O'Neill Vs Natwest

knightreplica
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6292 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

after posting i logged on to my mcol and saw that the claim has been acknowledged today, although i have not recieved any paperwork. now i understand they have 28 days in which to put in their defence, does this start from the date they acknowledge or the date the claim was issued?

18/10/06 sent lba for current account

18/10/06 claim issued against NatWest for £2,495.00

30/09/06 O'Neill V NatWest - declined offer of £1216.00 sent responce to settlement letter

30/09/06 O'neill v Woolwich plc mortgage account sent Data Protection Act notice for not replying

30/09/06 Oneill v citifinancial sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)

30/09/06 O'neill V Capital One sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)

If u can do it, SO CAN I!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I understand it is that they have 28 days from the date the claim was deemed to be served, this is usually 7 days after you filed your claim.

You should receive confirmation of acknowledgement through the post, next coulple of days I expect!!

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

thanks deller. hopefully things will start to get going.... have another 5 cases started too so will be busy with this

30/09/06 O'Neill V NatWest - declined offer of £1216.00 sent responce to settlement letter

30/09/06 O'neill v Woolwich plc mortgage account sent Data Protection Act notice for not replying

5 cases on the go at once, good for you.

I'm finding that one case is giving me a big enough headache at the moment. :eek:

tell me about it.... im kinda hoping that the others wont give me as much trouble as natwest, but i cant see it

• 1 month later...

just thought id share with the group that NatWest are now taking other ways to make you back down. I canceled all my dd's on my account in october, but yet they paid everyone of them putting me 259 pounds over drawn, they then gave me 3 days to put my account back in credit. when i couldnt do that, i recieved a letter stating that unless my account was put back in credit within 24 hrs and i drop all court cases with NatWest then they would close my account and send it for debt recovery..

can u believe the cheek...

i called and quoted the dd guarantee, they recon it only applies to mistakes they made, and seeing i had not canceled anything then how could it be a mistake?... I informed them that i had canceled everything in writing and sent it recorded delivery and it was signed for the next day.. the responce was that they did recieve a letter from me via recorded delivery, but it was just a christmas card..

like they would get one from me....

just thought id let u know what they are playing at now

tony

I took my allocation questionaire to bridgend county court today and paid my 100 quid fee. hopefully i will get a date soon, but natwest have until the 10th to comply

And they'll wait til 10th too! :rolleyes:

I think you're on about the same timing as me, my AQ date is 10th December too. I have sent mine in last week and also got an offer for roughly half which was very tempting but I sent a letter accepting only as partial payment

Son v Halifax settled in full £292

Another son v Halifax settled in full £30

Bigmama59 v NatWest settled in full £4739.69:)

Son v Halifax 2nd claim settled in full £130

Bigmama v Halifax settled in full £1125

Is It Me Or Are The Courts Going To Be Very Busy On The 10th? Mines Due Then Aswell Hahahaha

NW (NO 1) ACC

REC'D FULL SETTLEMENT 5/01/07 :)

NW (NO2) ACC

REC'D FULL SETTLEMENT 28/12/06 :lol:

NW (JOINT) ACC

MCOL STAGE AS WE SPEAK :-|

Court date 23rd May(bring it on!!!!)

Paid up 3 wks before court date - all done & dusted ( for now lol)

just thought id share with the group that NatWest are now taking other ways to make you back down. I canceled all my dd's on my account in october, but yet they paid everyone of them putting me 259 pounds over drawn, they then gave me 3 days to put my account back in credit. when i couldnt do that, i recieved a letter stating that unless my account was put back in credit within 24 hrs and i drop all court cases with NatWest then they would close my account and send it for debt recovery..

can u believe the cheek...

i called and quoted the dd guarantee, they recon it only applies to mistakes they made, and seeing i had not canceled anything then how could it be a mistake?... I informed them that i had canceled everything in writing and sent it recorded delivery and it was signed for the next day.. the responce was that they did recieve a letter from me via recorded delivery, but it was just a christmas card..

like they would get one from me....

just thought id let u know what they are playing at now

tony

Re; the dropping court cases - have you this in writing?

Did they actually say they received a xmas card and have you this in writying also?

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Re; the dropping court cases - have you this in writing?

Did they actually say they received a xmas card and have you this in writying also?

I have the bit about dropping the cases in writing, however the part of the xmas card was on the phone.

I have sent a copy to my court and asked them to attach it to my file, as i believe its an aggressive act of intimadaring me, and i put a note to the courts stating that i feel frieghtend that they can treat me this way

I think you're on about the same timing as me, my AQ date is 10th December too. I have sent mine in last week and also got an offer for roughly half which was very tempting but I sent a letter accepting only as partial payment

yes they must be busy on the 10th. mine is at bridgend county court. maybe someone can help me with somethig, i cant seem to find the court bundle everyone is on about. could someone send me the link for it

Im getting worried that they may fight mine in court and i wont be prepared enough

thanks cheddar, dont know why i couldnt find it. i have it now and cant start to prepare myself.

I recieved a letter from cobbetts yesterday, stating that their client believes i will lose when it comes to court. however they would give me a good will gesture of £1300. despite me stating i will not accept any offers.

the letter was written without prejudice but states that if i dont accept the claim they will bring this letter to the attention of the courts.

and and the usual crap about not speaking to anyone about it, and withdrawing my claim.

WELL COBBETTS I HAVE ONE THING TO SAY TO U, AND THAT IS I'LL SEE U IN COURT, CAUSE HELL WILL FREEZE OVER BEFORE I ACCEPT ANYTHING OTHER THAN WHAT I WANT.

Think

think i'l just forward the normal reply and wait for my date.. i will also tell them that unless the default is also remove there will be no room for negotiation unless my terms are met exactly as outlined. i prepared to go to court. oh by the way it wont happen as i want standard disclosure... wonder what they will decide here lol

Have you received a copy of their AQ?

no not yet, they have until the 10th to submit it. so i am not sure what they have in there. i sent them a responce to their cpr part18 request, and that brought on the letter as above

Mine is the 10th as well and I haven't had a copy of theirs either but I sent them a copy of mine together with a thanks but no thanks letter to their offer. I sent a reply back to their defence letter/CPR on 23rd November

i havent forwarded a copy to cobbetts cause the courts told me that they would send it and i didnt need to, however i think il send a copy just incase

I sent them one because I thought it might 'scare':o them into sending me full payment:) At least they'll realise I'm serious

im thinking of doing the same thing. have u had any responce from them yet

nothing yet

well i think il send it and see what happens