SAR £10 fee...

G1BB0
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6406 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have requested my statements from Woolwich without sending the £10 cheque and receieved acknowledgement etc

I am now going to chase both credit cards aswell (Barclaycard and Capital One)

I dont have access to a cheque book so would it need to be a P/O ?

or could i send without and omit the sentence stating the £10 fee is included?

thanks in advance

Steve G

Woolwich

S.A.R sent to Woolwich 12/09/06

list of charges received 05/10/06 total £979.79

prelim sent 06/10/2006 for £979.79

LBA sent 20/10/06

3/11/06 offer recieved £485 - LBA deadline also

Capital One

S.A.R sent 05/10/06

didnt send £10 so resending on payday

Steve

If you dont send the fee they have every reason to delay you.

They are allowed to charge you a fee and your application is not complete without it should they decide to charge one.

you could give them a ring and find out what they charge.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

will have to see if someone can write me a couple of cheques out then

Woolwich

S.A.R sent to Woolwich 12/09/06

list of charges received 05/10/06 total £979.79

prelim sent 06/10/2006 for £979.79

LBA sent 20/10/06

3/11/06 offer recieved £485 - LBA deadline also

Capital One

S.A.R sent 05/10/06

didnt send £10 so resending on payday

The problem is that the act allows (does not compel) a company to levy a charge for an SAR up to a maximum of £10.

I recently sent off several SAR's without enclosing any fee or making reference to it in the application letter. Two companies wrote back asking for their £10, two so far have given me the required information without asking for a fee at all and I've yet to hear at all from the others.

I'm in no particular hurry for the information so it's no problem to me if I have to write in again to some of them but this does illustrate that not all companies want a fee. If you're not in a hurry why not try asking without sending the fee?

Another avenue is perhaps making a request for information under the Consumer Credit Act section 77 or 78; there is a £1 fee for this. One CC company that I made this request of included a full set of statements which is exactly what I would have got if I'd paid them £10 for an SAR request. Maybe worth a try?

Pete

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

The problem is that if you writre and dont hear anything and havent inclouded a fee how long do you wait before doing anything?

If you send the application in the propoer format with the fee then you give them 40 days then either take them to court or complain to the ICO.

If they do not respond at all you then have to chase them up and could find yourself waiitng a long time without any recourse if they fail to respond.

JMHO

GLenn

PS you can use postal orders if you wish.

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

MBNA - Settled in Full

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

The problem is that if you writre and dont hear anything and havent inclouded a fee how long do you wait before doing anything?

If you send the application in the propoer format with the fee then you give them 40 days then either take them to court or complain to the Information Commissioners Office.

If they do not respond at all you then have to chase them up and could find yourself waiitng a long time without any recourse if they fail to respond.

JMHO

GLenn

PS you can use postal orders if you wish.

Hi Glenn

Yes, I'm aware of the timescale difficulties but, as I said, I'm in no hurry and in any event I've already had replies from four of the companies I wrote to. If the others don't reply within the 40 days then I'll ring them and ask; if they say it's because I sent no fee then fine, I'll resend it. But by doing it my way I've already saved £20 and could save yet more so for me it's worth it.

If you are in a real hurry then yes, send the tenner.

Pete

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

Or of course telephone the company concerned and ask them about the fee.

Pete

Guest ian cognito

you probably haven't saved any money as some banks just send the cheques back if they don't charge, I would send cheques if you can et somebody to write them as this at least gives you an indication of when your enquiry was received and so you have a reference point for further action. I would have thought if tey received our request without a cheque, they should write back and ask for it but they don't!!

you probably haven't saved any money as some banks just send the cheques back if they don't charge, I would send cheques if you can et somebody to write them as this at least gives you an indication of when your enquiry was received and so you have a reference point for further action. I would have thought if tey received our request without a cheque, they should write back and ask for it but they don't!!

I wasnt really thinking about you number 6 when i wrote that but more for the originaly poster.

The implications of your strategy are that the claiminat could have to allow up to 80 days before taking action against the banks for non complaince with the SAR.

As for saving money, I understand that many may not be able to afford the tenners at the start of the claim, however, since its reclaimable then its a matter of offsetting the cost rather than saving.

Each will know their circumstances, my advice is to send the SAR with the fee inlcuded then you know exactly where you are from the start.

If you cant afford it then you have to make a choice.

JMHO

GLenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

I wasnt really thinking about you number 6 when i wrote that but more for the originaly poster.

The implications of your strategy are that the claiminat could have to allow up to 80 days before taking action against the banks for non complaince with the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request).

As for saving money, I understand that many may not be able to afford the tenners at the start of the claim, however, since its reclaimable then its a matter of offsetting the cost rather than saving.

Each will know their circumstances, my advice is to send the SAR with the fee inlcuded then you know exactly where you are from the start.

If you cant afford it then you have to make a choice.

JMHO

GLenn

I really think that to be sure then phone the company before you send the letter, then you'll know for sure.

Pete