Santander just cleaned us. HELP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3343 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was made redundant in January and my partner works part time, we get JSA and HB, We had/have and account with Santander and a credit card, because I got made redundant we signed up to CCCS, we had got all the paper work in and just last week CCCS started sending letters to creditors.

This morning my JSA went in and partner pay, Santander removed the over draft as soon as it went in leaving us with nothing How can they do this? We now have no money at all, zero. Our only option is to spend on a credit card throwing us of the DMP with CCCS.

What do we do?

Guest Peer Lawther

Hi dj9928,

The first thing to do is open a new basic bank account (without an overdraft facility) with a new bank not connected to any of your creditors. You should then have your income paid into the new account and swap over all essential direct debits.

Santander are legally within their rights to do this; we've written about this before here, and CAG also has some excellent articles on this - search for "right of offset" (sometimes also called "set off"). Using your credit card again could make the situation worse.

As you’re already a client of ours I'd also recommend that you give us a call for some more advice and help.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Peer

they cant do that sorry

fire off the notice of approriation letter from the green tab library up top.

they are benefits to live on

NOT for santy to squander on their debts.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...