speeding summons sent to wrong address

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3390 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A co-worker has been caught by a "safety camera". I only know this because a letter from the court has been sent to my address.

(The letter has his name but my address, and birth date. I opened the letter to find out where it was from as there was no return address.)

We both drive company vehicles so it would appear that our firm has managed to mix his name and vehicle reg. with my address and birth date. (that has got to be the hard way of doing things)

From the paperwork it seems that the offence was committed in June 2011 but as the court had the wrong address my workmate never got any notifications and this week is the first I've had any letters so my question is,

As this happened over 6 months ago is the summons out of time and unenforceable?

(Ignoring the failure of my company to give the correct driver details which I understand is subject to a maximum £1000 fine)

Have you spoke to either Speedy (co-worker) or your company? This should solve the problem.

Work for my local CAB but my views and advice are my own. Try AdviceGuide or Adviceline (08444 111 444) for CAB help ;)

Emailed both. as far as I know the only person in trouble from this is our transport manager for giving the wrong info.

Still wondering if any summons is out of time though. ( not my problem of course, I wasn't speeding )

In England & Wales application for a summons has to be within 6 months of the offence, the actual summons can be later.

The summons may be for failing to furnish rather than speeding and the date for that offence could be several weeks after the speeding offence.