Mobile Broadband that's no good.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4416 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Mt other half got a 2 year contract for mobile broadband with Vodafone in January 2011.

This came with a laptop.

When we originally got the broadband, the signal was fine (not brilliant, but it worked).

Since moving we no longer get a good enough signal to load a page.

The signal either shows poor or no signal available.

In the last 3 months we haven't been able to use it at all.

Vodafone refuse to lower the allowance per month from 3GB to 1GB to at least try and make the bill cheaper for us.

They also will not allow us to cancel the contract without having to pay the remainder.

This is obviously annoying as we are paying around £25 per month for something we cannot use!

I understand we have to pay the cost of the laptop though, but no matter what we have told Vodafone they are refusing to help us.

They just tell us that Vodafone have the best signal in the country etc.

Any ideas on what we can tell them/write to them to help us?

I really do begrudge paying for something that we cannot use.

We have had to get BT broadband installed just to get the internet which of course is another expense.

Hi Clemma.

Follow this advice and get Lee involved in the 1st instance.

Hi CAG members,

We thought it would be nice to introduce ourselves and to assure you all that our presence on CAG is with the very best of intentions.

vodafone UK has recently introduced a dedicated Web Relations Team which is keen to seek out customers who’re having difficulties with their accounts and feel that they have no other place to turn to than CAG and other consumer forums and blogs.

Naturally, it’s not possible for us to help directly with account specific queries on CAG and as such we would encourage those members who feel we can help them to contact us privately at [email protected] quoting ‘WRT135 – CAG Forum’ in the subject line to ensure that it reaches the Web Relations Team.

When emailing us we would also ask that you either provide us with a link to your post or thread – if you’ve posted in another member’s thread please also provide your CAG username so that we can check what your query is.

Although coverage is not guarenteed in a mobile contract, Lee will be able to investigate this and may come to some arrangement with you.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Lee is decent enough, and he'll do what he can to help.

Read some of the threads linked here

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

Hi clemma,

Thanks for raising your concerns with me and for following locutus's advice.

I can confirm that I've got your email and as such will get back to you as soon as I can.

Lee is decent enough, and he'll do what he can to help.

Read some of the threads linked here

Thanks for these reassuring words for the OP locutus.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Big thank you to Lee and he has saved us some much needed pennies every month. What a star! My OH has been a customer for 5/6 years so it's nice to see a company rewarding loyalty :)

• Haha 1

*Smug mode* You know how it pains me to say "I told ya so" right clemma? :p

Congrats, it is nice to see good customer services, especially in this economic climate. :)

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Big thank you to Lee and he has saved us some much needed pennies every month. What a star! My OH has been a customer for 5/6 years so it's nice to see a company rewarding loyalty :)

It was my pleasure clemma.

I'd glad that your OH was happy with the outcome.

Yeah, yeah Locutus :p

Also, Lee - can you pass your thanks on to the upgrade department as well. The OH is over the moon :)

I'll also be sure to pass this on to my colleagues for you too.

*Smug mode* You know how it pains me to say "I told ya so" right clemma? :p

Congrats, it is nice to see good customer services, especially in this economic climate. :)

Thanks locutus - as you know I do try.

Kind regards to you both.

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK