private parking invoice and I stupidly admitted being the driver - Help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4428 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

then there is even less they could do to you even if they could

telephone conv even record are inadmissable in a court of law

the only tickets you ever have to pay are those that say:

PENALTY CHARGE NOTICE

and ONLY THOSE EXACTY THREE WORDS

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Deceptive

They use the PARKING CHARGE NOTICE in order for it to appear as a PCN.

Had seen the Youtube clip - thanks! I was mithering because I had admitted being a driver over the telephone, but inadmissable or not in court, there were no security checks to determine my identity during the call!

I will update as necessary, but for now I will do nothing more!

Thankyou all, once again.

you are learning

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

And fast may it come! 14 years I have been passed my driving test and never had a sniff of bad luck let alone fine/prosecution for illegal/bad driving or parking!

Have posted pictures of the "P C N" and the parking signs onto my Facebook - not sure if I can link it here yet, but I think the case is about closed!

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture[jpg] file

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint program

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf

than many single ones

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

then hit reply button

dx

and they

The carpark is free - the signage doesn't actually state "Free for x amount of hours" it just states "4 hours maximum stay"

I was there for 4 hours 20 minutes! Although I spent over 20 minutes actually locating and pulling into a parking space - does this count for anything?

Sign says "MAXIMUM STAY" does stay also include the time you take driving around?

So nowhere does it state a charge per hour, waivered for so many hours for customers.

The sign states a £50 charge rising to £75 if not paid within 14 days of the PCN.

There are two issues here. One is (as already been pointed out) contractual law which means that any contract is made between the land owner (or his agents) and the person using the facility (the driver). What normally happens is they approach the RK because they get the info off the DVLA. But the RK is not necesarily the driver and the RK (presumably you) is under no legal obligation what so ever to furnish them with that (or any other) information.

The other issue is the actual charge. Under current law, no private concern can recover a fine or penalty via the civil court process which of course means that as soon as the judge thinks their charge is a fine, he must throw it out. So lets do the maths. The sign states a £50 charge rising to £75 if not paid within 14 days. The question is, what is this 'charge' actually for on a free car park? How do they calculate a 20 minute overstay as being between £50 and £75? Its totally disproportinate and an easy defend in court which is the only place they can take this to attempt to make you pay. What they can claim is 'losses or damages' by you parking there. If the parking is free, what losses can they claim?

Get the picture?

Forget/ignore anything you recieve from them and come back IF you get a officially stamped court claim doc drop through your door. DO NOT CONTACT THEM AGAIN

• Haha 1

I'm new around here but in the last 20 years or so I've had a lot of dealings with [problems],dca's ,banks etc. so here's my story.

A few years ago I had one of these "please can we have some money" notices on a supermarket car park. I filed it in the usual place.

As I was in a company vehicle the begging letters went to the company I worked for. My firm had a policy at the time that if you could give a reasonable excuse for why you were parked where you were they would pay the fine.

My excuse was that this wasn't a parking fine it was a parking charge and as such just ignore.

It took me about 2 months to get it into the heads of my firm that this was not a fine it was what I now know is called a "speculative invoice" . It had reached a point where they were going to take the "fine" and extra charges from my wages. Big mistake if they had.

I think that these car park companies behave the same way the dca's do, sending out numerous letters that look official and give the impression that the situation is getting more and more serious using different letterheads to imply the case is progressing towards court/bailiffs/etc.

Rule No.1 Don't pay it just because they ask you to. (If I wrote you a letter saying you owe me £xxxxxx would you pay me? if the answer to this question is yes, please can I have your name and address)

Edited by honeybee13
Please refrain from trying to circumvent the language filter, which is in place for sound reasons.

You guys are great!

I feel embarrassed that I know so little regarding contractual law and plain silly that I even bothered to contact the company before coming here!

To say I was feeling vulnerable would be an accurate description for my mood yesterday, and that is exactly what these companies do - like so many others - they prey on the vulnerable!

I am "blogging" this on Facebook and hope to inform as many people as I can. My boss/friend recently paid one and was urging me to pay mine! She's going to feel rather embarrassed and angry too!