Jump to content


BankFodder BankFodder


SAR help pls

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2860 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Can someone pm me the SAR that I need to send to CSA since they refuse to listen to phone requests. Having the same problem as most on here where they just pluck figures out of thin air and think we will sit back and just pay it.


It's amazing how 3yrs ago when started dealing with them they didn't recieve the wage slips I sent on behalf of my partner and yet now 3yrs later they suddenly know what his salary is and where he works and send out a work order to his employer !!!!!!!!!!!!


And to boot they say he owes £9,000+ arrears. Me thinks they need their calculator calibrating or purchase a new one and put that one in the bin


If someone can forward the SAR to me would be grateful. thanks

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Insert the appropriate details next to the red text, enclose £10.00 and send it to:


Child Support Agency

Information and Devolution

Room BP9202

Prudhoe House

Benton Park View

Benton Park Road



NE98 1YX




CSA ref no

National Insurance number



Dear Sir/Madam


Subject Access Request


The purpose of this letter is to make a Subject Access Request pursuant to Section 7.1 of the Data Protection Act 1998, to be provided with all of the information that I am legally entitled to under the above Act. I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10.00.


Accordingly, please provide me with a copy of all of the computer information that you currently hold concerning my particular case, and in addition, please also provide me with a copy of my clerical file that your department holds including correspondance exchanged between myself and the organisation.


I look forward to receiving this information as soon as possible, but in any event, within the strict time limits imposed under the above Act.


yours sincerely



My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

If my advice has been helpful, please show your gratitude by taking a moment to click on the star icon on the bottom strip of my post







download the CAG toolbar


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Make sure you sign and date the letter. If its not signed they cannot by law send you ur SAR.

The above letter is a good example. You can of course shorten it to say you want all electronic snd clerical info allowed under the data protection act.

They have 40 days from the receipt of the letter (they should contact u to tell u they have received ur request) to produce it.

You may also reqest from your normal CSA office, an account breakdown. This will show the assessments made, the dates from and to they charged, any changes made to to overlapping in liabilities (unlikely as I think ur car is 'new rules') and all the payments they've had. This will then give u the arrears figure. If there is any payments missing, immediately get the info need to give the CSA. They'll need method (ie standing order) dates it left ur bank, amounts and ur bank details. It's possible that some payments get stuck at the 'CSA bank' part if the receipt hasn't got a correct ref number on.

If this happens, the 'CSA bank' can be sent the info for them to fish out and put onto ur case.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...