style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4179 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear azzadle

I am in the same position as you but I havent heard from them since last June when they took £75 [EDIT] from an account I had only had opened for a week. When I took out the loan with them I banked with Barclays this new account was with Lloyds TSB so still dont know how they managed to get the debit card details. When I emailed them on the address that I had done several times before telling them I would be reporting them to the police [EDIT] the email came back as not recognized I havent heard a thing from them since not even from this MT Collect or anyone else that people have mentioned on this site.

Edited by ims21

Dear Ell-een

No i had only opened the account about two previous to my salary going in and had not been on the internet what was so mad the bank wouldnt accept it as fraud they said because I owed them money it wasnt classed as that. When I asked them how have they got my card details with Lloyds TSB when I banked with Barclays when i got the loan and they couldnt answer. I emailed Capital One and told them I would be reporting them for fraud the email came back as not a recognized website even though I had emailed them before with the same address. The last I heard from them was last July when they said my account had been passed to Daniel Silverman I sent him a letter saying I would pay £40 a month and thats the last I have heard. I havent heard anything from this awful MT Collect or anyone else.

Did you give your new card details to anyone at all ? either by entering it onto a site to buy something, or over the phone? We need to explore every avenue to see how CF1 could have got your new card number - someone somewhere is passing these details to them and we need to prove how it's done.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Dear Ell-enn

I never buy anything off the internet but what I couldnt understand is that they never tried to take anything from my Barclays account which was the bank I was at when I took out the loan but as soon as I changed banks they then took out £75 in 3x £25 instalments. I suupose I was one of the lucky one's as I have heard stories on here where they have wiped someone's bank account out. They have not taken anything since but I am still wary everytime my salary goes in.

This is astonishing ! I just can't fathom how they are getting new card details and bank account numbers from - but we will get to the bottom of it!!

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I really do think you need to get a crime number.

As I see it, this is fraudulent activity and as such a report to these will be a start

http://www.actionfraud.org.uk/

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a telephone call from 02031951181 when I rang the number just heard the last word been Collect. Put this on to the internet and says its Capital One Finance so assume what I heard was MT Collect. What I cant understand is where they have got my mobile number from as this is a new number probably the same fraudelent way they get your bank details.

Just had a telephone call from 02031951181 when I rang the number just heard the last word been Collect. Put this on to the internet and says its Capital One Finance so assume what I heard was MT Collect. What I cant understand is where they have got my mobile number from as this is a new number probably the same fraudelent way they get your bank details.

I just had a telephone call as well, from the same number but have been receiving txt msgs threatening bailiffs and visits to my work, written like this "we are due to VISIT your WORK TODAY TO STOP action please phone 01617381203 (obvs the same bods) and also, I am due to CALL to your address TODAY TO STOP yadayadayada. By the way, I live in Belfast, and we dont even have bailiffs over here!

Have now recieved a letter from these people on Friday threatning legal action against me. The amount is now £690 for a £200 loan. Usual crap saying that if i dont respond to a summons they can take goods or I could have a attachment of earnings order blah blah. Can anyone give me any advice what to do should I reply to them telling them to foxtrot oscar or should i ignore them. They have rung me which I have ignored i havent had any threatning texts yet. I sent Capital One loads of emails they also commited fraud by taking money out of an account they didnt have details for. I then sent a letter to Daniel Silverman's and this was ignored. Would just like some advice on what my next course of action should be.

They have been threatening legal action for every post I have seen in the past few months and I have yet to see court papers

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Hi silverfox1961

Do you think I should reply to the letter. Just worried that if I do they will start sending me threatning text messages as they have already been trying to ring me on my mobile.

If it was me they were dealing with, I would encourage them to go to court. Calling their bluff is high on my list.

You could write back and inform them that their threats don't work.

if they start sending the texts, you already know they are rubbish.

The amount of tea and biscuits wasted on them not actually turning up must be horrendous :madgrin:

Hi silverfox1961

Thanks for that will drop them a line shortly. Just heard horror stories on here about the texts they send people. Just cant believe these people get away it.

• 5 months later...

Had a text message from Capital Finance One saying that my account is in default and that if I dont make an arrangement for payment then i will be passed to a credit reference agency blah blah blah. I have tried on several occasions to set up a repayment plan with this company and have had no response. At the beginning they took £75 out of a new account without my consent. I have tried to set payments up with the company & Daniel Silverman to no avail.

I have also had one text from MT Collect.

They have put on the recent text asking me to go on their website and set up a direct debit has anyone else done this and had any problems i am reluctant to give them my bank details as they have a reputation of wiping peoples banks accounts out.

If you set up a direct debit with them they can then take money from your account - you need to be in control of payments. Ask them for their bank details and if you have internet banking pay that way - make sure you quote your account number and name on any payment transactions.

Ask for their bank details for a SO- Do Not give them bank details. I took out a loan with them last year, they helped themselves to everything in my bank account ( double the loan amount). I then find out that they want more money as this was "just interest" I too have been ridiculed, threatened etc by them, I have also today received the same text! I have advised them that I have a solicitor and that I require their details. Hope you get sorted

Dear kjsw

Thanks for that I have tried so many times to set up a repayment plan with these people and they just dont want to know I will ask for their bank details and try and set up a standing order and pay them what I can afford this could of been sorted a long time ago but they just drag there heels and add more and more interest god knows what i owe them now.

Set up a parachute account to secure your money. With your account you have atm, cancel the debit card, and get the CPA cancelled on the account.

Regardless of payment plans etc, you MUST secure your money above all else.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

dear renegade- that is a sound option! My loan has been repaid more than tripple the amount yet they still help themselves. I've a new bank account now I have told them I have a solicitor and until they give me their details then nothing will be settled! It's shocking how rude abusive and childish their staff are and they hang up too then send threats!

Unfortunately thats how all PDL's are. They throw around threats, and harass debtors with anything they can, purely to get money from them. It's why we call them legal loan sharks.

Get that new account set up with a bank that isnt in the same banking group as your current one and secure your money. Then we can help you write a full complaint to CFO outlining your position, and what will happen if ANYTHING happens regarding your account, as no debt exists.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 2 months later...

Recieved an email from these on Wednesday. I stupidly took a pay day loan out from these and because i missed a payment and explained the reason my amount went from £200 to over £500 so my account has been in dispute for about 18 months now.

I have had emails telling me to set up a direct debit to clear the account but am reluctant to do this as they are known to wipe peoples banks accounts out.

This latest email is a classic they have offered to reduce my debt to £200 and offer me a further £70 which I am really going to do. Has anyone else had this email just dosent seem legal to me but is anything they do legal.

Hi

Yup i got one of those aswell, mine stated that they are reducing the debt to the original amount. I already have there bank details so i am going to pay the original amount and keep this email of proof of what i owe to them.