Kensington repossession notice

ajd01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1189 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The two people who might best be able to advise you have day jobs, however we have sent urgent S.O.S messages to them for you.

It is my understanding that if you offer contractual payments and extra on top then that should be acceptable. If you dont hear anything by the time you need to go to work, then perhaps file the N244

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

:thumb:

BCOBS

Little less stressed now..

n244 form filed,

hearing for Tuesday the 6th,

so pushing it but hopefully the judge will see I can pay and some towards arrears

and also make an initial payment of £1500.

Kensington rang back to say they had not received all faxes I sent so can't make an arrangement.

I have proof the were sent and they received them.at their end

..should I.also.take proof that they.did receive them to the hearing so I can show the judge

I genuinely tried to set something up..

I am sure someone will pop in later on and certainly prior to the hearing, but yes you should take any proof with you.

BCOBS

How much of this arrears figure is made up of charges ?

BCOBS

There is around £3000 in charges in total over the time we have had the mortgage and £2700 are made up of arrears fees.should u state this when I go to court?.my main concern is to go to the court and get the eviction suspended,get an agreement in place.I was going to look at claiming back charges once this is done.

Should I bring up the charges on the day??..

These are all £50 arrears fees that have been added and I have not claimed back..

Thanks again

It is my understanding that you should claim the charges back after you get the eviction suspended, I cant remember if there is any point in mentioning the charges at the hearing.

I am sure others will look in on you over the weekend and advise in good time.

BCOBS

Thank you for the reply.I post another threa on this for advice.I have now filled everything in and have a hearing for tuesday morning.Pushing it a little as eviction is set for weds 12:00pm.

aj, I have merged both threads in respect of this eviction notice.. that way all the information is in one place for those who are trying to help :)

BCOBS

I don't think you have anything to worry about as long as you can genuinely afford to keep up payments with additional off the arrears.

I would definitely mention the charges. Do you have information so that you can do a spreadsheet to calculate how much they are and the interest on them?

One thing to mention is it is vital that you keep up any payments agreed in court and pay them on time or your lender will be able to try again to evict you. Don't stretch it and say you can afford more than is realistic. Better a smaller overpayment that you can genuinely manage. Did you submit a budget sheet to the court?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I would mention the charges as stated before a bank or building society have to treat a costumer fairly when they know they are in financial difficulties so charges don't help they are not fair and unlawful.

Did you mention the charges in your N244 statement?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi again,

I didnt mention the charges on the N244 or attached a budget sheet.Lady in the court just attached the statement and said to bring everything else with me on the day.I did have a statement from early last year for the account showing all charges made to the account which i will try to find to take along.

Hi, you should take an additional statement to the court tomorrow, together with a budget sheet and details of the charges. I can help you draft one but it will have to be later today - can you be online this evening ?

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi Ell-enn,

I can be online later this evening.I do have a budget sheet already to take with me tomorrow.

As for the charges,i can not find my old statements that show these although i do have an old letter that they sent out while i was working overseas that shows thy offered to pay 50% of charges back on the account as a goodwill gesture.I never took this as i was away when the letter was sent out.Should i take this to show the charges.

I am really stressed about this because of the time scale.AAnd i really do appreciate your help.

Hi can you tell me what you put in your statement please (briefly)

Did you quote the Norgan case law as shown in the example statement in the guide I gave you the link to ?

Hi Ell-enn,

Yes i left in the statement about the Norgan case,If you mean the brief reference to the case.

In my statement i have pointed out that our circumstances have changed for the better.My wife is now working full time as a teaching assistant and being self employed i now have a steady monthly income unlike previous.

I have offered to make a payment of £1500 towards the arrears and also offered over payment of £250 on top of our monthly payment.I also pointed out we have 1 dependant of 6 yrs old.

Things i didnt mention :

The charges on the account,around £3000.

i would also be willing to place the property on the market as part of the agreement,if required,giving us chance to sell the property rather go further into debt.

I have tried to make agreements before with kensington and everything was refused and i kind of give up if im honest.They just always pushed for more and i was not willing to make agreements that i thought i could not keep.

As i said i am really stressing as the eviction date is 7th may.

Hi, on your budget sheet do you have any money left over in box E ?