Buchanan Clark & Wells, Aktiv Krapital, and the Creditor as Barclaycard

exRAF
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

std threat-o-gram

recommend, if.might,could,instruct

ignore

dx

I guess it's just the lure of trying to draw a line under things for myself that's prompting me to consider contact. Having thought about it I'll wait for the illusive N1 from the court as if the debt is SB, as I believe, then it's the ultimate defence, and it saves me from endless correspondence as no doubt they'll think they have a salmon on the rod if I respond.

• 3 weeks later...

Got another letter today....... This time stating they will be recommending to their client that they seek a CCJ. It is worded slightly differently to the others. I may post it up if anyone thinks its worth me worrying about?

you'll get every cleaver word play in the world

but it will never say WILL..

ignore

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you'll get every cleaver word play in the world

but it will never say WILL..

ignore

dx

Having read it, and read it again you're right, at no point does it say will. Rather it's all about recommending and possibilities.

If they were certain of getting the right result in front of a judge, ie, they had every document in the right order etc, they WOULD issue a court claim. But stating they might, could, perhaps, recommend and so on suggests very clearly they have absolutely nothing they could rely upon and are hoping you don't know that. I'd still ignore them.

Write back thanking them for their constant supply of Jokes and comic strip humour, tell them you are looking forward to their next issue and hope that it will be as hilarious as all their previous copies.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I am really tempted to send a sarcastic SB letter as I know I've not paid in 5 years. However I've found a letter from my doctor I copied and sent to my creditors around May 07 which asked for charges etc to be written off as I was unwell when entering credit agreements (bipolar affective disorder) and unlikely to be working in the foreseeable future. They refused. So I'm concerned if I did send the SB letter they may have my previous letter on file thus acknowledging the debt in the preceding 5 years.

Seems everyone is of the same opinion :-) What's sad about all this is that had they tried to help in the first instance I could have possibly done something. Due to a lack of understanding, compassion and ultimately greed they can foxtrot oscar!

Exactly! They are, or rather were, more than happy to fill our packets and bank accounts up with money hand over fist, and reassured us that if we were having difficulties paying them back, that we were to approach them and they would help us, and what happened? They did sweet fanny adams, there is a very well known high street bank who would love to recoup some of the 60k I allegedly owe them, and when I asked for help knowing I would be unable to maintain the current level of payments, do you think they offered any constructive advice?

Like hell they did, and they have under 12 months to find me, let alone try and get a single penny back!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 3 weeks later...

Latest letter from these cretins threatens me with a doorstop 'debt investigation agent'

They claim that on previous correspondence they informed me I'd be subject to legal action as this is what they'd recommend to their client (Aktiv Kapital)

yet now they will be sending a pensioner in a mac to 'investigate' me.

They are laughable.

If they were satisfied legal action was the way forward, hence their recommendation, why have they not pursued this?

Seems to me they are clutching at straws.

I'm satisfied I've made no payments in 5 years so it is SB in that respect,

but I know I did write providing medical evidence in May '07 as I have a GPs letter from that time.

I think I'll wait until the end of May and fire off the SB letter.

two threads merged

keep to one thread per debt please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ex raf, you seem like you are going to the bitter end on this one, i sent my sb letter when my dca was just threatening the legal action, they closed the file after 3days, it would be interesting to see what the absolute final word would be from them.. would a token payment show up on your credit file?