style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4403 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was called today by my manager and told not to return to work pending a meeting with occupational health that he has just requested. Nothing received in writing.

I have been in the role for 8 months. During my employment, there has been a series of health incidents and I have had way more time off and medical appointments than ever before in a role (or my life!).

Essentially:

1) 1/2 day hospital appointment

2) two days off for a diagnostic operation under general anaesthetic

3) two weeks after this - diagnosed with DVT, one day off, week or so of daily hospital appointments that involved my getting in late, but time made up, and some working from home during this period. Treatment for DVT is now complete - confirmed at the weekend.

4) Last week - five days off - migraine. I have had no previous history of this aside from one migraine about 17 years ago. Saw my GP twice during the week, and he has referred me for a brain scan, I think as a precaution because of DVT and susceptibility to head injuries on Warfarin. Provided a fit note from GP, although didn't strictly need one until Monday, Migraine resolved itself Friday/Saturday.

5) Sunday - Admitted to hospital for heavy bleeding, related to the warfarin, which has now been stopped, discharged Monday (yesterday), felt OK to go in for a half day Tuesday & full time from Wednesday.

My contract is v. brief, and handbook of policies about 4 sides of A4. Suspension not covered, sick pay entitlement 1 month in first year.

My initial reaction is to request confirmation that i have been suspended in writing

does anyone have any other advice?

Could it be, as the meeting is with Occupational Health, that the company is wanting to make sure the OP is fit to be back at work, if any adjustments need to be considered to make the work place safe especially considering the issues over the weekend with bleeding and being on warfarin.

Feebee_71

thanks Feebee & Papasmurf

this is all being done 'allegedly' in the best interests of my health - and 'continuity' for the org in terms of cover. I'm just concerned something more sinister and not quite so altruistic.

Everything at this org v. informal - one of the areas I was taken on to address. I was actually told directly at interview that they didn't want to employ someone that was going to go off on maternity leave!!! They aren't too keen on addressing irregularities, such as potential fraud, that I have identified. Maybe I'm too much of a conspiracy theorist.

Things have lurched v quickly from questioning my GPs precautionary measure of a scan, demanding I go into work for a meeting while signed off, and phoning me when I was in hospital requesting I set up someone on line and train them over the phone(!!!) to the current 'do not enter the building' and instructing my staff not to call me.

I just realised that I forgot to mention in the initial post that on being discharged, I was told by the Doctor on the ward that it was fine for me to return to work whenever I felt ready. My manager stated this was not a proper assessment.

Hospital confirmed I can stop taking warfarin, so last dose was Sunday. I realise that it will take a while to get out of my system, but my blood levels are now the same as someone not on warfarin.

My later thoughts since posting is not to raise the issue of suspension directly, since it hasn't been named as that by the organisation, but simply for written confirmation that I have been instructed to stay away from work pending the OH meeting. despite being advised by the discharging Doctor that it was fine for me to return to work.

Hi Lia

Agree with your last post to just write and ask for written confirmation that you have been instructed to stay away from work pending an OH meeting "on full pay".

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

thanks Stu

duur - talk abt missing the obvious, it hadn't even occurred to me that I may not being paid! - I've included that point in my request for written confirmation.

Lia