pregnant but asked to do ESA medical

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi guys, i`am longterm disabled due to brain tumor as a child, I have been on benefits up until 8 months ago when i started a small business from home, i found this difficult so had to stop 3 months ago.

so i`am back on benefits & have been asked to attend an ESA medical in two weeks, does anyone know if this sounds right as by then i will be 32 weeks pregnant & will be in no way able to work that is without taking my disability into account.

If you are already claiming ESA on the basis of the condition resulting from the brain tumour then yes you would still have to attend the medical. If you are only claiming ESA because you are pregnant and unable to work then as soon as you are issued your MatB1 form you should make a claim for Income Support not ESA.

Anyone called for a medical for ESA should attend, however; if there is a reason your pregnancy would prevent you travelling to the location notification in advance and a request for a change of venue should be honoured if your GP/Midwife adds their weight to it. You can ask to be seen somewhere more convenient for you.

Since my earlier post i have spoke to CAB who tell me i have to attend, they also advise that my partner who is my carer should claim for IS, so thanks for the info.

on another note i had to change appointment time as it was same time as my son finishes school, but you would not believe the attitude of the person at medical centre, they were not happy to change it, it was like they came before anything else, would be interesting if i go into labor day of medical LOL