• Tweets

• Better version attached with the late appeal explained more clearly for the judge. This will sound silly, but I think it would be a good idea to e-mail it to the court and UKPC on Sunday.  It's probably me being daft, but Sunday is still March, and as it's late, sending it in March rather than April will make it sound like it was less late than it really is.  if you get my drift. You can still pop in a paper version on Tuesday if you want. E-mail address for the court: [email protected] And for UKPC: [email protected]   [email protected] Defendant WS.pdf
    • Update 15th March the eviction notice period expired, and I paid my next month rent along with sending them the message discussed above. After a short while they just emailed me back this dry phrase "Thank you for your email." In two weeks' time I'm gonna need to pay the rent again, and I have such a feeling that shortly after that date the contracts will be exchanged and all the payments will be made.  Now my main concern is, if possible, not to end up paying rent after I move out.  
    • they cant 'take away' anything, what ever makes you believe that?  dx  
    • The text on the N1SDT Claim Form 1.The claim is for breaching the terms and conditions set on private land. 2. The defendant's vehicle, NumberPlate, was identified in the Leeds Bradford Airport Roadways on the 28/07/2023 in breach of the advertised terms and conditions; namely Stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited 3.At all material times the Defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver. 4. The terms and conditions upon  entering private land were clearly displayed at the entrance and in prominent locations 5. The sign was the offer and the act of entering private land was the acceptance of the offer hereby entering into a contract by conduct. 6.The signs specifically detail the terms and conditions and the consequences of failure to comply,  namely a parking charge notice will be issued, and the Defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability. 7.The claimant seeks the recovery of the parking charge notice, contractual costs and interest.   This is what I am thinking of for the wording of my defence The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and are generic in nature which fails to comply with CPR 16.4. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 1. Paragraph 1 is denied. It is denied that the Defendant ever entered into a contract to breach any terms and conditions of the stated private land. 2. Paragraph 2 and 4 are denied. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was only contracted to provide car park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. 3. It is admitted that Defendant is the recorded keeper of the vehicle. 4.  Paragraph 6 is denied the claimant has yet to evidence that their contract with the landowner supersedes  Leeds Bradford airport byelaws. Further it is denied that the Claimant’s signage is capable of creating a legally binding contract. 5. Paragraph 7 is denied, there are no contractual costs and interest cannot be accrued on a speculative charge.   I'm not sure whether point 4 is correct as I think this side road is not covered by byelaws? Any other suggestions/corrections would be appreciated.
    • Dear EVRi parcelnet LTD t/a evri   evri parcelnet isnt a thing also you say defendant's response which is a bit of a weird format.   Something like   Dear EVRi, Claim no xxxx In your defence you said you could not access tracking. Please see attached receipt and label Regards
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Me and My debts and mental health issues **£28k Written off thanks to CAG**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2686 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, thank you for the replies. I ve spent some time thinking about that dmp payment and the suggestion of a reasonable xmas than the one my boys facing and ive decided a token payment for all this month. Ive paid every month for years and never have anything left to save. That 300 will sort much needed food shop some gifts and a turkey instead of a sparrow lol.

Now my debts, i think i ll start one at a time, as i think its best for my mental health.

MBNA credit card taken out in 2004 - dont remeber applying and think it just arrived through the letter box. £10,000 paid 3k back around 7k left. MBNA passed to credito expertio in 2010. When i first had repayment problems mbna sent me an offer to settle for 3600 but i didnt have thrupence to my name at the time.

They get 98 pounds per month via dmp from my 300 dmp monthly payment. 7 years to go :sad:

Any advice or tips would be very welcomed. Jellyhead x

• 2 months later...

Hi all not sure if i should start a new thread as all my dirty laundry and emotional breakdown is like a book ! I have reduced my pay plan payment down to £200 as £300 was killing me and leaving me and my boy without. Im ready to start challenging the debts I have as after years of mental health, still suffering and an abusive relationship behind me alot of the debts i have no recollection of applying for !!! All debts from around 2004/2005 and though creditors have stoped interest i get no statements from the DCA s or LLoyds TSB. Ive been paying payplan for 3 years now maybe more. Im not trying to get out of repaying as some debts I know i spent but one lloyds tsb overdraft was 10 thousand pounds, its with apex credit management and ive no idea how that came about or was spent !. MBNA credit card came through the door with 10k limit, they offered full and finale of 3300 just 2 weeks after entering dmp and now with credit expertio who again have sent me no statements. Im ready to find out who s who and whats real. Look forward to some advise x Jellycubes

Edited by jellycubes

Hello Jellycubs long time no speak :) good to hear from you :)

I personally take the stance that if the creditor does not have the correct details such as CCA and other terms and conditions then that is their fault for not keeping files up to date so dont worry about people thinking you are trying to get out of your debts, they use the credit agreement against us when it suits so if they havent go one then that is our advantage, I think that reducing your DMP to £200 is wise and the last thing you want to do is putting yourself too short to live on!! I will perfume your first step is to CCA and SAR route

Cheers

Hi thanks for replying :-). The advice is good and im very lucky that a kind soul on here typed and printed them at home and then posted them out to me. The people on here saved my sorry ass from dark times. I still have those letters and when i get paid next week im going to get post office vouchers, lol not sure what there called but to send out my £1 s for cca s. I hope as i get the replies that the knowledge on here will help me . Jellycubes

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, I need a little help here answering questions running around my head.

I have found the strength after severe mental health, detalied in a thread so i wont bore you with it all.

I have a number of debts with payplan and have been in this for nearly 4 years. I have no recolection of how or where these debts came from.

My CRA report states 2 debts that are lloyds tsb and they have a default by them

and a status 8 with the balance i owe them coming down but the last payment is listed as late 2009.

Yet APEX are the one im paying, i dont know how they got the debt.

its an overdraft of 10k ?

god knows how i got that but who owns the DEBT ?

My lloyds credit card they have kept in house, no interest from 2001

MY MBNA is listed now as cedit expertio, so I wonder why lloyds debts show the above info.

Hope im making sense ?

Jellycubes ....on the road to recovery

no it dont....

i would sincerely investigate why you are still paying any debt not on your cra file.

as for apex having your old 10k od that is no longer reducing

again your need to question why its not reducing.

pers i'd list all the debts in the dmp

a check each one carefully

if i were in this situation, i'd stop the dmp and await those that want paying to write.

then deal with that on a debt by debt basis as to if you owe and who you owe hold the necessary paperwork.

its a bit amiss to let a dmp carry on for so many years without questions

however its obv you were not able to deal until now.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...

I took onboard your advice and

apex have said they are acting on behalf of the clent Lloyds.

I ve had no statements from them for over 2 years and though the debt has decreased it is still showing £8.5k and not accounting for £1800 worth of payments :-x.

They also act on behalf of lloyds for a small loan of £1000 that has not decreased on my statement of £400 worth of payments :-x.

On my credit report its states LLoyds have the account yet they have kept credit card and another small loan inhouse and yes they are showing my payments upto date.

Is it possible that Lloyds wrote my £10k overdraft off and apex are taking the mick....wishful thinkng i guess.

Also Expertio de credito have been assigned my MBNA debt yet all the payments I send them have not come off credit report, around £1800 worth of payments.

MBNA had no cca.

Lots of questions I know but hoping for those how give time for all can help me out too.

Just to add ive 7 defaults on file eeeek.

Lloyds defaulted me back in 2009 and

MBNA in 2010 when the sold to credito exertio.

i think quite honestly you need to force peoples hands

contact payplan and tell them you wish to abandon the plan nnow

then stop all paymenrts

lets see who shouts the loudest

they'll be the ones that DONT need paying!!

have you ever had any discount letters??

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes

i had a letter from mbna when i first got into trouble offerring £3,600 payment to clear £10k but i just didnt have enough to eat at the time.

Lloyds tsb credit card have said on the phone that for this type of account i could settle for a big discount.

Would it be best to keep payplan for the debts that have been good to me ie lloyds credit card that i took out in 2001

and they send me regular statements and have never charged me interest.

Remove Apex debts and try to contact Lloyds direct to see whats going on ?

Would lloyds speak to me ? Its for the 10K overdraft that ive paid 4K OFF with apex

Im frightened as i have £70k equity and nationwide got a charging order on my property despite me paying ccj without missing a payment

as payplan told me not to bother turning up to court,

besides i was in a mental breakdown.

Hope im making sense as i find all this debt distressing.

Thank you by the way for your fast responce,

i really do appreciate you taking the time for me.

I dont know what to do about expertio they have no cca and ve never reclaimed any charges on any of the accounts.

I was in an emotionally abusive relationship and my overdraft with lloyds tsb went from 1.3k to 10k in 4 weeks, im sure it was him but head so narled i can not be sure. Why oh why did lloyds allow a 10k overdraft on my account

they have no cca from mbna.

Edited by jellycubes

i think you'd be betrer to start a thread in the legal forum about te nationwide CCJ/CO

somethign not righ ththere

you can pay them direct

and pay lloyds direct [you have your internet banking site]

cancel payplan [they wont remove debts in a plan anyhow without closing the plan.

they are bank funded anyhow, so not exactly 'to your favour' in situations like this..

forget the MBNA debt for now too

dx

and they

Thank you for the responce.

My account was closed along time ago with lloyds tsb account/overdraft.

Sorry to ask again but will they still speak to me.

Yes id rather pay lloyds tsb, Apex are not reporting my payments.

Can i ask what you mean by forget MBNA at the moment, is it the stress factor that could put me under ?

you dont NEED to talk to lloyds

we;ll do it by letter if needs be.

as for MBNA

forget the debt for now

its had a discount offered

and no cca.

just remember NO DCA has aNY legal powers to do anything!!

dx

can you

and they

I never realised that a DCA has no legal powers,

wow all this time ive been frightened of what they could do !!!

So a DCA can not take me to court ? get a charging order.

The deafaults have 3 years to go before they drop off.

Im going to call apex tomorow and ask them how the address of the lloyds tsb current account thats been closed since 2008 then write to lloyds.

God damn it Apex have sent me all sorts of threats over the years but not a statement !

I need to get a grip here dont I,

ive paid off 13K SINCE 2008 off my debts and have 23K to go

NEVER EVER ring a DCA

they will threaten all sorts that they will NEVER put in writing.

your CAT has more powers than a DCA

they are NOT bailiffs and NEVER take people to court

welll i say never, they do but only if they OWN the debt

annd you must ask the question...

why did the OC never do that??????

caan i suggest you do some reading in the general debt forum

or use our search top right

just type in the name of a DCA

or the OC of the alleged cebt and get reading

time to wise up!

glad to help

sadly i smelt you'd been cash cowed was trying to break you in easy !!

it can come as quite a shock that these companies exist to SOLEY fleece people of money they do mot even owe!!

dx

and they

:-DThanks DX, i had to laugh about my cat having more powers, lifted my spirits that !

Expertio own the debt for mbna it states this on my credit report so will tread carefully with them ! Time to get reading, time to get my crap together..... Time to fight back.

Your right none of the original creditors ever took me to court, just passed to DCA withing months. Some original creditors I pay direct, these i will continue. I must look at reclaming too.

Slowly slowly catch a monkey, must be careful of stress and mental health so going to take a debt at a time but starting with apex....grrrrrrr a cash cow im sure.

I will post up again when i have some news but time to get reading first.

Thank you DX, you ve given me the kick up the butt i needed to sort this out

i certain would not be paying ANYONE that does not appear on your CRA file

without a very careful investigation as to why its not showing.

and those that do not have a cca return either.

dx

and they

your cra file will tell you who owns your debts.

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

HI I'm a bit confused on this. If it doesn't show on a CRA File then it's been taken off paid/unpaid after six years. What if you have made one or two payments on the debt tho' does it still make it active and should it still be on file. Thanks

payments SHOULD be shown on your CRA

however, if a debt was defaulted more than 6yrs ago.

regardless of if you are paying or not

the debt will vanish.

All references to a defaulted debt must be removed from your credit files after 6 years has passed from date of default,

whether paid off or not.

This is so that someone who continues paying something even after 6 years from default should not be at a disadvantage

to someone who pays nothing after default and ends up with a clean file after 6 years.

dx

and they

Thanks Andrew, just noticed replies to my thread.

Struggling with anxiety when tackle these debts.

Wish i had someone at home to help me !

I know that MBNA have no CCA and nor do lloyds.

My debts do show on my CRA file it just that alledgedly I had an overdraft for 10K YES 10K with lloyds that although shows on the CRA file

I pay APEX who never send a statement and the ammount owed on the experian report has not come down and Ive been paying every month.

Mental health is up and down since breakdown and everyday I get a bit of togetherness I look at these debts and try to progress with the who s owed and whos not. Its not easy.

Most of the debts came about from an abusive man financially screwing me over for money !

Ive no recollection of how or why LLoyds overdraft got to 10k or how they approved it but alledgedly 8 applications of £500 increases were made in 2 weeks online...

...ive no proof now as I was so ill at the time but i dont think it was me, but have to pay the consequences.

I read recently about men who financially abuse women and women who financially abuse men.

Its not till some time after, years in my case that I realise just how much the cost of this mans abuse has to live with me long after he moved on to the next victim

I wish wish wish there was someone you could go to to help with mail, sending letters but then im hoping for a saviour thats never coming lol.

Seriously though I look at this site everyday and admire those who ve taken the strength to come out of situations as dreadful and worse than mine.

Ive 23k to go at 200 a month to payplan.... like a noose round my neck but ive got t dwon from 36k

I would go into my branch of Lloyds and make an appointment with the manager to discuss how to deal with fraudulent activity on the account.

Do you have proof of mental health issues/a brakdown/depression?

I know its sensitive but you are vulnerable and they should be able to work with you on this with an action plan that may also involve the police.

Bite off one debt at a time but this one is 'unfair' so I would try to tackle at least this one.

I came through an abusive relationship and when you are in it you don't realise what's going on

- psychological abuse is a gradual process

- so I completely understand how you are where you are.

But you can't harm your circumstances by trying to sort it out with the bank;

all they can do is tell you to get stuffed and then you are no worse off

- other than you'd be able to put in a Formal Complaint to the CEO and work on their 'gesture of goodwill' mentality...there is no rush.

You are paying Payplan so when you ahve the strength get the appointment made.

Well done for getting the debt down - you will get through it!

as long as the payments ARE going off the debt.

in many cases dca's buy debts, and pocket the winnings you pay them

they never come off the debt, so it goes SB'ed.

thats why you should never believe any paperwork a DCA sends you.

SAR the OC, get the TRUTH upon where your money IS going.

payplan or CCS or any fee taking DMP never do any checks upon IF the creditor

they are paying through a DMP is ENTITLED to get the money or if the debt even still legally exists.

dx

and they

so .... above the OP says:

apex have said they are acting on behalf of the clent Lloydslink3.gif.

I ve had no statements from them for over 2 years and though the debt has decreased it is still showing £8.5k and not accounting for £1800 worth of payments angry.gif

so you really think a judge would ignore the question of where the £1800 has gone?

its gone in their pocket, in the meantime as not payment has actually come off the debt, its gone SB'ed - its called cash cowing

LINK are famous for this. [many threads here]

so are quite a few of the fee paying DMP companies.

kensigton DMP are one of the worst.

there are numerous examples of CCJ being taken out against the debtor in a DMP

as kennys got all the paperwork sent tothem, all they did was ignore the CCJ.

if the punter never checked their CRA - why would they, their credit was shot anyhow, they never knew

in the meantime all the money went directly to their pockets.

dx

there are MANY examples

and they

Thanks for all the replies. Yes I get paid next week so can afford 10 pounds to send a sar. Ive got no printer so do I hand write ? Who do I contact at lloyds as Ive no address for them just a ref from apex which does not look like my old bank account number (bank account closed 2009) defaulted then too.

Im going to tackle this account first as this is the one not showing repayments since apex took over, it was a current account that had a 10K overdraft, how this came about ive written above.

If lloyds have a sar will they send me details of two tiny loans under £150 and £500 too.

Any help would be welcomed and ive got loads of charges that need reclaiming on all debts credit cards etc. One step at time im going to establish the truth !

Yes i have proof of mental breakdown as was referred to a mental health specialist but i can not prove the abusive man took my money as i gave it, i was cash cowed