RIU Hotel has changed. what should i do

mollymoo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6417 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all,

i had booked a hol for next year at the RIU arabella in Bulgaria, but i heard from the travel agents yesterday that the franchise agreement between RIU and the hotel owner has been terminated as a result of a contractual dispute.

they say that they do not antincipate that it will have any effect on my overall holiday enjoyment as the owner has assured them that the same manager and staff will remain in place and whilst the RIU branding will disappear, all services and facilities will operate as normal.

It is now called the Grifid Hotel Arabella.

Before i phone them up, i wondered if anyone had any views on this?

i.e. would i be able to cancel if i wanted to?

should i cancel?

we only booked this one as we wanted a reputable hotel chain so we knew what we could expect.

any help, gratefully received.

thanks

hi all,

i had booked a hol for next year at the RIU arabella in Bulgaria, but i heard from the travel agents yesterday that the franchise agreement between RIU and the hotel owner has been terminated as a result of a contractual dispute.

they say that they do not antincipate that it will have any effect on my overall holiday enjoyment as the owner has assured them that the same manager and staff will remain in place and whilst the RIU branding will disappear, all services and facilities will operate as normal.

It is now called the Grifid Hotel Arabella.

Before i phone them up, i wondered if anyone had any views on this?

i.e. would i be able to cancel if i wanted to?

should i cancel?

we only booked this one as we wanted a reputable hotel chain so we knew what we could expect.

any help, gratefully received.

thanks

What efect has losing the brand had on the star rating of the hotel?

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

nothing.

but we booked with RUI because they were a reputable chain of hotels. now we are booked with a hotel owned by somebody that has - for some reason - lost the backing of RUI for "contractual reasons"

Well I would cancel holiday as the hotel is no longer supplying wat you booked. Reclaim any monies paid

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

i have been in to the branch where i booked the holiday and they phoned their head office who have told them that if i cancel i will lose the deposit. They say that as the hotel still offers the same facilities and activities, they cannot offer a free cancellation.

they say that i can change to another RUI hotel free of charge.

the bottom line is, i wanted a hotel in this location, with a reputable hotel chain.

i dont want a RUI somewhere else, and i dont want a different hotel in this location. I want what i booked and as that is not available, i should be entitled to a free cancellation shouldnt i?

anyone have any ideas or suggestions??

i have been in to the branch where i booked the holiday and they phoned their head office who have told them that if i cancel i will lose the deposit. They say that as the hotel still offers the same facilities and activities, they cannot offer a free cancellation.

they say that i can change to another RUI hotel free of charge.

the bottom line is, i wanted a hotel in this location, with a reputable hotel chain.

i dont want a RUI somewhere else, and i dont want a different hotel in this location. I want what i booked and as that is not available, i should be entitled to a free cancellation shouldnt i?

anyone have any ideas or suggestions??

It may offer same facilities etc but it is not branded anymore - and therefore you have lost the security of the level of service that this chain gives - bit like saying that persil is now tesco value but it will cost you the same - would you accept that?

I don't know enough to be able to advise you properly but I know zootscoot is very good on contract law so maybe worth tracking her down.

You have every right to cancel your hotel and recieve all monies back as your contract is with the riu hotel not another one! as far as I am aware they are in breach of contract not you. Demand a full refund you are without doubt entitled to it.