O'Neill Vs Natwest

knightreplica
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6273 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Try this andamend to suit

Thank you for your letter dated xxxxxxxx received by myself today.

I accept your offer of £xxxxxx, as partial settlement of my claim, on the understanding that I will pursue the remainder through the court. I am confident that should this matter proceed to a hearing I will win, unconditionally.

To clarify, I will consider the claim to be settled in full and will inform the courts accordingly when I receive payment of the full amount on the claim including costs and interest, and the removal of the default. At today’s date this is £xxxx and is continuing to attract interest at a daily rate of £xx

Furthermore, I am not prepared to agree to any confidentially clauses you try to impose, unless of course your client wishes to make an offer of due consideration in addition to the amount of £xxxx in order to be afforded this privilege by myself.

I look forward to your prompt response in settling this claim.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks gizmo

i think that will be great i think that will put the point across

18/10/06 sent lba for current account

18/10/06 claim issued against NatWest for £2,495.00

30/09/06 O'Neill V NatWest - declined offer of £1216.00 sent responce to settlement letter

30/09/06 O'neill v Woolwich plc mortgage account sent Data Protection Act notice for not replying

30/09/06 Oneill v citifinancial sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)

30/09/06 O'neill V Capital One sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)

If u can do it, SO CAN I!!!!!!!!!!

well got home to find a letter there from yesterday, i hadnt been home in a few days, been staying at my girlfriends house.. anyway, got home and found a copy of cobbetts AQ they have not even fillied in the section for other info and did not pay the fee. is there any reason for this as all i could see is that they intend to pay up and not fight me

30/09/06 O'Neill V NatWest - declined offer of £1216.00 sent responce to settlement letter

30/09/06 O'neill v Woolwich plc mortgage account sent Data Protection Act notice for not replying

Exactly the same as mine, keep an eye on my thread as I'm about a week ahead of you.

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

Received a copy of Cobbetts AQ today

Son v Halifax settled in full £292

Another son v Halifax settled in full £30

Bigmama59 v NatWest settled in full £4739.69:)

Son v Halifax 2nd claim settled in full £130

Bigmama v Halifax settled in full £1125

thats cool, prob same crap as everyone gets, bet they never paid either

Well natwest are shutting my account on the 17th, sent me a letter stating if i dont take my card back they will send a bayliff to collect it at the charge of £125.. (I got a little ****ed of about the way they treating me, so i have wrote a letter of complaint about the way i have been intimadated, i sent it to natwest hq cobbetts and i also sent it to the court asking them to add to my file. lets see what happens now

Did they give you a reason for shutting your account? We know it's because of claiming your charges back but I bet they don't say that.

they paid a load of dd's last month despite me canceling them, it put me over drawn, when i called to get my money back they told me tuff, i never canceled them despite them signing for the letter and the calls i made confiming.. they recon the letter was just an xmas card... so i am hoping they will just pay me off now, i even told them i could do without all this crap as my partner was not well, they didnt care about that.

It seems to me the banks don't really care about people anyway they are just out to make as much money as they can

thats what i put in my letter to them, i also stated they took over 800 in charges in one month. thats like a full time pay to me

well guess what, I got paid this morning, tried to take money from my account and the machine swallowed my card, i didnt have time to wait for the bank to open as i had to get to work, Then i recieve a call ay 11am telling me that unless i want a cheque sent to me, i better come to the bank by 1pm as they were shutting my account early, and if i dont go and withdraw my money, then they would send a cheque to me which would take 28 days to come.

I had to take time off work to draw out my money, when i got there i was told cause it was over 1,000 then i had to give them 5 days notice, i said how am i suppose to do that when your shutting my acount in half an hour... manager came out and said just give him money from his account as ive had an email from head office saying to expect him, and to enter into no conversation about anything else other than the withdrawl of his money

I then had to walk through town with nearly 1500 in my pocket and the risk of being mugged, especially since i wasnt even allowed an envelope to put it in

What customer service huh?

I thought they said 17th, how can they change it at such short notice without giving you more warning? Also they must have known you got paid today

I am completely gobsmacked!! I just can't believe they are allowed to get away it...

Halifax Preliminary Request £1125 9/8/06

Standard reply received 17/8/06

LBA sent 26/8/06

Moneyclaim filed 22/9/06

Moneyclaim acknowledged 27/9/06

Paid in Full 8/10/06

NatWest 9/8/06

Standard Reply 21/8/06

LBA Sent 26/8/06

Moneyclaim filed 22/9/06

Moneyclaim Acknowledged 27/9/06

Response to CPR18 Additional request 1/11/06

Allocation questionnaire filed 17/11/06 (Cobbetts filed theirs 16/11/06)

50% offer Declined 6/12/06

me either, but i have put in a complaint about the way i have been treated, look on the bright side i suppose, they dont need to send the bayliff now for my card as the hole in the wall swallowed it. I wrote another letter last night to the courts about them shutting it early and making me leave work to collect my money.... I explained that it has now caused me problems in work as i work in retail, and this time of year we are all needed .

if it goes to court il ask them to consider all this in the case

Have you got another account set up?

Hopefully as the courts must be overworked as well the judge might have a bit of sympathy and throw their case out!

I work in retail too so I know how busy you are, I don't think I would have been allowed any time off to sort out the bank!

Look on the bright side: NatWest did you a favour by shutting your account down coz they couldnt resist dipping in to it and taking more and more charges out haha...

Donate to keep this site open

Any help or advice is offered as just that, help and advice without any liability. If in doubt consult a legal expert or CAB.

Make Cash Flow Forecast

Have you got another account set up?

Hopefully as the courts must be overworked as well the judge might have a bit of sympathy and throw their case out!

I work in retail too so I know how busy you are, I don't think I would have been allowed any time off to sort out the bank!

yeah i have an account set up with the coop, had a few issues though cause of natwest kept putting me overdrawn with charges, but coop gave me one and i have now had my wages changed over ready for next month.

let this be a lesson for u all, make sure u got that account sorted

Look on the bright side: NatWest did you a favour by shutting your account down coz they couldnt resist dipping in to it and taking more and more charges out haha...

I was shutting it even if they didnt, thing is they have taken another 200 in charges since so depending on what happens here il start another claim for those too

Good luck!

NatWest killed my business about 8 years ago along with several other people I met, this was when they were selling it off.

You wouldnt beleive the strokes they pulled on us, they supported us Mondays and it would all change by Wednesdays, a real mess, I wouldnt trust them as far as I can pee.

Hope you get every penny back, all credit to this web site and the people who run it.

Happy Xmas to everyone!

Donate to keep this site open

Any help or advice is offered as just that, help and advice without any liability. If in doubt consult a legal expert or CAB.

Make Cash Flow Forecast

I will take it all the wy until i am satisfied that all my conditions are met, i am not going to agree to any confidentiality unless they pay me for the previlage. and then as soon as they do il slap them for the rest but il cut out all the usual crap and just state that they declined to refund as before

I dont think Natwest seem particularly bothered about confendiality... just sent me a cheque.... (think they know we will just cross out the clauses anyway)

I think the same with Deller and BigMama???

Id be tempted (WHEN you win) to go to your local 'rag' and tell all its readers "how to claim back penalty charges".... somebody got a 2 page spread in the Portsmouth News here in November....

It "looked good", and no doubt will feellll gr8888888888 after their disgraceful behaviour and intimidation....

Good luck (not that you need it)

Innocent :)

:D CLICK MY SCALES IF I HAVE BEEN USEFUL :D

BARCLAYCARD WON £307

CAPITAL ONE WON £2.1k

NATWEST WON £3.4k

LLOYDS TSB CURRENT

Start 26/4 LBA 7/6 conLBA 22/1 N1 12/3 AQ 3/5/07ONHOLD

MORE THAN/ LLOYDS MCARD

Start 2/11 CONTL LBA 15/1/07 NOW RE-RESEARCHING

MONUMENT VISA

Start 1/11 CONTL LBA 15/1/07 NOW RE-RESEARCHING

NATWEST BUSINESS

RESEARCHING

read your post of 15/12/06 and the treatment you received did seem a bit odd becuase no notice is required to withdraw £1500 just Identification. It is a bit odd in my opinion. I prefer not to comment on what others as have said about NatWest because the way hands are tied in the branch network in relation to what we can and cannot do is almost like being taken hostage.

well i got home to find a recorded delivery slip for a spcial delivery on saturday, prob is i have only just gone home, so will have to wait until tomorrow to find out if its a cheque