• Tweets

• Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
    • At a key lecture in the City of London, the shadow chancellor will also vow to reform the Treasury.View the full article
    • Despite controversy China's Temu is becoming a global online shopping force.View the full article
    • The retailer has come under fire for an advert showing motorcyclists wearing trainers and doing wheelies.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Kensington repossession notice

ajd01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1153 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Just some advice on letter received from Kensington solicitors.

Kensington are filing for possession.

we have 3 missed payments,Sep,Nov,Dec, 2011..

We have made payments for for Jan and Feb and march is due at the end of the month

.they state that the arrears are jus little over £2500,

but are monthly payments are £670,

so does not add up

.there are £50 charges for each month un arrears.

could these charges be included..

I.am going to.ask them.to drop to interest only but keep the payments the same.

this means arrears would clear in 10 months.

firstly would they accept this????.

..and all also it wise to claim back the charges of £50 a month..

Any advice

Just to add..we had arrears around 2 years back,got the same thing ,but paid of the arrears within a 4 month period.they also charged the £50 per month fee then,so there could big ammount added In fees.maybe £700-800..now if I claimed this back it would actually clear large ammount of the arrears.really unsure whether it is wise ti claim back charges while being taken to court for possession

Hi there, you should write to them with your offer of payment towards the arrears. It's a good idea to also include a budget sheet and I have affixed the one we normally use in these situations - it calculates automatically as you fill it in.

If you need help with the letter please let me know and I'll draft one for you. Have you read the guide to repossession at the top of this forum? there are template letters and budget sheet there. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?325527-CAG-guide-Are-you-facing-eviction-or-repossession

Have you actually received a claim for possession yet?

Budget Sheet.pdf

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• 7 months later...

Hi,

I currently have arrears on my mortgage with kensington.

Since last november i have been charged £50 every month in charges for being in arrears.I am 3 months in arrears but continue to pay my mortgage as normal every month.I have also had arrears before on this account that have since been paid off.My question is,Am i entitled to claim back the charges as think they are little excessive,and can i claim for the earlier charges aswell.

If yes,then the charges would probably pay off over 1/2 the current arrears.Should i send and SAR request and find out all charges and then look to claim.

Any help on this would be good.

Thanks in advance

Yes you can claim these back, here is the letter just amend as required.

They will probably say that their charges are lawful, if so read this [ATTACH]39380[/ATTACH]

It is the "Final Notice" for a fine placed on another lender for breaches of MCOB's rules, one of which was excessive fees (see page 4, 2.6 [3])

The remedy/redress required by the FSA was to refund each £50.00 charge/fee (page 6, 2.11 [5]) so it looks fairly clear that the FSA consider £50.00 to be excessive.

You could amend the letter citing those two sections as reasons why you believe their charges to be unfair... :-D

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

Ill keep this short.

i have 3 months arrears with kensington that date back to sept last year.

I ahve tried to get them to make an arrangement but they wont.

I have paid and extra 50 pound a month on top of my normal payments since the arrears (this is not arrangement).

I have asked them to drop my mortgage to interest only for 6 months,

i would carry on making payment as normal and the arrears would be well and truely cleared in this time, but they wont agree.

Now they have sent letters and upped my normal payment saying they suspect i am renting the property and have adjusted the interest rate.

I phoned and told them i have not rented but they dont listen.

Told them i can not pay more than i am paying and dropping to interest only to clear arrears would be best for myself and them..

They are also adding 50 pounds a month arrears fees,should i claim this back??

How would al this look if they tried to take this to court for possesion??

I have tried all i can and now it seems like they are trying dirty tactics.

I actually think i want them to take this further

I cn prove very easily that the house was not let.

Please can anybody advise if they can do this,

especially the letting bit.

Please help.

Just to let you know this bunch Kensington have been fined £1.225m by the financial regulator for treating borrowers who were in arrears unfairly. Claim those charges back plus the interest and tell them not to add any more to the account. There are a few news stories here you can get the info for a letter to send to them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8615870.stm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...y-the-FSA.html

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/library/commun...2010/065.shtml

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2010...mortgages-fine

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

i have 3 months arrears on the mortgage.

These date back from around 11 months ago and since then i have been paying the mortgage as normal + and extra £50 evry month on top,

this is not an agreement i have with them,

but they are how just not been coperating so i did this off my own back.

Then they sent a letter saying they were send one of there advisers

,so i agreed to meet him thinking maybe if we go through this with him they may listen.

We did a breakdown of income and expense which has since been sent back to kensington showing that i really cannot push to anymore money at this moment.

I asked for a 12 month agreement to interest only but carry on with my payments as normal as this would clear the arrears.

They sent a letter back which arrived yesterday stating they have declined this and feel i can pay more to them.

They are also trying to claim i am renting the house out and put up the repayment,

I showed there advisor our council tax bill as proof we live here.

I really dont know what to do i have kind of give up with them.

My major problem is that in may i will be working abroad for 6 months so if they go for possesion i will not be in the country to attend.

I am going to ring them tomorrow and record the call (do i need to let them know i am recording).

The reason for this is think they are just being difficult,

i am trying to make arrangement to pay and they are just pushing for more money.

I also though about doing a voluntary repo as we have neg equatity.

Outstanding is £86k and at the moment they are going on the market for £80k,

so sale price would be 70-75 and at auction even less and then file as bankrupt to right of the now unsecured debt

..Extreme option,i know but does not really worry to much.

Anybody have any ideas i can throw at them when i ring tomorrow??.

Because at the moment it is there call,

i give them my best effort and they thrown it back.

Cheers

Hello.

A couple of suggestions:

1. Make sure thatyou put everything in writing to Kensington and that you send it via registered mail. Do not rely on anything over the telephone.
  2. Are you the only person at the house? I ask because should Kensington attempt possession you need to be sure you receive the correspondence.

I have asked Ell-enn of this site to respond to your post!

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

I spoke to them this morning and was actually very pleasantly surprised.

I talked to somebody helpful and pleasant for a change.

They are still being a little difficult but hopefully I should be able to have everything sorted by the weekend.

I queried the total of arrears they say is outstanding as it does.not add up and is around £600 more than it should be

and also the fact that I will not pay the increased monthly payment for their fairytale story about me renting out the house.

seems totally absurd that they could go for possession due to arrears for something they just.made up and have no evidence off

and I can very easily prove I have never let the house..

Hopefully this will be sorted out,just annoying I have to put myself out due to there attitude.If not I'll be asking for more advice.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Did you get this sorted? I had an issue last year with an interest rate increase. I was not happy but it was deal with after I spoke to my solicitor. Might be worth you appointing one!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there,

I am trying to use your links to access the template letter but it always tells me I do not have permission for access???

Please help as I really think I need something like this letter due to Kensingtons hideous arrears charges!

Thanks in anticipation.

It is working now... Thank you.

Edited by shellby8681
problem rectified

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Brief account of situation..

I have a court hearing for repossession with Kensington on Monday morning 10:00 am.

I am currently working Cyprus and so.can.not attend the.hearing to.out my view across.

I feel that the court will grant possession ti Kensington and need to know how how long I will have to vacate the property.

.I need at least 28 days to get back ti the UK.

the arrears arrears stand at 5000.

I do have arrears fees and return dd fees that total to 2800 on the account and I have been trying to fight these.

I have explained to Kensington I would like to adjourn,thats a no go.

.I have offered to place the.property on the market...again no go.

I feel my best option is to.let the property go and once sold declare bankrupt.

.I.just want this weight lifted and start again

,as it's stressing me,and have give up.

.please advise if there is anything I can do..

ie: contact the court Monday to submit my position and have somebody there to state my case

and explain why I have not attended.

.please help im desperate to know what I can do,if anything.

.how long will myself and family have to vacate,will it be 28 days or less..

Edited by ajd01

when do you return from abroad ?

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I emailed them and asked to hold till end of September as this the earliest I can return...can I ring court early and get someone to notify the judge of this and as I want to represent as feel my account has been badly handled..

Do you have access to a fax machine?

Hi Ell-enn,

I have access to email,

but not fax.sorry for the rushed reply earlier,as I am at work.

.could I not ring the court and ask them just to explain why I am not there.

I know I need to explain my situation I just don't want the judge to think I cant be bothered

..maybe I can download a email to fax program as I have used these before.

..what would you suggest is best way forward with this.

Thank you for your reply earlier...

You certainly do need to contact the court either by fax or phone so they know you are concerned about the situation. If you are able to fax, you must quote the case number and mark it urgent - just state your situation as best you can, but keep it fairly concise and to the point and inform that you asked Kensington to wait until you returned to the UK.

Are you able to offer monthly payments towards the arrears going forward ? If you manager to send a fax you will need to ring the court to check they have got it - the court office should open at 9.00 am although hearings don't usually start until 10.00 so they should be able to let the judge know you have made contct.

I emailed Kensington and explained the situation.and offered to make 2 x payments of £800 this is more than the mortgage payment..

If the judge ruled in Kensingtons favour

how long do they normal give to leave the property?.

.I would need till at least the end of the month

.I will worry more about this after tomorrow but would just like to know in advance.

I also offered to place the property on the housing market myself as we would be looking to sell in our return

As renting would be better now due to working abroad.

Thanks again ell-enn