Internet "debts" in Melbourne/currently in Hong Kong

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3011 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hey everyone!

i was an international student studying in Melbourne last year,

and signed onto Vodafone's monthly internet plan.

i disconnected the plan in November 2011 before i left for good,

and now that i've returned to Hong Kong,

i found that i am still receiving bills every month via e-mail.

apparently there was an operator change,

so the girl who was responsible for my cancellation is gone,

and a pretty useless new guy just keeps asking me the same questions when i demand he check my cancellation status.

i just left the problem be since the guy wasn't helping AT ALL.

i didn't authorize direct debit payments from my back account,

so usually every month i'd have to go to my Vodafone online account to authorize each payment.

so the funny thing is,every is i "cancelled"my account,

i couldn't log on to that online Vodafone account ever since,

shouldn't that mean my account was already cancelled?

i thought they would stop billing me after a few months when they didn't receive payment,

but the bills didn't stop coming.

now that i'm back in Hong Kong,

i've thrown out all my records and deleted all Vodafone related e-mails after the cancellation,

and i'm trying to confront Vodafone to clear up this mess,

but they're not replying my e-mails.

i owe them 3 months worth of bills,but to clarify i haven't even TOUCHED the wifi modem ever since November!

how should i tell them that i'm not paying for anything/reduce the payment if they ever reply my e-mails? i've lost the cancellation confirmation number...

i'm just really worried,

i don't think i gave them any of my Hong Kong information during registration,

but if they keep ignoring my e-mails,

and the monthly bills just keep piling up and won't stop,

what would happen?

would they come after me after 10 years demanding payment?

the SOL law in Hong Kong is 7 years,so if they look for me after that the debt is supposedly gone for good?

any advice would help!!:-(

No they would more than likely have passed the debt on to a debt collection company long before then.

We have a Vodafone rep on the site who I've asked to look into this for you.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

No they would more than likely have passed the debt on to a debt collection company long before then.

We have a Vodafone rep on the site who I've asked to look into this for you.

thanks very much!

i don't want to just leave the debt be,but legally speaking i shouldn't have to pay it.

i just want to settles this mess so it won't haunt me for the rest of my life..!

Lee is a rep for Vodafone in the UK & I don't know whether it's in his remit to deal with the Oz side of the company, but no doubt he should be able to provide details of someone who's able to sort your a/c.

I've sent him a private message but he's offline at the minute so hopefully he'll look at your post tomorrow.

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hey everyone!

i was an international student studying in Melbourne last year,

and signed onto Vodafone's monthly internet plan.

i disconnected the plan in November 2011 before i left for good,

and now that i've returned to Hong Kong,

i found that i am still receiving bills every month via e-mail.

apparently there was an operator change,

so the girl who was responsible for my cancellation is gone,

and a pretty useless new guy just keeps asking me the same questions when i demand he check my cancellation status.

i just left the problem be since the guy wasn't helping AT ALL.

i didn't authorize direct debit payments from my back account,

so usually every month i'd have to go to my Vodafone online account to authorize each payment.

so the funny thing is,every is i "cancelled"my account,

i couldn't log on to that online Vodafone account ever since,

shouldn't that mean my account was already cancelled?

i thought they would stop billing me after a few months when they didn't receive payment,

but the bills didn't stop coming.

now that i'm back in Hong Kong,

i've thrown out all my records and deleted all Vodafone related e-mails after the cancellation,

and i'm trying to confront Vodafone to clear up this mess,

but they're not replying my e-mails.

i owe them 3 months worth of bills,but to clarify i haven't even TOUCHED the wifi modem ever since November!

how should i tell them that i'm not paying for anything/reduce the payment if they ever reply my e-mails? i've lost the cancellation confirmation number...

i'm just really worried,

i don't think i gave them any of my Hong Kong information during registration,

but if they keep ignoring my e-mails,

and the monthly bills just keep piling up and won't stop,

what would happen?

would they come after me after 10 years demanding payment?

the SOL law in Hong Kong is 7 years,so if they look for me after that the debt is supposedly gone for good?

any advice would help!!:-(

Hi nat-ong,

Although I wouldn't be able to assist you directly with this I'm sure I'll be able to refer it to my colleagues down-under.

To enable me to do this could you email me with the relevant details via the Contact us form here quoting the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To make sure that it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as I can?

Lee is a rep for Vodafone in the UK & I don't know whether it's in his remit to deal with the Oz side of the company, but no doubt he should be able to provide details of someone who's able to sort your a/c.

I've sent him a private message but he's offline at the minute so hopefully he'll look at your post tomorrow.

Thanks for flagging this with me cerbs.

Kind regards to you both.

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Hi Lee,

thank you for helping me follow up despite the fact you're not a rep for Aus Vodafone,

i really appreciate it.

i've tried filling in the form,but problem is i don't have a UK number,

and i filled it in with the registered Vodafone number in Australia but it didn't work,

(though i'm not sure if that particular number assigned to my internet plan is a phone number or not...)

what should i do?

Hi nat-ong,

Thanks for coming back to me.

Could you email the subscription number only of the account in question to [email protected] together with including a link to your thread here?

To ensure that it reaches me please also quote the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

• 9 months later...

Hi,me again.

sorry to bother you guys,

but i received some help here last year regarding my continued billing from Melbourne's vodafone,

and if it wasn't for lee,i wouldn't have been able to settle things with them!

i'm having another problem because the last time lee referred me to Vodafone,

they had confirmed that my service had cancelled and there wasn't any outstanding payment,

yet a year later,a few days ago i received an email from a credit collecting company regarding some outstanding payment that i have to clear up,which,after checking with Vodafone's staff,didn't really match up. (The CCC company's demand being $45.59 and Vodafone's staff reporting that my overdue amount is $36.47!)

And due to my naivety,i had cleared all emails regarding the confirmation of service cancellation and that i had no overdue bills to pay....

i was wondering if Lee or anyone else could refer me to a more capable department/staff? The general questions staff I'm dealing with isn't being very helpful...

It would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Lee should pick up your latest post but if he misses it you can still contact him using the details in post #7

• Haha 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi nat-ong,

Thanks for making me aware of the developments here.

To enable me to follow up on these could you email me as suggested by cerbs via the contact details provided last year?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK