Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3278 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

At the weekend I popped into a shop to buy a couple of bits and forgot to get a ticket. I was only in there for 5-10 minutes so they must have been watching waiting.On the ticket it says that the charge can be paid in 3 days either online or by phone, however nearly a week on they still don’t recognise the reference number. My girlfriend has also tried to contact them via their website but we've heard nothing back.Do i send a cheque by recorded delivery?Seems a lot of people just recommend ignoring the ticket. Can this be done? A friend of mine has told me before that Private car park companies are reluctant to take people to court as losing would set a precedent.

If this is definitely an NCP ticket and not a Council one, then the best advice you will get is to completely ignore them and DO NOT pay them!

Think about it - what right have they got to issue their own fine for breaking their rules? The answer is none. This is why they won't take you to court. They cannot make you pay. You owe them nothing. You do not have to deal with them, communicate with them in any way, and certainly not give away your money.

Expect 4 or 5 scary letters, then when they realise they aren't getting anywhere, they will give up. Nothing will happen to you.

Have a read around this forum for more about private companies and their tickets.

Does it mention any legislation at the top of the ticket, such as the Road Traffic Act? Is it called a Penalty Charge Notice or something else (but similar)?