ParkingEye Parking Fine- Can they invoice/fine me for buying a ticket after 1 hour of entering a park & display car park

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3341 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I parked my car in a private car park but I didnt buy a ticket from the machine that request you to enter the Car Reg. I waited in my car until my brother turned up but before I left the car park, noticed there is a camera that appears to scan car number plates so what I did was, entered my Car Reg and bought a ticket for 4 hours. I bought the ticket about a hour after i entered the car park and about 5 minutes before I left. I only stayed at the car park for less then 2 hours.

I know i can ignore their invoive but I would like to know can they say that I am in breach of contract if i have paid for the time i stayed in the car park before leaving. No one has reported this situation before and wondering what are eveyone's thoughts are or has anyone ever done this before. If this work, we may have found a loophole where you may be able to go back and buy a ticket for your stay LOL

I do not want to respond to them saying I wasnt the driver, I want to respond saying I am not in breach of contract and they should only contact me with evidence that I am. Any advice is welcome.

Thank you.

Edited by i2008

I think that if you have paid for a length of time which is greater than the time you stayed there then you are fine.

However read up about Parking Eye and the others and the status of their charges.

Read up on the CAGMag about parking charges as well

They have suffered no financial loss as a result of you parking there. They have no case. Ignore all the letters until they eventually go away, no matter how threatening they sound.

Thanks.

Quick update. So far nothing from them. Those of you in the similar position, if i dont update again, then that mean i have not had anything from the company requesting to pay for a parking invoice.