Van Stolen, More Than keep delaying settlement! HELP! ADVICE?!

thandiboss
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4427 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I wonder if someone can advise me on what I can do about More Than who have now been delaying any settlement to my claim. Several months ago my van was stolen from our property and ever since More Than have been saying that they need to sit down and talk to us about the events of that day, even though we have told them all the details and sent them all the proof they need to help the claim. They say a Sarah will call to discuss our claim and that we will need to sit down and speak to her in person. We was advised to ring her and when we did there was no answer. We rang and sent email's to this Sarah but nobody got back to us.

Due to our business we got very busy around Christmas Season and was only able to call More Than to say that this Sarah has not got back to us. They apologised and said that they will send a letter to us to arrange all this again. However have not heard from them since.

I would like to a put a end to all this as we need the money to pay for a new van. How can I move this claim forward? Is there any final letters I can send?

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Kindest Regards

Edited by honeybee13
Identifying details removed as a precaution.

Make a complaint to Morethan using their complaints procedure. They obviously for whatever reason, are suspicious about the claim and want to conduct a personal interview. If this is so, why have they delayed it.

These are the relevant FSA rules that they should be following.

ICOBS 8.1.1 rule_icon.gif06/01/20081 An insurer must

1) handle claims promptly and fairly;

(2) provide reasonable guidance to help a policyholder make a claim and appropriate information on its progress;

(3) not unreasonably reject a claim (including by terminating or avoiding a policy); and

(4) settle claims promptly once settlement terms are agreed.

ICOBS 8.1.2 rule_icon.gif06/01/2008A rejection of a consumer policyholder's claim is unreasonable, except where there is evidence of fraud, if it is for

1) non-disclosure of a fact material to the risk which the policyholder could not reasonably be expected to have disclosed; or

(2) non-negligent misrepresentation of a fact material to the risk; or

(3) breach of warranty or condition unless the circumstances of the claim are connected to the breach and unless (for a pure protection contract):

(a) under a 'life of another' contract, the warranty relates to a statement of fact concerning the life to be assured and, if the statement had been made by the life to be assured under an 'own life' contract, the insurer could have rejected the claim under this rule; or

(b) the warranty is material to the risk and was drawn to the customer's attention before the conclusion of the contract.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

thanks for that, atleast when I complain I can point out the rules they are breaking. Like I said whatever they asked for that related to the incident I gave it them and they still wish to take this further.