• Tweets

• I can only speak from personal experience. But a similar thing happened to me. Seriously dented door.  I made the other insurance pay. They regarded it as a write off. Took the money, replaced the door. Never heard anything more about it.    Except clearly someone sold my details to claims company, because I got loads of calls in bad English for a few month's 
    • The incident was 03rd March 2024 - and that was the only letter that I have received from MET 15th April 2024 The charge I paid was at the Stansted Airport exit gate (No real relevance now - I thought this charge was for that!!).   Here is the content of email to them (Yes I know I said I was the driver !!!!) as said above -  I thought this charge was for that!! "Stansted Airport" Dear “To whom it may concern” My name is ??  PCN:  ?? Veh Reg: Date of Incident: 03rd March 2024 I have just received a parking charge final reminder letter, dated 10th April 2024 - for an overstay.  This is the first to my knowledge of any overstay. I am aware that I am out of the 28 days, I don’t mean to be rude, this feels like it is a scam My movements on this day in question are, I pulled into what looked like a service station on my way to pick my daughter and family up from Stansted airport. The reason for me pulling into this area was to use a toilet, so I found Starbucks, and when into there, after the above, I then purchased a coffee. After which I then continued with my journey to pick my daughter up. (however after I sent this email I remember that Starbucks was closed so I then I walked over to Macdonalds) There was no signs about parking or any tickets machines to explains about the parking rules. Once at Stansted, I entered and then paid on exit.  So Im not show where I overstayed my welcome.. With gratitude    
    • Just to enlarge on Dave's great rundown of your case under Penalty. In the oft quoted case often seen on PCNs,  viz PE v Beavis while to Judges said there was a case for claiming that £100 was a penalty, this was overruled in this case because PE had a legitimate interest in keeping the car park free for other motorists which outweighed the penalty. Here there is no legitimate interest since the premises were closed. Therefore the charge is a penalty and the case should be thrown out for that reason alone.   The Appeals dept need informing about what and what isn't a valid PCN. Dummies. You should also mention that you were unable to pay by Iphone as there was no internet connection and there was a long  queue to pay on a very busy day . There was no facility for us to pay from the time of our arrival only the time from when we paid at the machine so we felt that was a bit of a scam since we were not parked until we paid. On top of that we had two children to load and unload in the car which should be taken into account since Consideration periods and Grace periods are minimum time. If you weren't the driver and PoFA isn't compliant you are off scot free since only the driver is liable and they are saying it was you. 
    • Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Anyone work for Tesco?? Answer this

Guest ian cognito
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5857 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest ian cognito

While we're talking unfair charges, can anyone tell me why it costs £5.99 to have your shopping delivered from Tesco at the weekend and only £3.99 mid week? I may be being a little naive here, but does petrol costs more at weekends? do deliveries take longer at 3 O'clock on a Sunday afternoon than 6pm on a Wednesday? they couldn't possibly be profiting from the fact that more people WANT their shopping delivered at a weekend could they, or perhaps us working folks are subsidising those who don't work and are at home to receive their shopping on wednesday lunchtime!!!

So Tesco just sent me a £10 voucher to encourage me to return to internet shopping then want £6 of it back to deliver - where's my car keys?, I'm off to Asda!!!!!

its to encourage people to have there home shopping delivered during week days, because there stores are so busy at weekends and they dont like there staff clogging up the aisles with the large home shopping trollies, and also it frees up the staff at weekends for other duties i.e. restoking shelves and standing around in groups chatting.

i wish there was an asda near me, we are surrounded by bloody tescos, and they have just opened a metro at the top of my road, so that should see off all the surviving small shops, thanks tescos, just what we wanted

:mad:LF53

Guest ian cognito

ah but the extra £2 applies to fridays, saturdays and sundays so thats that idea blown out of the water!

Went to Morrisons in the end, much cheaper and a very nice cafe!!!

Think they can charge what they want - it is up to you if you accept it or not - there is choice in it and for me paying £5.99 is worth it as else I would be wasting 2 - 3 hours going around that stupid shop.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Guest ian cognito

yeah with you on that I suppose Gizmo, apart from when you order a turkey and they substitute a bag of chicken legs!

This is why I rejigged my shopping day, when I started buying online, to a Weds afternoon - cos I'm a tight sod lol

Advice & opinions given by pjdudley69 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional. Also visit legal seagulls for more friendly help and advice.

While we're talking unfair charges, can anyone tell me why it costs £5.99 to have your shopping delivered from Tesco at the weekend and only £3.99 mid week/quote]

It's perfectly normal practice for service suppliers to charge lower prices at less busy times. What's unfair about it?

Tim

Hey join my "i hate tesco" thread and have a rant, youknow I realy should turn my thread into a web site!!!!!

God I hate Tesco!!!!!

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full

or go on the moneysavers site and get a tesco code to ensure you don't pay for delivery ;)

Personnally I prefer to see the stuff before I buy especially fruit and veg. Much prefer the other shops tho. We mostly use Morrisons and Aldi, plus a couple of local farm shops/ and the local market :)

Btw I am no expert just give notes based on what I have read on here and other forums/sites, plus my own experiences and investigations.

All ccj's now dropped off file, 2 yrs to go to clear file.

All old debts either settled or made unenforcable.

RBS MPP-Full offer at 8 wks from first complaint

RBS Overdraft loanguard-full offer at 8 wks from complaint

Citicard ppi-with FOS finally paid 8 months after offer through FOS!

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

aqua x2 ppi-partialled settled still pushing for the rest

Black horse ppi-offers made and accepted except for one early loan they say no info held-still pushing for payment

If i were to deliver your shopping on a weekend I would expect Tesco to pay me an increased rate per hour, thats passed on to the customer, ok they cud just avewrage it across the week but I guess there will always be moaners. You want it deliverd before 10 pm thats cost more againits very very difficult to arrabge time slots EVERYONE wants there order first thing!

:)i have been hit by 36 tons of truck and i have had Cancer, I survived both.I will NEVERGIVEUP Barclays look out i want my £ back

Said it before say it again - I hate tesco (even more than Banks!)

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full

While we are on about Tesco & home shopping, am i the only one who is sick of getting run over by the home shoppers in store, the ones who go around collecting the shopping for internet shoppers? I live very close to a really large Tescos extra store, its a nightmare to park, the road out side my house is very busy & then when you get in the store you get 3 or 4 home shopping trollies blocking every isle & the stuff you are trying to get off the shelf.

I have come to the conclusion that Tesco are trying to force us all to internet shop as they don't care even if you compalin.:mad:

• 1 year later...

I realise this forum has been dormant for some time, but I just read the post about staff being paid more on saturdays - you're all 'aving a laff... Tesco's don't pay more to their staff on saturdays... Trust me!

The reason it is more expensive is simple and already been mentioned - more demand for weekend deliveries = more scope to charge for it... Why charge the same amount for a Saturday or Sunday when the service is busy as for a Wednesday mid-morning when there's less demand but where they still have to employ staff??

This is the question you should be asking is:

"Is paying £5/£6 worth the time I spent fighting other shoppers in Tesco + the petrol to drive there and back? Also, is there another time of the week I can get a delivery when it's cheaper but still convenient?"

Well as this one has been re opened, you can have my tuppeth worth.

I now do most of my shopping online at both Tescos and Asda, my preferred delivery is between 10 and 12 on a Tuesday or Wedneday £4 delivery charge but it is worth every single penny.

I spend alot less and I dont have to trawl around the supermarkets looking at everything, brilliant IMHO :-)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

I've used both Tesco and Asda (and Asda are actually due to come in a couple of hours) and have never payed for a delivery. Google "Tesco voucher codes" or "asda voucher codes" and enough sites should come up with free delivery codes (though tesco have been getting a tad funny with how many times a voucher can be used lately)

I prefer Asda as it's generally cheaper, and if they substitute an item you've ordered for a more expensive one, you only pay the price of the original item you ordered. There was one time we ordered smartprice chicken fillets and it wasn't in stock. The substituted chicken was twice the weight we ordered and about 3 times the price but we still only paid the price of the smartprice

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court

I agree, I am now unable to drive and reliant on a disability scooter and live three floors up.

I usually have my shopping delivered on a weekend for convenience every fortnight or so. I may cost £5.99 but it's worth it, it would cost me over £6 to get a taxi there and back and the driver wouldn't carry it all up the stairs either.

You can almost always get an e voucher off the internet to cover the cost of delivery and a bit more, so where is the problem?

Basically free delivery and no hassle, all sounds good to me. As for the original comment about those working subsidising those who don't, well it doesn't merit comment.

Without Tesco and Internet shopping some of us would be up a certain creek, without a certain paddle.

Simon:)

:)IF YOU ARE BORED WITH LITTLE TO DO:)

My Story - Simon -V- The (SH)Abbey - :!:WON / 19 November 2007:!:

SKY TV and the penalty charge - how far will it go?

Me V Its4me and Close Premium Finance:!:WON / 28 November 2007:!:

IF I CAN HELP, I WILL, IF I DO, THEN PLEASE CLICK ON THE SCALES ON THE LEFT

I've just started working for Tesco.com and my impression is that for £5.00 delivery charge you are getting a bargain. No hassle shopping, it comes to your door in a van which costs about £35,000. Somebody gets paid for walking round the store doing your shopping for you, I get paid for delivering it to you and on top of that there are the team leaders and managers who get paid for making sure it all happens. That works out at at least 3 people in the store alone making sure you get your shopping. There is also the customer services staff on the end of the phone if there is a problem and about £60 of fuel a day for each vehicle. Add it all up - there's no way it comes down to a fiver per delivery.

The reason it costs more at weekends - call it time and a half:)

I have worked for Tesco.com for years. The charge was varied across the week because at the very start it was the same charge every day so Monday to Wednesday we had practically no customers, Thurs - Sat we were rushed off our feet. The charge was made cheaper Mon - Thurs to encourage shoppers to change to the quieter days. Eventually Tues & Wed became really busy as it was cheapest. Recently the charges have changed depending on which time slot is used. This was because everyone was wanting early slots. We had 4 vans running to capacity all day, then at night (7pm - 11pm) slots, maybe only 2 vans going out, which meant 2 drivers having to stay & work in store. So again to try and even out the orders they varied the charge. Our store runs 4 vans and we can pick and deliver up to 144 orders every day. The pickers start at 6am and pick for 7.5 hours a day, picking for 6 people at one time. And yes, we do get paid more on a Sunday, but not enough to make up for getting up at 5am!!

Bank of Scotland account 1 - £2,666 WON

Bank of Scotland account 2 - £2,500 on hold

GE Capital charges -£30 won (hey, every little helps!)

Barclays Partner Finance £425 charges - £225 offer accepted.

Finally debt free after 4.5 years, thanks to my Debt Management Plan through Payplan. There is no better feeling :D

Oooohhhhh yer, cheap bread on a Friday night at Asda, you can't beat it! :D

PLEASE DONATE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw

Go on, click me scales (if I have helped) :grin: