OFT ruling

mortuk2k
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6592 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don't think it will affect your claim. The bnks have until the end of May to respond, so nothing is likely to be set in stone until some time after that (end of the year?). In any case, regardless of what the OFT says, the bnk will still have to go to court to actually prove how much their charges really cost them - something which I'm sure they'll be reluctnt to do.

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

I think that it can affect the claim very much. I think that the banks now realise that the principle of your claim is now supported at an official level.

I think now that it is much more likely that banks will back down. I wil be modifying the template letters to refer to the OFT statement.

Also I now see a possible way to overcome the 6 year rule and to claim back indefinitely.

Anyone with charges going back more than 6 years please let me know.

I will post a sticky for this in theis forum

Also I now see a possible way to overcome the 6 year rule and to claim back indefinitely.

This also occurred to me last night. Will see if I can dig out some old statements and copy them through.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Anyone with charges going back more than 6 years please let me know.

I will post a sticky for this in theis forum

Natwest, please, Sir. I actually came across some ancient statements when rummaging for something else and the charges are HORRIFIC.

I took a payment from Barclays for £330 before I had filed a court action and signed something that said I would not pursure the matter further. This related to charges in the last six years. If I went back further I am quite sure there would over a grand's worth of charges from my student days. Does anyone think that what I signed would stop me pursuing the other charges? I will have to look at the exact wording, but might have to have a go at the rest of the charges if it turns out to be possible. Any thoughts?

Can't comment on going back more than 6 years, I've not read enough of it yet, but as far as anything you've signed, there is nothing to stop you making a claim regardless of what you have signed, you have legal rights and you can't sign them away.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6592 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks