daughters catalogue debt

rubyg
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3924 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

i was wondering if i could get some advice,

my daughter owes K& CO money and she has not paid since she lost her job a few month ago,

she was owing round about £600,

now she has had a letter from Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd,

saying they have bought the debt and she owes £908,

what is the best way to deal with this,

she was not in arrears or anything and paid regular until she lost her job

but what should she offer payment wise, she does not have much money just now,

i have read lots of topics and do not think asking for the CCA would do any good ,

but i just do not know what would be a reasonable offer,

thank you.

• 1 year later...

Hello,

i have got into bother with Kay & co catalogue,

they put the debt out to NDR,

i arranged an agreement with Kays to pay £50 per month ,

they gave me a time of 3 years then they were going to review the situation,

i have been paying the £50 until about 2 month ago when i was forced to miss a payment due to my wages being short,

the last two payments i have put an extra £10 and paid them £60 to try and make up the missing payment

which i have been harrassed to death about, up to 5 phone calls per day from NDR,

starting early in the morning and still getting them at 8pm,

eventually i took some advice from this website and just said "in writing only please " each time they phoned,

they still they keep phoning,

i was going to send a SAR request , i have the postal order , but who do i make payment to, would it be NDR, or shop direct finance or Kay & co?

I want to see just how much i have been stung for charges ,

i know at least half the balance i have is interest as it was buy now pay later items

and my other half got laid off before i could get the it paid,

the plan was to make sure it was paid BEFORE the interest was slapped on,

it doubles what you have to pay back.

Thanks for your help

Pretty sure the SAR goes off to the original creditor. You can just leave the postal order blank, I always do.

if you have any late fees, over limit fees you should be able to claim those back.

Im sure someone with more experience will be along shortly to advise you better.

Danielle.x

moved to the cat forum

plenty of thread here to read.

TELL [dont ask] them they are only going to get £xxPCM for xx mts

as a goodwill gesture

and as a reciprocal GOGW they must freeze int & refrain from levying PENALTY charges.

if they wont

drop them to £1PCM for life.

as an example>

LETTER 1

I am currently in financial difficulties and not able to meet my normal monthly repayments.

to show my goodwill, i am going to pay £5 for 6 mts.

i will update you in 6mts time or before, should my situation change.

could you please as a reciprocal goodwill guesture,

refrain from levying any penalty charges & freeze the interest on my account.?

Should you fail to assist me during a period of financial difficulty, contrary to all the guidelines and codes

issued by the relevent bodies and authorities that govern you and the way you conduct yourselves.

i shall have no alternative but to reduce my offer to £1PCM for the rest of the life of the account,

as your actions would do nothing to help me.

i thank you for your time.

signed

then pay by your internet banking site

and get reclaiming

TAKE CONTROL

if you have sent the above and they refuse

then write back........

.LETTER 2

i'm sorry, but you have failed to assist me during a period of financial difficulty,

against all the guidelines and codes issued by the relevent bodies and authorities

that govern you and the way you conduct yourselves.

i repeat again, the contents of my letter dated dd/mm/yyyy, for want of clarification:

to show my goodwill, i am going to pay £XX for XX mts

could you please as a reciprocal goodwill guesture, refraining from levying any penalty charges

& freeze the interest on my account.

i will update you in 6mts time or before, should my situation chance.

should you fail to help by refraining from levying unlawful PENALTY charges & freeze my interest,

i shall have no alternative but to reduce my offer to £1PCM for the rest of the life of the account,

as your actions are doing nothing to help me.

This is contrary to the rules you should operate under.

disgruntled account holder

yes get reclaiming.

post the sar to

shop direct.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If they are calling more than once every few days, log the date time of the call, and once you get a good sized log, inform the OFT and OFCOM.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thank you for all your replies,

The post office asked if i wanted the postal order crossed, i said yes, will it still be ok to leave it blank?

i will be reclaiming any charges , think there will be a few,

as for phone calls, so far today i have had none, usually i have one before 9am, see how today goes,

maybe they have finally got the message i wont talk to them on the phone, mind you,

this is a bank holiday, maybe that's why no phone calls !

I am going to keep a copy of your letter dx100uk,

if i keep getting grief they are getting sent that,

If the PO is crossed, dont leave it blank. It will be treated as if it wasnt crossed.

What is the difference between a crossed and uncrossed Postal Order?

The key difference is that Crossed Postal Orders can only be paid into a bank account, except if they're paid into the recipient's savings account or used to pay bills at a Post Office branch. Uncrossed Postal Orders are as good as cash, this means that the recipient can pick up the cash while posting out your items and, in most cases, this means your order will arrive earlier.

Please note: Crossed Postal Orders are no better than Uncrossed ones if you do not enter the recipient’s name as anybody will be able to enter their details and then bank it. If a Crossed Postal order has a name printed, then it can only be paid into that person's account. Visit any one of our branches for further help.

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/postal-orders-faqs

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hello, thanks for the reply,i will make it payable to Kay& Co, that should be ok, i was right about no phone calls because it was bank holiday weekend, right on cue this morning at 815am, my first phone call today, i wish i had noted all the calls previously because i have been getting at least 4 a day for two weeks or more now, i noted todays so see how it goes from now, thank you

Hi

According to their web site, you make cheques payable to K&co, not Kay & co. Make sure you write on the reverse that the cheque is for a SAR ONLY otherwise they may put the money towards your account.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

When paying a statutory fees by cheque or postal order is should be made payable to the creditor, you should also endorse the payment ''for statutory fee only'' on the face and reverse of the document, keep a photocopy of the cheque or PO, quite often I've seen these fees added to the account then quoted as a payment when a debt is challenged as statute barred.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 1 month later...

Hello, i sent a £10 P.O and a SAR request to K&Co, the 40 days has expired on 15th July, they have not responded, what do i do now? I have had a look through the library but could not find anything referring to what to do if they do not comply, i am paying the agreed £50 per month but i wanted to see how much they have made in charges over the years that i may be able to claim back .

Have they cashed the payment?

Have you checked that they received it?

If so then you can send the failed SAR letter here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?593-Data-Protection-Act-Non-Compliance-Template-Letters

If they still fail to supply your data then that is actionable through the county courts to force compliance and with damages at the court's discretion

sev threads merged [is this your daughter debt or you have a cat debt to them too?]

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...