employer refused to pay me for the job which i did for them

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4303 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i did couple of jobs as event steward with a company in summer 2011 and i got the pay for my first job after been waiting and struggling for more than 6 months. last week when i called them to ask the pay for my second job which i also did in summer 2011 the refused to pay me straight away and told me that i have not attended that job or might be i forget to sign in and sign out but the reality is i did that job and also did sign the attendance sheets moreover this is what mentioned on my online portal that i have attended that job, so when i told them that i have done that job and this is also mentioned on the portal about my attendence the manager replied that they might be wrongly mentioned on my portal about the attendance. i have called them more than 20 times for the same thing in last 6 months but vain,

so is there anybody who can help me in this matter that what am supposed to do further to get my pay i am obviously deserving for.

* i have also saved my portal web page in my pc so might be i can use it as evidence

Hi and Welcome

Sadly you would be out of time to take action through an Employment Tribunal, so would have to look at action in the County Court for a breach of contract. Depending on the proof that an obligation existed to pay you an amount in return for completing a particular task, and if that task was completed successfully, then you need to look at sending a Letter Before Action, outlining the amount which you are due, and giving seven days to respond. If they don't pay or communicate with you to dispute their liability, then issue proceedings in the County Court through MCOL.

Thread moved to the Employment forum.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

thanks for the prompt replay

i am a newbie so , would u please do me a further favor by providing me some sample letters or templates of such type of letter so it ll be really easy for me to take a further step, (infect i have tried to open the given link but couldn't found anything)

Thanks

Hello there.

CAG is designed to be a self-help website, so you may not find someone willing to write a letter for you.

Why don't you have a go yourself and post it up on your thread so people can give you constructive comments? You don't need to say a lot, just what Sidewinder says really. Why they owe you money and how much, etc.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Obviously you will have to edit to suit, but it should be along the lines of:-

Dear Sir,

On [DATE] I was employed/contracted* to undertake duties on your behalf at [EVENTS] and would be paid accordingly.

I completed two jobs as required but have still to receive payment for the second of those events, and consequently I am still owed the sum of [AMOUNT] despite having reminded you of this on numerous occasions.

Please note that should this amount not be paid to me within seven days of receipt of this letter, then I will issue proceedings in the County Court for a breach of contract. This will involve additional costs and interest due on the amount owing, and it is therefore in your interests to give this matter your most urgent attention.

Yours faithfully,

Send it Recorded Delivery so that you will know when to start the seven day clock!

• Confused 1

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Why on earth have you left it so long before chasing for your pay?

infect they were used to tell me other stories regarding my pay that they hvnt got the time sheets, they are looking in to this matter ,etc thats why i was waitng and couldnt took any further step.

• 3 months later...

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Do you have any proof you actually worked the shift? You'll need that to claim in the courts.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!