No trace of insurance schedule by insurance company

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3379 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have been stopped by the police yesterday for no insurance. When we called the insurance company, they say the insurance has lapsed and not been renewed, but my partner did call them to renew and we have a printout of the renewal schedule from Dec13 2011-Dec12 2012. Upon checking her credit cards, we found no payment was made to the insurance company (there's no way they could not take away the money because it has a limit of £3000).

I am now left with a dilemma, I have a printout stating I am insured and no trace of it by the insurer.

We have taken another insurance now but I have to pay £200 for driving without insurance and get 6 points on my licence for the insurance mistake.

Your advise is welcome

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I'm sorry to hear of your problems and hope the insurance guys will be along later with advice for you. We see a few queries like yours on the forum.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

A renewal schedule is not a certificate of insurance and if you don't have a certificate, you are not insured.

Ultimately it's your responsibility to make sure you are insured, not the insurance company.

Make a written complaint to the Insurers and ask them to look into this. There should be some record of the phone call or someone accessing the policy record, at the time the phone call was made.

As has been pointed out, you should have been sent a new certificate of Insurance, to confirm the renewal of the policy. Some companies such as Morethan send this out with their renewal papers and as long as the premium is paid, the cover is in force. Others do not send the certificate out, until the policy has been paid and renewed.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread