Help with revoked license

HelenJones
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4420 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just wondering if anyone can advise? After 20 years of trouble free driving I got caught by a speed camera and got an SP30 with 3 points in April 2009. I paid the fine and at some point remeber reading that I needed to send my license in to have the points put on. I never got round to sending it in and when I thought about it I presumed as I had not heard again, that it wasn't that important - presumed it was all compuerised anyway. Things were fine until I had an accident 2 weeks ago. My insurance company put me thorough to DVLA on a conference call to check out my License. During this call DVLA advised me that they needed to speak to me without the Ins. Co so I rang them immediately. They informed me that because I never sent the paper license in, that it had been revoked. Obviously, I was only ever going to discover this when I had an accident or got further points. I am contacting my insurance company but I have a feeling that this is going to invalidate my insurance. I have always declared my points on my insurance. I can reapply for the license immediately at no charge and and i do not have to re-do my test or anything. Anyone any comment/advise on this I would be extremely grateful.

Taken off what I had posted as I had mis-read your post!!!!!! Sorry HB

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

The policy actually states - " Provided that the person driving holds a license tio drive the vehicle or has held and is not disqualifies from holding or obtaining such a licence"

Do you think this covers me?

Any help/advice much appreciated.

Edited by HelenJones

Mmm, your licence will have automatically been revoked 28 days after the 'conviction' if it wasn't surrendered to have the points added. Which means of course you have been driving for almost 3 years with your licence revoked. Good luck with that one.

The policy actually states - " Provided that the person driving holds a license tio drive the vehicle or has held and is not disqualifies from holding or obtaining such a licence"

Do you think this covers me?

Any help/advice much appreciated.

As you are not 'disqualified from holding or obtaining such a licence' it covers you.