NCP Parking Charge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4421 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

At the weekend I popped into a shop to buy a couple of bits and forgot to get a ticket. I was only in there for 5-10 minutes so they must have been watching waiting.On the ticket it says that the charge can be paid in 3 days either online or by phone, however nearly a week on they still don’t recognise the reference number. My girlfriend has also tried to contact them via their website but we've heard nothing back.Do i send a cheque by recorded delivery?Seems a lot of people just recommend ignoring the ticket. Can this be done? A friend of mine has told me before that Private car park companies are reluctant to take people to court as losing would set a precedent.

If this is definitely an NCP ticket and not a Council one, then the best advice you will get is to completely ignore them and DO NOT pay them!

Think about it - what right have they got to issue their own fine for breaking their rules? The answer is none. This is why they won't take you to court. They cannot make you pay. You owe them nothing. You do not have to deal with them, communicate with them in any way, and certainly not give away your money.

Expect 4 or 5 scary letters, then when they realise they aren't getting anywhere, they will give up. Nothing will happen to you.

Have a read around this forum for more about private companies and their tickets.