Tribunal won - how long until money is received?

feelingsad
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4114 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After a successful DLA Tribunal, how long is it until the back dated money will be paid into an account and payments reinstated?

(DWP unlikely to try to appeal as they were represented and verbally conceeded even before the judgement was made)

I don't know about what's normal but when I received the judicial directions letter before the Tribunal it said the respondant were to attend as well, and the respomdant is the DWP so I knew someone from the DWP would be there. I'm hoping the money arrives soon too, I'm absolutely strapped right now!

interesting they verbally conceded. Makes you wonder what was the point of them making you appeal in the first place.

To save money because not everyone appeals.

My DLA appeal (2 years ago) no one from DWP turned up.

Keep chasing the DWP making sure they have the decision.

Yes I agree, give it a few weeks then phone the DWP.

My wife won her appeal, even got the print out from the tribunal before we left.

Left it 4 weeks, no money so rang them, said they knew nothing about the tribunal outcome.

Got Tribunal Service to fax the letter to DWP, money in the bank 3 days later.

Chase them. We know mistakes happen, but so does ignorance on their part.

Oh poo, a few weeks :roll:. It's only been 10 days so far. I just assumed that as the DWP were actually there, they would know the result and it would be processed pretty quickly. I will try to be patient, hard when you check your bank balance to see what food you can buy this week though!

• 9 months later...

We won ours on 19 November and was told that it would be 6-9 weeks! I sent a copy of the tribunal results by post (recorded) and now in week 7 and have heard nothing.......waiting game it looks like. Will phone them next week to see what is happening :-(

Should have added that we have had no money from them since July........:-(

update....still have received nothing so decided to phone them (i hate to think of what my phone bill will be!!). after 1/2 hour, got through and explained the situation for the 50th time! was told someone would call me back. heard this before so wasnt holding out much hope!

anyway, lo and behold, called back this morning to say that they have no record of the tribunal decision...are they kidding me!! told the nice lady that she had to be joking as its now 7 weeks and i sent off 2 copies myself with a letter! they gave me a fax number and i decided to send 4 in total (from work!) to them. no idea if they have received them (will phone again tomorrow!!) but was told once they were received, it would only be a matter of days (yeah right!).

to top it all, we got another form to fill in from ATOS saying that if we didnt fill it in, our benefits would stop!! seriously are they joking! anyway filled it in and handed in personally (haha cant lose that one can you DWP!!)

short of camping outside Bathgate and picketing.....dont know what else to do!! 6 bl**dy months this has been going on and we have had absolutely no money from them!

will see what tomorrow brings.....i refuse to be broken by these people!

feel better that i've got this off my chest (so to speak) rant over....... :-)

well surprisingly they phoned me back...they now have the fax of the tribunal decision and i will hear next week appartently (they need 4 working days to deal with it??). i should expect a letter next week outlining payments and arrears!

thanks for the advise Ruby, i may well email them to let them know the position!

your welcome, the dwp treated me badly before and after the tribunal, I really had enough lol that email did help though. Hope they sort it for you asap.

Just an update to say HUGE thank you. Sent an email to the address that RUby gave, had a phone call next day and money, IN FULL was paid into the account the next day.

Shocked because i did not expect them to pay it all back but they did till July 2012 and we wont be recviewed for 3 years! We can now start 2013 free from worry and stress.

Thank you all so much for all your help and advice (I also thanked out rep from CAB with a box of chocs) and have made a small donation to you. Sorry it wasnt huge, but can now clear our debts and get back on our feet again.

I could never have done it without all your wonderful help, thank you again,

Sharon xx:smile:

Edited by Shaza40