Report or not report, that is the question?

Ali2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4395 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Hope someone can help me with my problem.

Was involved in a car accident which was not my fault, as my car was hit from behind, and driver admitted liability at the scene. However, does not want to involve insurance companies.

Had estimate for repair of car. Being more than car is worth, they are not keen to pay out but have offered to buy me a like for like car. However, not so sure, as could end up with something not very good!

It would probably be better for me to go through insurance. However, need to MOT my car before the end of this month and tax, so how soon do loss adjusters come out to assess the damage? If they offered me a reasonable amount, could I then just get rid of the car and wait to buy a new one? Or do I have to wait for whole legal procedure to go through before I can do anything with the car. This would mean MOT and taxing this month.

If I didn't go through insurance where would I stand from medical standpoint? Is this dealt with separately, in that I could make a claim, without the car side of it being involved. Sorry for all the questions but not been in this situation before.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Insurance all the way. trying to claim medical from him would be a nightmare if he has any money at all.

Thing is he probably does not have insurance which is why he wont want to involve them.

Thanks for your advice.

Yes, does have insurance as details have been provided. But take your point, and best to be safe than sorry. At least dealing with insurance, you know where you are.

If anyone else can answer how long assessor procedure takes that would be very helpful.

How long is a piece of string?

It depends on who your insurer is, who the other party is insured with, whether there is any disagreement about valuation and liability. I would guess that the process is likely to take longer than the month, whatever you do - but if the car is kept off road you could just SORN it?