Need urgent help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4417 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I am in need of some help. Basically I signed up for some Christmas work with Royal Mail (or should I say Angard, as they deal with the seasonal work). When I received my first 2 payslips, i noticed the account details were wrong. I rang and emailed them immediately to make them aware of this matter - they said they would sort it out. The next couple of payslips I received still had the same incorrect details. So for all the 4 weeks that I worked there I had not received any money whatsoever. At that time the Angard company was experiencing quite afew payroll problems with their employees, as they there was a bunch of people that werent getting any money. So the company decided to hand out a voucher of £350 to everyone (whether they were being underpaid or not). Then in January I received the remaining amount that i was owed...

However, a week later they sent me an "individual payroll statement", which stated that i owed them "£943.11" - which was the actual total I worked for. I wrote to them again and they rang back saying they are investigating the matter. After this I did several shifts for the company, thinking that the matter was sorted. when i checked my bank statement, they were only paying me 1p every week. when i rang them up again, they said you've got an outstanding balance on your account - thats why we aint paying you. I tried explaining everything to them but they were having none of it. I said if this doesnt get sorted, then il be taking things further. their response was - "do you want". So now im in abit of a pickle - i really dont know what t do. They aint paying me the money which i am rightly owed. Please can anyone help me :/

So I take it that there is no question of overpayment to you and you have paperwork which can prove everything.

Are you still working there and if so do you want to keep your job?

If the first =yes

and the second = no

Then sue them for the money.

They are in breach of contract.

I would hurry up about it in case they are in trouble.

Send them a 7 day LBA giving them a clear explanation of the situation and tell them at the expiry of the time, you will sue. Don't bluff - do it.

Hi Anne

What a nightmare.....

Couple of questions;

Did you clock/sign in and out at the start and end of you shift?

Was there a rota giving details of the days/hours you were required to work

Was there a contract or some other written details which stated your hourly rate of pay

Were the wages paid weekly or monthly

What date/day were the wages due to be paid

Does your payslip show deductions for tax and NI and a tax code

Are you paid by the agency or the actual employer

Once you have the answers to these questions you will be able to reconstruct the amount due and use your bank statements to show that no monies were received

Gbarbm

REPLY TO BF :

Basically my contract ended in Decemeber, as I was only there for Christmas. But after that they've had shifts going and they either used to text/ring up saying if you wer available or not, or i used to ring in. and because its been hard for me to find some work - ive been going, thinking they would pay me. But obviously they havent. Ive gotten myself in a right mess havent i :/

REPLY TO Gbarbm:

In reponse to your questions in order,

Yes

No

Yes

Erm they were meant to be paid weekly, but they never did.

Fridays

Yes

Erm well Angard (company that pays me) is the recruitment partner for the Royal Mail Group.

I do have a bank statement from the bank showing that no money was paid into my account from the Angard company, till 9th the January when they paid me the remaining amount i worked for during the christmas period.

Thank you.

I wouldn't hang around. Threaten them and sue them as I suggested and look around for another job.

Also you should alert the post Office to what is going on

Hi

So as the recruitment company is paying you write to them informing them that you have documentary evidence that you received no wages on the following dates (then list the applicable dates)

Explain that your payslip shows an incorrect bank account number and you brought this to their attention (if you have an e mail or letter advising them of this enclose a copy OC it)

Then tell them that they failed to make proper and timely use of the information with which you supplied them (ie the correct account number) and as a result no wages were paid to you

Then tell them (this is the important bit!) they would have received a BACS rejection slip on EVERY occasion they used the wrong account number. A BACS (bank automated clearing system) rejection slip is sent from the company bank account via the receipients bank advising that it cannot match the account number.

Then tell them that as it is always your wish to settle matters amicably, you want the net pay due to you from DATE to DATE paid to you either by BACS to the correct account number or a cheque by DATE (say in 10 days time)

Send the letter by recorded delivery (signed for) to the payroll manager of the recruitment company

Gbarbm

Reply to BF - what do you mean by alerting the post office? I dont understand :S

Reply to Gbarbm - errm ok, im not really good at writing letter, so any suggestions on how to start it off?

Thanks for your help guys - much appreciated! :)

Address to:

Payroll Manager

Angard Company

Angard address

Dear Sir's,

My Name is ............I was a temporary employee of your company from (date) to (date) or (currently), I write to inform you that further to my earlier contact with your company, Where i made a complaint regarding my incorrect stated bank details on my payslip's dated from and to, Thus causing no reciept of monies due for payment of wages from date to date, I was led to believe, that his was a clerical error on behalf of your company, and that it was to be rectified. I acknowledge reciept of your £350 Voucher and monies of £??? paid by (?) on date ........., However, following this, The payroll team have now made another clerical error, as from (date) to (date) the wages paid to me have only been 1P, The reason given for this is that your payroll department alleges an overpayment of £943.11, i conclude that this payment is the actual payment in which i was owed, but yet to recieve in full.

Please see enclosed proofs:

1) Wage Slips from start date to current (with incorrect bank details)

2) Copy of my Employment contract (Showing rate of hourly pay)

3) Copy of bank statement from Date to current (black out any information that is personal, just leave payments made)

I know formally request that this matter is dealt with as a mater of urgency, failure to do so within 10 days from the date of this matter will leave me with no alternative but to issue immediate court accion within the small claims court

Regards

Your \Name

No probs, it only took 2 mins lol, think anne21 could throw in a little more with possible tribunal also, but at this stage, i think if i was her i would wait the 10 days lba to finish then follow up with contact tribunal.

PS ANNE21, send all documents recorded delivery

Thanks alot Ims & Gbarbm - I was proper stressing out before, but I feel so much better now... I just hope it all gets sorted before it gets to the court part -dont think I could really deal with that. I will amend, print and send the letter & evidence off tomorrow - special delivery ofcourse! :)

I will let you know how I get on - wish me luck guys (im acting like im going for an interview lol).

Kindest regards

Anne

Hi

Just a suggestion as this company are working on behalf of Royal Mail I would CC your letter to Angard to Royal Mail Head Office as this will also alert Royal Mail to this companies actions with its employees pay.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thanks for all your help/advice & support everyone - I have sent a copy of the letter to both the companies and I have got it signed for :) We shall wait and see what happens now...x