wescot llyods tsb advice?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4399 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i got a letter this morning from wescot saying i owe llyods tsb nearly £500 and that i should call them. i do remeber this debt but it is well over 5yrs old. nearly 6 as ive been waiting for it to be removed from my criedt file. as i wasnt on the system for over 4 yrs now ive setaled down they have finaly tracked me down. what should i do? as i dont really want to pay it. does anyone have any advice for me?

thanks

sorry you said it wasnt on the system?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

when was your last payment?

when is the default dated?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ok the last payment i made was on the 28-04-2007

and the default date was a few months after that date

this is my first letter ive recived about this debt since then

Edited by undeaduk
date

so heres the background on this

i lost my job at the begining of 2007. so i ended up not being able to pay my loan with llyods tsb. after loseing my job i coudnt afford to pay my rent so i ended up moveing around for the next 3-4 yrs. i have now setled down got a job and started getting criedt again since learning from my past i am on top of all my bills and no longer in debt with any1. but it seems now my past has caught up with me and is starting to stress me out. i dont know what to do about this letter and after reading the forums i decided to post this thread for some advice. like i said the last payment i made was about this time 5 yrs ago and defulted a few months after but because i moved around alot i never got any letters. so what should i do? do i call them and attempt to make payments? or do i ignore them? or do i send them a letter bk asking them to send me proff of the agrement?

thanks

If you start paying now you have to be fully committed to paying off the relevant amount. You could make a 'without prejudice' full and final offer to pay off the debt in one go. They might be prepared to accept say 30% of the outstanding balance as a one off payment to satisfy the debt. This risk is that they don't accept this and they harass you for full payment, even trying to get a CCJ.

The other option which is your choice, is to consider that the debt will become statute barred in April 2013 and should therefore not be on your credit record after this, with payment then becoming unenforceable. You can expect much more harassment in terms of phone calls and letters, as the debt gets nearer to becoming statute barred. If your partner is not aware of this debt, you should inform them, as they are bound to be concerned by phone calls.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

did you have PPI on the loan?

or got hit with PENALTY charges?

might be more they owe you.

dx

and they

well i dont have the papper work any more but i do think i did have the payment insurance on it. witch i tried to claim on when i lost my job and they didnt have any of it. how do i go about disputeing this or checking weather i did or not. it has been so long and so near to the six yr mark. what should i do?

ive just checked my criedt report and it says it was defulted on 25/06/2009. is it from the last payment made the six yrs is from or from there default date? but the date of the last payment isnt on the report witch was in 2007.

Well you could SAR the original lender. That way you can see if there was ppi and any unfair charges that you can claim back.

That would probably be the best way forward. If you send the Data Protection subject access request to the Compliance Manager at Lloyds TSB, they will just arrange to supply the relevant information and should not advise Wescott of your request. Then once you have all the information, if there is any PPI or charges you want to claim back, then you enter into a complaint with Lloyds TSB. At that point Wescott will have to put all collection activity on hold, pending the outcome of your complaint. If Lloyds TSB could not resolve your complaint, you would just pass it on to the FOS and by the time the FOS looked at the complaint, the chances are that it could well be statute barred.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

ive just checked my criedt report and it says it was defulted on 25/06/2009. is it from the last payment made the six yrs is from or from there default date? but the date of the last payment isnt on the report witch was in 2007.

Get the SAR off to Lloyds TSB for the information you need and ignore Wescott for the minute. When you get the information back, you can then take forward complaints regarding PPI/charges and wrong info on your credit file.