Non protected deposit penalty questions?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4422 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear all I'm hoping for some advice as am extremely broke and have been served section 21 by landlord to quit property end may - this is fine as I have paid all rent but am finding it difficult now so need to move somewhere cheaper. However in all these discussions it has transpired by landlord failed to protect the £1625 I paid April 2011 as deposit. Today he rings and admits he hadn't done it but that he had protected it today. My query is can I still get a court to award me the penalty of 3x deposit due to his failure over the last year? And if he's how do I go about this as I don't need to get court to make him protect it(thou until get proof from TDS will be withholding rent) but I am very poor having given up my job last year to nurse my terminally ill mother. The landlord has not treated me well despite me keeping property immaculately (his words) and paying all rent on time - if this penalty is due to me I really could do with it despite that possibly being money grabbing!!!

Any advice gratefully received

NatWest Bank charges

01/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

06/10/06 Statements arrived

17/10/06 Prelim letter sent claiming £929

23/10/06 Bog off letter received

25/10/06 LBA sent

01/11/06 Second bog off letter received

MBNA Credit Card

17/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) + £10 cheque sent

26/10/06 Letter telling me they will respond by Nov 16th