style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3386 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I am looking for some advice and guidance about a forthcoming employment tribunal I have for unfair dismissal.

The case is simple, I was made redundant in November after being switched departments to facilitate the redundancy along with very strict timeline to pass my knowledge on to colleagues to mitigate risk.

Less than 1 month after my last day of work I noticed that my position was being advertised on various employment websites.

So I have sent the ET1 form off and received a hearing date for June.

The process dictates that I need to send a letter detailing exactly what compensation I am looking for.

Initially I thought the compensation was for up to 3 months wages, but I have since learnt it goes from the last date of employment to the date of the tribunal. But it will need to have some calculations completed to remove any wages I have received in the new job I started 1 week after being made redundant.

I have completed these calculations but I am looking to see if anyone has a template letter that I am able to use as this letter will need to be sent to my previous employers. I believe I have an excellent chance of winning the tribunal even to the point that the company may consider a compromise agreement prior to the actual hearing.

Any further advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Hello all,

I am looking for some advice and guidance about a forthcoming employment tribunal I have for unfair dismissal.

The case is simple, I was made redundant in November after being switched departments to facilitate the redundancy along with very strict timeline to pass my knowledge on to colleagues to mitigate risk.

Less than 1 month after my last day of work I noticed that my position was being advertised on various employment websites.

So I have sent the ET1 form off and received a hearing date for June.

The process dictates that I need to send a letter detailing exactly what compensation I am looking for.

Initially I thought the compensation was for up to 3 months wages, but I have since learnt it goes from the last date of employment to the date of the tribunal. But it will need to have some calculations completed to remove any wages I have received in the new job I started 1 week after being made redundant.

I have completed these calculations but I am looking to see if anyone has a template letter that I am able to use as this letter will need to be sent to my previous employers. I believe I have an excellent chance of winning the tribunal even to the point that the company may consider a compromise agreement prior to the actual hearing.

Any further advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

I found this link on a previous post on this forum. The link below takes you to a page and at the bottom there is another link named "schedule of loss" - click on that for an example.

http://etclaims.co.uk/2008/04/push-your-luck/

In your position I would use Google to verify what can be claimed in an unfair dismissal case. It is common practice to make your claim as high as possible and bargain down. Salary related amounts should be "grossed up" meaning that they should not include deductions for tax and national insurance.