Charges Not Illegall???

jrothwell
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6415 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all. Just a quick update. Sent a letter requesting they pay me back the charges, giving 14 days to reply. Had reply saying passed on to complaints dept allow upto 4 weeks to hear. Complaint dept sent a letter within a week saying after they have looked into it the charges are not legal but as a gesture of goodwill they will pay me £663 (where do they get such an odd amount from?). So any ideas on what to do next. Do I send second letter before action? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Jason

Am new to this, so not 100% sure but the standard procedure seems to be to go straight to the next stage which is the letter before action, unless you are happy to take the odd amount that they have offered you. Your best bet is to take a look at the FAQs which outlines what to do and what to expect. Another good site is the motley fool. Good luck

Hi all. Just a quick update. Sent a letter requesting they pay me back the charges, giving 14 days to reply. Had reply saying passed on to complaints dept allow upto 4 weeks to hear. Complaint dept sent a letter within a week saying after they have looked into it the charges are not legal but as a gesture of goodwill they will pay me £663 (where do they get such an odd amount from?). So any ideas on what to do next. Do I send second letter before action? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Jason

Did they actually use the term legal/illegal?

Accept the £663 as part settlement - letter in templates library.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Sorry my mistake. They said there charges are not illegal

Just need to be a little bit careful with terminology.

Bank charges are perfectly legal.

But they are not lawful.

There's a difference and if you were to file a court claim stating that the charges are illegal and it did go before a judge you might just be in difficulties.

Pete

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

You need to read the FAQ's and the Step by step instructions that can be accessed via link at the end of my signature, also when you make your claim at the court you need to inform them that you have received a gesture of good will, still continue to claim for your original amount or amend the amount, but make sure that, should you come to a settlement with the abbey solicitors, that you inform them that you have already allowed for the GOGW in your claim, otherwise abbey will try and take it off you

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed