BankFodder BankFodder

miavega

Non protected deposit penalty questions?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2864 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Dear all I'm hoping for some advice as am extremely broke and have been served section 21 by landlord to quit property end may - this is fine as I have paid all rent but am finding it difficult now so need to move somewhere cheaper. However in all these discussions it has transpired by landlord failed to protect the £1625 I paid April 2011 as deposit. Today he rings and admits he hadn't done it but that he had protected it today. My query is can I still get a court to award me the penalty of 3x deposit due to his failure over the last year? And if he's how do I go about this as I don't need to get court to make him protect it(thou until get proof from TDS will be withholding rent) but I am very poor having given up my job last year to nurse my terminally ill mother. The landlord has not treated me well despite me keeping property immaculately (his words) and paying all rent on time - if this penalty is due to me I really could do with it despite that possibly being money grabbing!!!

Any advice gratefully received

NatWest Bank charges

01/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

06/10/06 Statements arrived

17/10/06 Prelim letter sent claiming £929

23/10/06 Bog off letter received

25/10/06 LBA sent

01/11/06 Second bog off letter received

MBNA Credit Card

17/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) + £10 cheque sent

26/10/06 Letter telling me they will respond by Nov 16th

Duplicate post - ignore