Me and My debts and mental health issues **£28k Written off thanks to CAG**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1772 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Great you have proof of your breakdown (not great that you had it, of course!). IThere are many ways to tackle this and I stand by my previous advice. Armed with your proof of breakdown I'd make an appointment with the bank and meet face-to-face to discuss. this is how I kicked off my mis-sold ppi claim and they staff were brilliant. Sometimes the personal approach works better/faster than immediately going on the offensive with template lettters.

:lol:

Successfully claimed back mis-sold PPI (Barclays Bank) 2009-10 (£8500)

Ran a paid-for DMP. Deeply respect those who self-manage a DMP; it is possible to do with the help of fellow CAGGERS

Offered F&F to all my creditors. All closed out including a particularly intransigent and stubborn one - who eventually saw sense after 10 months of nonsense!

Does not condone debt avoidance but violently disagrees with the antics of debt collectors and their behavior towards the ones trying to pay. I am a great believer in what goes around, comes around. Keep up the good fight!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the advice, much appreciated. The branch has closed that i opened the account with. I would like to talk to lloyds on the phone but who deals with closed bank accounts using a dept collecter apex to collect ?

Im not afraid to tell them what happened to me but i doubt lloyds will be interested.

I dont know why but my gut instinct or its a valium high that lloyds closed the account and its been written off and apex collect on behalf to line the wallets.

Anyone know if lloyds write off closed accounts for 10k overdrafts or less ....... hmm definately a valium high

Any branch oif Lloyds will be able to help I would say; at least initially...

Ran a paid-for DMP. Deeply respect those who self-manage a DMP; it is possible to do with the help of fellow CAGGERS

Offered F&F to all my creditors. All closed out including a particularly intransigent and stubborn one - who eventually saw sense after 10 months of nonsense!

Does not condone debt avoidance but violently disagrees with the antics of debt collectors and their behavior towards the ones trying to pay. I am a great believer in what goes around, comes around. Keep up the good fight!

DX is right SAR to Lloyds they then have to send all the data

on all the accounts you have with them.

Fee is £10 Lloyds have 40 days to comply, use the

template from the CAG library, address the letter

to the Data Controller.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

and sorry for the 'interruptions'

we had to let it run otherwise the opposition gets spooked .

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

dx, if i knew what you were talking about...?

we had some disrutive people on the thread before

now gone.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ok cool. i recall something now - ignored by me.

Well took the plunge and spoke to lloyds. They are sending me statements and agreements free of charge regarding the lloyds tsb overdraft of a shocking 10 thousand pounds. They were sympathetic regarding my mental health/breakdown but that was where it ends.

I asked how a single mum managed to obtain a 10 thousand pound overdraft and they seemed reluctant to say but said i must have been credit worthy.

Now folks regarding the overdraft applications is there an agreement ? I will post when i get the package. Just in the interim how responsible was it of them to allow this ?

Apex collect and lloyds have not wriiten off as i dreamed

Lloyds also stated there are large numbers of charges but i can not reclaim them as its a bank account.

Thank you brigadier. I wait to see what i get as he said alot of information pre 2008 is not there. What if they do not send me this or do not have it ? I feel stressed today after reliving to them the abusive relationship and mental breakdowns. Is there a responsible lending code that could of prevented this being so costly to me ?

I'm not sure on that, but the banks statement that you must

have been credit worthy has some merit I think.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

:sad: I woke this morning to 5 white packages of statements from lloyds. It contains no paperwork for the increase in overdrafts but the statements show it was several inrceases in a short space of time at 500 pounds. One week shows 5 increases. Ive spent the day crying as when i looked at the statements it shows he gambled the lot with some site ! Nothing i can do but pay for the next 11 years. How the fricken hell did i get so vulnerable to that shower of ****e.

Well i promised to look at one debt at a time and the experience has been dreadful but the truth was always going to hurt.

I guess i can only look now at the credit card debts and reclaim all the charges. I can not claim anything from lloyds but jesus how do they let a single disabled mum earning crap get to 10 thousand overdrawn when it clearly shows gambling sites.

Who should i look at next and can i take more truth.

MBNA credit card was sold to expertio, who do i send a sar to ?

Edited by jellycubes

my thoughts are you need to write to the CEO of lloyds and all the other creditors

with the gambling story.

others have been paged to help.

dx

and they

:sad: I woke this morning to 5 white packages of statements from lloyds. It contains no paperwork for the increase in overdrafts but the statements show it was several inrceases in a short space of time at 500 pounds. One week shows 5 increases. Ive spent the day crying as when i looked at the statements it shows he gambled the lot with some site ! Nothing i can do but pay for the next 11 years. How the fricken hell did i get so vulnerable to that shower of ****e.

Well i promised to look at one debt at a time and the experience has been dreadful but the truth was always going to hurt.

I guess i can only look now at the credit card debts and reclaim all the charges. I can not claim anything from lloyds but jesus how do they let a single disabled mum earning crap get to 10 thousand overdrawn when it clearly shows gambling sites.

Who should i look at next and can i take more truth.

MBNA credit card was sold to expertio, who do i send a sar to ?

MBNA always the OC.

dx

and they

Yes i will. Got to tell them what happened to me and why. Ive looked online and it says the ceo is [email protected] can anyone tell me if thats true before i write what really is a dreadful state of affairs. Thank you DX for the quick responce, my anxiety eased slightly. Where would i be without this site

now e know the full picture and story

and i've alerted this thread

i'd be inclined to await a wee bit of input.

you've got till monday anyhow.

lets see.

cant see why this cannot all be resolved.

i'm sure we've had simular issues before here i'll have a trawl.

just to be clear on one aspect, as the gambling aspect really throws all the past advice out the window.

These debts ARE all joint accounts with YOUR name on the agreement/account?

dx

and they

Hi Jelly Cubes,

DX has asked me to look at your thread, just had a quick read

through and I can see exactly what DX is getting at disappearing

payments etc., imo some formal complaints are needed and a SAR

to Lloyds for a start.!!!

If you wish I can during the week draft some letters for you, then

you can add the relevant details.

Brig.

Thank you brigadier yes if you could draft that would be good. Ive put an email together for the ceo of lloyds. I requested all info from lloyds and got 5 white envelopes of statements etc but they also said they would send any agreements re overdraft but they had nothing.

Thank you all for the help and support, it makes a huge difference

No problem, if there is anything that you

want mentioned in the lettter that is

not for the nopen forum just PM me.

I am in court in the morning so will

put the letter together in the afternoon.

Just heard I will not be free until 1630 so will do the letter then.

Hi JC.

Letter of Formal Complain To CEO Lloyds.

Ref: Account No.xxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Sir,

I write regarding the above mentioned account and what I consider to

be the very poor handling of the account given my state of health and

the quite oobvious misuse of this by a third party who was intimidating

and abusing me to supply money for gambling and the use of gambling

sites is plian to see from the statements.

I now being able and wanting to sort my life after serious mental illness

find from advice received that Lloyds have acted with out due care and

consideration of my mental state and vulnerability.

I now find it very hard to reconcile the fact that Lloyds have agreed a £10,000.00

overdarft to a single mother with on dependant child and income of jus £10,000.00

gross, and in a serious state of mental health.

This has come as a great shock to me that I have become heavily in debt due to

what can only be described as irresponsible lending by Lloyds.

I believe that Lloyds should give serious consideration to the viability of this

outstanding debt and if they should be pursuing this in view of the circumstances.

I have been advised that a Isould refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service

if necessary.

I woul appreciate a prompt reply to this matter.

JC edit/delete add as you want if you want me to check it

when done you can pm me the unexpurgated version.

Brig.

Thank you Brig. Ive used your draft and included some personal details re mental health and vulnerability and sent it via email to the ceo of lloyds. As soon as i hear back i will update.

Once again the support on here is amazing and im so grateful

Thank you Brig. Ive used your draft and included some personal details re mental health and vulnerability and sent it via email to the ceo of lloyds. As soon as i hear back i will update.

Once again the support on here is amazing and im so grateful

That's what we are here for!!!!! Thank you

• 4 months later...

Hi, sorry its been months but mental health has been poor.

i did get a letter back from lloyds telling me it was too late to do anything about the fraud.

That as my account was ticking over, the 10 grand overdraft was viable and yes they could see it went on gambling sites etc.

In other words keep paying... story of my life !

yes it got me down and i felt crap particuarly as id gone into detail about this abusive man.

Ive paid off over 11 thousand pounds so far with 23 thousand to go... hand me a valium lol

ive been up all night putting together 3 cca requests....

yes its taken me that long.

1. to barclays for an old goldfish card.

1. lloyds for a credit card 2001

1.for expertio mbna.

Ive no idea what will come of it but im being cash cowed and ive had enough !

Will you guys help me when i get responces as i dont know what one looks like ! Im still with payplan

but cut payments from 300 a month to 200 as i was starving.

jellycubes