JSA to ESA?

elfieb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3488 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have been "mandated" to a ascension meeting next week and do not wish to attend. i was signing on jsa for a very short time and as soon as i saw this course in the form of an induction i signed off and started self employed work to escape but to my horror they called me every day for two weeks wanting to know what i was doing. i did all i could to avoid them as it was harassment but i finally gave in and gave my details. however i am currently sick and on esa and to my horror they have surfaced again! What happens if i just ignore the letters and dont attend? i guess i get my benefit taken away? but what else might happen? are all future attempts not allowed in terms of claiming? i really want nothing to do with them and there demeaning "course".

I would write a short, terse letter to the manager of the local centre, copying in your MP explaining that you have requested time and time again they leave you alone as you are on ESA, NOT assigned to any group and they are seriously hampering your recovery.

Thank you for your reply. i am seeing the doctor tuesday but my problem is time - i might as him to call them as i am worried a letter wont get to anyone in time for next thurs. by write to the centre do you mean prospects centre or JC? only letters get lost for weeks in the system...same with mp's but i will consider it...

in a reply to my email they stated "

Prospects work with customer's who claim a range of benefits, including JSA and ESA. If you do not feel fit enough to attend appointments with Prospects, you can certainly discuss this with your local Jobcentre Plus or your local Prospects office"