Health Insurance Claim - advice needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4427 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:help: Hi, can anyone help with this?

I was insured for life and critical illness cover by Friends Provident. In June 2010 I was referred to the hospital for tests by my GP. Obviously with NHS waiting times etc this went on for months before anything was done. In the meantime, for various reasons our DD for the insurance failed. They wrote to us and asked if we would fill out a health insurance questionairre and an authorisation for them to contact our GP. I completed the forms and returned them within two days of receiving them. Two weeks later we received the same letter and forms. I again completed them and sent them staright back. The next thing we received was a letter in February/March 2011 saying as we hadn't responded they had cancelled our policy. I called them and said I most certainly had responded, but was told we would have to take out new insurance as the old one could not be reinstated. My hopsital tests continued and in July 2011 it was confirmed that I was suffering from bowel cancer. Major surgery followed my tumour was removed and fingers crossed, that will be the end of it. Except for 10 years of monitoring. My question is, as I was insured at the beginning of the investigations, should I have claimed for critical illness and can I do it now even though the policy has lapsed? Any advise would be really helpful. Thanks

Think you are going to have to write a complaint letter to Friends Provident Head Office outlining everything that has happened. I think they need to reinstate the policy and then look at your claim.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread