mad?

Hi chatta

I believe you to be entirely sane.

PPI should be reclaimed because there is no defence in not doing so within a reasonable time-frame. I have chosen not to to reclaim penalty charges because I can't afford anything anyhow and it matters not to me whether they show a billion or a trillion as my account balance. Because I demonstrably can't afford anything my account is listed to be passed on or not harassed and subsequent DCA bandits are idiots.

Contrariwise, where an OC believes you can pay or have equity it makes sense to reclaim the charges because it forces them to disclose paperwork or the absence thereof and call into question the validity of balances passed around their evil empire.

x

v