• Tweets

• Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
    • thank you you mean you got a notice of discontinuance? dx  
    • Thanks for your interest dx100. Didn’t reach a hearing. Although they filed court papers, they withdrew a few days beforehand, and admitted it was statute barred and I have it in writing that they say the matter is now closed. Once again, many thanks for all your help.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Excel/ Vehicle Control Services Wheel Clamp

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4424 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The person i spoke to on the phone today was a civilian, however she was taking advice from an inspector. I have his details for future reference.

I will take all the paperwork i have to a police station and report a crime fro there. If i still get no joy i will go all the way to th Police complaints commission and if necessary the press.

Am i right to report this as extortion or obtaining money with menaces. Theft seems a little weak. Even though they have stole from me it was done with menace.

a speculative invoice is NOT a Debt

you really need to get this chargeback done

phone the bank and DEMAND its done

keep going up the chain till it is

do not take NO for an answer

under chargeback they must refund and investigate AFTERWARDS..

http://whatconsumer.co.uk/visa-debit-chargeback/

as for these clampers

there is another thread on here

its demanding money by ransom or something or with-holding propery or something like that

whatever it is it IS a criminal matter and matters NOT it was on private land

if i put up a notice that says i will hit you on the head on my land and do it - is that right?

no its not

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thier tickets have a po box address for correspondence. Have had to send the letter of action to it. Recorded delivery so will see if they sign for it.

Does it make them any more legal in the way they carry out their business because they have a registered address? I doubt i will hear anything from them now they have extorted money from me. But I will fight this all the way

Thier tickets have a po box address for correspondence. Have had to send the letter of action to it. Recorded delivery so will see if they sign for it.

Companies House record -

Name & Registered Office:

VEHICLE CONTROL SERVICES LIMITED

2 EUROPA COURT

SHEFFIELD BUSINESS PARK

SHEFFIELD

UNITED KINGDOM

S9 1XE

Company No. 02498820

In the fighting of this I think you should involve the Land Owner they were acting as agents for.

I am not sure where you go as you say it is the Church property - intentions of withdrawing your custom would probably be less of a threat to them than a supermarket!

Have already spoke to the person who is the one that deals with this.

The church warden!

An extremely arrogant individual and to a certain degree threatening.

He wouldnt give me any of his details however he should also have had a letter of intent on his doorstep this morning.

I cant threaten to withdraw any services from him, just told him i held him jointly liable and would sue him as well.

Utter cobblers, it's not an authorised transaction at all if you were forced to pay under duress. This is standard procedure from them to refuse to issue the chargeback..

I'm no friend of the clampers, but I wonder if this is a line of attack which will benefit the interests of consumers. Credit cards are a vital last-resort option in a crisis, typically because something has gone wrong and a large payment is immediately needed.

Maybe your central heating blows up in February, and you have to pay for a new boiler. Maybe you missed a flight and you have to book onto the next available plane. Maybe a loved one is injured abroad and their travel insurer is quibbling about repatriation, so you bypass that debate by arranging it yourself. I had a car written off a few years ago, while a terminally-ill family member was in need of daily care & support - I didn't have the time or energy to mess about with insurers and hire cars, so I walked into a main dealer and drove a £8,000 used car away 40 minutes later after payment by card.

In all these cases the customer might feel that the liability more properly rests with someone else, and they are being 'forced' to use a credit card because the other party has failed to meet their duties. Nonetheless, and speaking only for myself, it would be a bad thing if such payments could be easily reversed.

If I decide it is necessary to make a large emergency payment, then my credit card is the obvious way to do that. I don't want the call-centre to refuse the transaction on the grounds that I might try to cancel it later. And I don't want the supplier to refuse a card and demand cash, because they've had card payments reversed so they don't trust that method any more.

"Under duress" in it's proper meaning applies to immediate threats of unlawful harm, and is inherently criminal. We should not broaden it to apply to any payment which the customer resents having to make.

Good luck to stu997, this general comment isn't intended to say anything about his particular case and I hope he gets a chunk of money back one way or another.

The church surely has a sign outside naming their brand of bible thumping.

Once you have the name, its likely there will be a diocese with administrative staff who should be more approachable than the warden.

Ok, Have been down to the Police Station and had a long conversation with CID and Duty police SGT.

Because Vehicle Control Services "believe" they have a right to seize my property for the purpose of paying overdue monies owed to them, then this situation cannot be deemed as theft in any form. Therefore no "criminal offence" has been committed.

However, by seizing my vehicle, and threatening to remove it unless I paid up, is in breach of Civil Law. There are a number of breaches in respect of this.

1, They have not been to a County Court and takien action against me to ratify this as a debt. I don't by law owe them money until they have done so.

2, As has been quite rightly said, they do not have the authority to seize my property, in order to retrieve money they believe I owe to them. My car was clamped, I should have had to pay £100 release fee for that offence on its own. Court appointed Bailiffs have this right only!

3, Thy refused to give me a receipt.

4, No identification was on display by the clamper.

5, No information on my right of appeal was given.

6, On one particular PCN, I have not been given a 14 day statutory right of appeal. I was forced to pay 2 days later duing the clamping incident.

What was explained to me was the jurisdiction of the different Law Enforcement Agencies. These range from the Police, to Immigration, Customs and Excise and Trading Standards, For this particular incident, Trading Standards are the agency that have to investigate it, and bring charges against Vehicle Control Services should they deem they have committed one or more offences. If during their investigation, Trading Standards find that VCS have committed an offence under Criminal law (ie violence) they then they pass that on to the Police for their investigation.

I have already opened a case with Trading Standards, so I will have to ring them back and give a more comprehensive statement in regard to everything that has happened. VCS are also in breach of BPA regulations, of whom thay are members of. I will make a complaint to these, but do not expect to get anywhere with this, seeing as they run the show.

I have sent Letters of Intent to both VCS and the Landowner. I do not expect to hear back off these at this present time.

I will get back in touch with my bank and demand a chargeback explaining that the payment and incident is under investigation by Trading Standards.

Anything else I am missing????

"Under duress" in it's proper meaning applies to immediate threats of unlawful harm, and is inherently criminal. We should not broaden it to apply to any payment which the customer resents having to make.

I understand this fully Anus and an extremely good post!

I do resent having to make this payment, because of the circumstance surrounding it. If I had been charged £100 release fee, then fair enough, that would have been the end of the story.

But!

They have forced me to pay "alleged debts" to which I am disputing. I do not expect my bank to chargeback and give me the money straight away. I expect them to hold it until such time the incident has been investigated and the outcome established. If it is found I dont have a case then fair enough, I have exhausted my options and will have to bite the bullet on this one. But in the same breath, why should these companies have my money, gaining interest on it whilst they are under investigation under breaches of civil law?

Because Vehicle Control Services "believe" they have a right to seize my property for the purpose of paying overdue monies owed to them, then this situation cannot be deemed as theft in any form. Therefore no "criminal offence" has been committed.

As a side issue to Stu's case, if it can be shown that VCS had previously lost a case on this point they can no longer "believe" they have the right.

Not having Appealed any such case decision to a higher Court implies both VCS's knowledge and acceptance of the point.

If someone can tell of such a case the matter should be taken back to the Police to demonstrate their reason that "this situation cannot be deemed as theft in any form" has evaporated - in fact didn't even exist at the time.

Anyone?

Keep at it Stu.

A good valid point Tony.

Will try and trawl through google and see if I can find anything.

Anyone else that has 5 minutes to look into it, your help will be appreciated.

I intend to go as far as I can, and exhaust all measures to bring these bullies to task. All your help and input into assisting me is really helpful.

If I succeed, then a very valuable precedent will be set!

I know I seem to be going on a bit here but its only what i think is relevant and could be used against VCS.

Just had a look at the 3 PCN's again. They have all been issued by the same patrol officer and is confirmed by their id number :- 736

The clamping ticket has writing which is identical to the PCN's yet the patrol officers id number is different :-0172.

It is 100% the same writing, so can anyone shed light on this?

just confirms even more how much of a suspect business it is

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The police are saying there is no offence regarding "believing" they did no wrong - its based on most crimes having two components - "mens rea" and "actus reus" - basically "guilty mind" and "guilty act".

The most recent high profile case was when Richard Madley was accused of shop lifting a bottle of champagne he left in the trolley rather than lifting it to be scanned at the check out.

In court Madley was found not guilty, pretty much based on it being an "oversight as someone with so much wealth would never intend to steal so little" - so no mens rea - so no offence.

Kinda smacks of "rich people can't steal" though!

Just had a check on Vosa for Goods Vehicle Operators license held under the names of Vehicl Control Services and Simon Renshaw Smith which comes back with no results.

Also tried Excel parking services ltd and postcodes of registered offices for both companies and again no results.

They would need an operators license to use a tow truck. Seeing as they dont have one that i could find, there is the possibilty they dont actually have a tow truck for removing vehicles.

Again, another threat without substance for intimidation purposes??

My bank totally refuse to do a chargeback on the amount robbed from me. They don' t want to look past "it's an authorised payment by a guarunteed form of payment"

Have been in touch with the Financial Ombudsman , at least they are taking this seriously and have issued a letter of complaint to Natwest.

Trading Standards have advised me to write to VCS and copy it to the Landowner, after the 14 days notice of action I have already given them, outlining exactly what they have done wrong in obtaining this money off me. Will do a draft and post it up for anyone to proof read and help me get this letter absolutely spot on.

Do all debt collection agencies have to be licensed? If this is the case ( which my research shows it is) then how can a clamping company enforce payment of an alleged debt when they are not licensed to do so?

Trying to find the exact law or guidelines in regard to this if anyone knows!

I am also trying to find the act or guidelines that refer to debt collection. Have been reading through some OFT guidelines but am unsure if they apply to clampers.

Edited by stu997

Without a court warrant nobody can seize goods in lieu of an alleged debt, licensed or not. This company have acted illegally and the police should act on it, and not just dismiss it as a "civil matter".

Thanks Dbc.

I am compiling a very conclusive statement in regard to the whole incident, everthing i feel aggrieved for and the laws or guidelines i believe VCS have contavened. It is my intention to submit it to the police, along with a formal complaint in respect of their refusal to act to my request.

I have read through the OFT guidelines on Debt Collection of consumer credit debts and i am not sure whether this situation is bound by them guidelines.

What is apparent is that debt collection agencies have to be licensed. I would say that as VCS are not licensed as a debt collection agency then they cannot construe the money they allege i owe them as a debt.

This could possibly add to my claim of extortion or obtaining money with menaces.

OFT guidelines and the question of licensing are irrelevant.The law of the land states that one private citizen cannot seize goods from another citizen because of an alleged debt without going through the correct legal procedures.