Car Giant - can i claim back warranty that was useless to me?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4398 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have a question about the mechanical breakdown on the used car.

I had bought a car from the car giant in 2001 and the sales person insisted to buy the policy which cose me £639 for the period of the three years.

After a week of the purchase, the car CD changer back in the boot got broken down.

I went to the garage to ask if they could replace it under the warranty cover but I was told by the garage that it is not covered.

It costed me a £150 to replace it.

In 2003, I contacted the garage again because the radio was broken down.

Again, my claim was rejected due to this was not covered.

In 2004, I contacted the garage due to the driver side window switch needed replacing. Again, the claim was rejected.

In recent news of PPI and purchasing the expensive insurance, the major banks were fined.

Under my circumstances, as me being disabled due to an illness and losing the job; I feel, I need to claim my money back.

I went to the garage to buy a car and not the warranty. I was pressured by the sales person back then!

I have recently written to the Car Giant about this.

They have simply fobbed me off say “the car was of satisfactory quality and fit for its purpose....":roll:

They have also denied that policy does not appear to be mis-sold!

I would appreciate any suggestion/advise please.:help:

Regards

TBQH no warranty on earth will cover a radio or CD player.

And almost all warranties for 2nd hand cars exclude switches.

What you have bought it not a 'warranty' as such but is insurance against mechanical breakdown which needs to be not related to wear and tear, but must be sudden and unexpected. To keep this current you are expected to have the car servced to manufacturers standards WITH PROOF (ie bills) within 1500 miles or a month or so of the recommended mileage / date.

So if the alternator packs up due to an internal failure and doesn't charge the battery anymore it will be covered (usually!)

Whereas if the same thnig happens due to the front bearing having gone on the alternator then this is wear and tear due to age and mileage and is not usually covered.

Window switches are not normally deemed as a mechanical item whereas on most of these policies the motor is viewed as being a mechanical item. So motor = yes, switch = no... as long as they don't say its wear and tear (and they will!)

But many warranties are next to useless and TBQH this is how car giant make their money.. the car 'looks' cheap in the ad (and it is!) but you can't buy it for that money, a compulsory £650 warranty must be purchased, which actually costs car giant (probably)

And that's where they get their profit.

Personally I don't think you've got a case for misselling as you haven't yet tried to claim for something thats covered under the terms of the policy... and when it is, they'll try and get out of it under the wear and tear clause.

In short, these warranties are an absolute waste of money, but until you try and claim for somethnig that should be covered you can't really say its unfit for purpose as you have been 'lucky' enough to have not needed it!

BW

NO warranty is compulsory and all can be reclaimed

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

dx

Hmmmmm, interesting, please elaborate, especially the 'all can be reclaimed bit'.

H

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

not refering to any outside reclaim co.

but

simply type it reclaim car warranty

in any search engine

you;ll soon get the idea

then comeback here

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no bother

dx

and they

dx

Oh I see, you missed out the 'Car' bit. 'All' warranties cannot be reclaimed, some people have had a success reclaiming a car MBI (Mechanical Breakdown Insurance).

Some other people have saved a fortune by having one. Whether you buy one or not should be an informed choice, based on how lucky you feel at the time.

H

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

but its the same as insurances really.

most warranties are pointlessa s with 80% of domestic goods and even dealer cars , SOGA is your friend

warranties are IN ADDITION to statutory rights, and mostly ointless just a commission grabbing sales ploy.

dx

and they

but its the same as insurances really.

most warranties are pointlessa s with 80% of domestic goods and even dealer cars , SOGA is your friend

warranties are IN ADDITION to statutory rights, and mostly ointless just a commission grabbing sales ploy.

dx

The bit I was interested in was your assertion that they (warranties) could 'all' be reclaimed.

H

GARUDALINUX.ORG

it ceratainly appears that way if you use a search engine!

1000's of reclaim co's!!!!!!

dx

and they

it ceratainly appears that way if you use a search engine!

1000's of reclaim co's!!!!!!

dx

Aye, all like the ones who keep sending me texts saying they can claim back the ppi I never had.

H

GARUDALINUX.ORG