bcw verification letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi the ex got a verification letter from BC&W today

client name xxxxx

bcw ref xxxxxx

client ref xxxxx

original address

Saying dear Mrs xxxxxxx

We are trying to contact Mrs xxxx with regards to a private matter we have confirmed your address through a credit link obtained via a credit reference agency as being the same person who previously lived at the original address

It is our old address what to do she can't remember if this was paid off(it was only 3 years ago so wouldn't be SB)

as she does remember dealing with the client another dca but the client ref number is different from the one she had with them what should she do? it the through a credit link obtained via a credit reference agency bit that's got her worried.

Should she just sit back and see what happens next there was no amount owed on it just asking her to get in contact to resolve the matter or if she is not the person so they can amend their records.

Do not be intimidated by the way the letter is written, it is written to be intimidating and to get you to telephone them.

As BCW (god knows how) have a consumer credit licence, they can check credit reference files to obtain various bits of info - i.e. your ex was on the voting register / opened a bank account etc.

As PGH says, just tell your ex to sit back and wait until they write with full info of any debt, when they do, post back here for more info.

DO NOT ring them and if BCW ring you, refuse to go through the security questions and simply say "in writing only" and hang up.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

That's what I thought she knows never to talk or phone them thats why she came to me as we are still friends it was a mutual split.

If anything turns up will let you know.

thanks

Ok she got a formal demand today this time stating that the client is as previous aktive kapital but the creditor is GE Capital/ First National Tricity Finance she's never heard of them.

with the full amount owing £1,027,00 which will probably be a whole load of interest & charges as any card she had only had a credit limit of £200-£300.

Now she never responded to the first letter confirming if it was or was not her.

She had put all the debts in the hands of a company called spectrum which she cancelled as they were no good plus we lost the house ended up homeless and split up all this in 2008 She doesn't want to send a prove it letter just now in case it is one of her older debt as she's clearing up what she can just now and can't afford another.she only gets income support but not much. I think and I could be wrong that she should hang off for a bit and see how far it goes.

Ignore them for now. Certainly do not confirm any personal details if they phone, tell them writing only. If they persist the next move should be the prove it letter then a cca letter if they don't send one in reply to the prove it.

• 2 weeks later...

Update she got a new letter in today final notice

Saying as she has not contacted them that this letter should be regarding as a final notice that unless payment is made immediately they will recommend that their clients commence legal proceedings against youwith payments of Interest and costs in addition to the principal Sum being sought.

Plus of course the option to contact them to set up a payment plan to prevent this.

I loved how DCA and Lawyers use scary red and bold text in parts of the letter to frighting folk.

Now she has still not sent any letters confirming she is or is not the person they are looking for so how can they take court action if they don't know if this is the right person. What to do next she is scared plus worried in case it is one of her old ones that she has forgot about.

Worse case if it is she will pay it now she is on income support so can she ask for a low payment and for interest to be stopped as she would come under the vulnerable category.

• 4 weeks later...

A new letter arrived a couple of days a go she just brought it to me today it now says as they haven't received any reply that they may advice their client to seek legal action.

just file it and igore it they are fishing. its just the automated theatogam doing what it does sending out meaningless rubbish

if you look it says we MAY means we wont really as we dont have a chance in hell but please please pay us

A new letter arrived a couple of days a go she just brought it to me today it now says as they haven't received any reply that they may advice their client to seek legal action.

I've had the same letter; thus far no action. My debt is SB to the best of my knowledge so I'll sit back and see what nonsense they come up with next....... Ultimately it comes down to this: if these companies had any chance of recovery they'd have done something in the first instance and long ago.