DMP a form of credit?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4403 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there.

In short the answer is no. A DMP is a process which allows your existing creditors to be paid via affordable payments. You're not borrowing any more money.

Hope this helps!

Hi

Ive had a look around the internet but cant seem to get a straight answer for this question:

Is a debt management classed as a form of credit?

Many thanks

Not absolutely sure I understand the question. DMPs dont lend you money, therefore how could it be credit ?

You give them money and they arrange to pay your creditors for you !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You're not borrowing any more money, but you will pay out a lot more if you use one of these private companies to set up the dmp for you. If you are thinking of going down this route robnfc, then contact CCCS first as they are a charity and don't charge, all that you pay goes to pay off your creditors, not just a percentage.

So can PPI be sold on non credit products

As PPI stands for 'Payment Protection Insurance' then no it can't unless you are making regular payments to something and want protection in case you can no longer meet those payments. You can usually find a policy to cover just about anything if you are willing to pay the right premium maybe even your council tax or water bill.

Edited by Conniff

You're not borrowing any more money, but you will pay out a lot more if you use one of these private companies to set up the dmp for you. If you are thinking of going down this route robnfc, then contact CCCS first as they are a charity and don't charge, all that you pay goes to pay off your creditors, not just a percentage.

As PPI stands for 'Payment Protection Insurance' then no it can't unless you are making regular payments to something and want protection in case you can no longer meet those payments. You can usually find a policy to cover just about anything if you are willing to pay the right premium.

Ok so if I was to try and reclaim the money, it would just be a straight forward PPI reclaim?

Well I signed up about 7 years ago, but I don't remember what the forms said or whether I agreed to PPI but I certainly didn't need or want it, like I say I didn't actually realise I was paying it until I got my final statement confirming all the account were cleared. I phoned them and they just blank refused to even discuss it saying that you were aware of the terms.

You could always send a Subject Access Request to GP - they should provide all the information regarding your dealings with them.

There is a SAR draft letter in the CAG library and the request will cost you £10.00 and GP will have 40 days to comply.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D