• Tweets

• Hi all, I purchased a car in January from Big Motoring World Leeds. At the time of sale I was shown a tab on the salespersons computer marked 'service history' and I was able to take comfort knowing that the car had been serviced on 3 occasions as the date, mileage and company was there on screen. Being a 3 and a bit year old car that, in my mind, constituted full service history 🤷‍♂️ Anyway, collected the car a week later. Once home I settled down to through the book pack etc. Opened the service history booklet and it was completely blank. In addition there were no invoices detailing that any services had been done. I duly contacted BMW and asked them to supply me with proof of service history. They responded saying that on their 'vehicle documentation checklist' I had ticked and then signed to the fact that I had seen the service history and that I was happy with it. I dug out this checklist and what it actually states is 'seen service history online' which I had in the showroom. BMW seem to think that this satisfies their responsibility in providing service history. The reality is that I don't have any proof that the vehicle has ever been serviced! For my own peace of mind I ended up paying for a service that satisfied the manufacturers maintenance schedule to the tune of £330. I even complained to the finance company that the vehicle contravenes the Sale of Goods act 2015 as l, in effect, ot is not as described. Amazingly they weren't interested and instead I just got an email stating that it's not illegal to sell a vehicle without service history and that servicing costs were part and parcel of vehicle ownership. I've since complained to the ombudsman and am awaiting to see if they can help. I have no issue with the car but the treatment and customer service has been the worst I've ever experienced. I don't really know what to do next as I really do feel aggrieved that I've had to pay to service a car that should have already been serviced. Can anyone point me in the right direction please? 🙏
    • Fraudsters copy the details of firms we authorise to try and convince people that their firm is genuine. Find out why you shouldn’t deal with this clone firm.View the full article
    • Fraudsters copy the details of firms we authorise to try and convince people that their firm is genuine. Find out why you shouldn’t deal with this clone firm.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

RBoS are way out of order

nevos
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6297 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi NWSM and Lively Happy Xmas!

UNPAID DD CHARGE £76.00 06/09/2006 UNPAID DD CHARGE £38.00 07/09/2006 REFERAL CHARGE £90.00 08/09/2006 CARD MISUSE CHARGE £35.00 08/09/2006 UNPAID ITEMS CHARGE £38.00 11/09/2006 UNPAID ITEMS CHARGE £38.00 14/09/2006 UNPAID ITEMS CHARGE £114.00 15/09/2006 UNPAID ITEMS CHARGE £76.00 18/09/2006 UNPAID ITEMS CHARGE £38.00 25/09/2006 UNPAID CHQ CHARGE £38.00 28/09/2006 REFERAL CHARGE £30.00 09/10/2006

This is an extract from spread sheet, this happened while i was working in Shanghai, they called me twice and I said twice you have an instruction to transfer from a currency account and please check with your LC department in Manchester the money should be there. The card misuse was for a £19 cheque.

I found a further £249 in several random amounts charged on the account over a period of years, I have not included these in my calc but, I think I need to ask them what the charges were for as there is no reason on the staements just says Charges £39- Charges £30- etc...where normally it says Royalties Charge £5-

I admit i have severe bad credit rating though, I am trying to get straight and operate the account in a very good way in my opinion, for RBS they make small fotunes from me converting currency and TT's but, they will probably not even bother looking at this aspect, so I feel justified after 10 years with them in requesting my charges back. Im sure they will close my account but, thats life.

Thank you all for your help here, keep up the good work.

Donate to keep this site open

Any help or advice is offered as just that, help and advice without any liability. If in doubt consult a legal expert or CAB.

Make Cash Flow Forecast

By the way NWSM: Many years ago we made a spread sheet to check bank interest charges by Nat West, we found £4K when we told them they simply credited the account instantly with the money.

This was in the time when redundant bank managers were going around offering this service.

If i had to put a quote in my profile it would be " Gone west with NatWest" :D

Any help or advice is offered as just that, help and advice without any liability. If in doubt consult a legal expert or CAB.

Make Cash Flow Forecast

Happy christmas Nevos and the Charges listed are certainly ones you can go after. Not sure on those £39 charges but may be Unarranged Borrowing on those ones which you can claim back of course so if you need advice on the randoms then post it and we will all have a go at working them out.

Merry Xmas to you too! Ok, Im looking at the statements and working through it in chronological order:-

Got it now, the charges are over limit charges between £1.90 and £60 in various months. In 00 over limit charges were £20 which i think each one includes £5 for the Royalties a/c. 02 they went up to £25 and 04 were £33 and now £34 or £20,£28 and £29 when you take the £5 out for Roayalties. Total over limit charges for the period 08/00 to 10/06 amount to £515- I did not include these with my claim by the way.

Thanks again NWSM

PS: Wow, I just re-read your post, I can reclaim these also?

PPS: Just found another £30 referal which I missed first time around! This would knock the claim up to around £2K..

Make Cash Flow Forecast

What I did was worked out what charges had been arranged - overdraft loanguard and royalties and deducted them from the overall charge.....much like you've said above nevos. I've put a whole post together on calculating RBS charges if this will help. You will find it my signature.

Stuck with RBS charges?

Click here!!

Settled

RBS1 £2794

RBS2 £503

Halifax Credit Card £498.14

Still to Settle

Barclaycard Est£180

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Hi T4FF Merry Xmas: I did view your spread sheet and it looks interesting also read your thread.

Am I right in thinking that in my case where same as you I have charge £30 then £5 is my Royalties charge the balance £25 is over limit or unarranged borrowing charges are refundable?

If so, I guess they could be punched into a copy of the simple spread sheet in the library and the interest calculation 8% applied in the same way as one would calculate the interest on referal charges etc in the event of a court case?

Make Cash Flow Forecast

Merry Christmas!

Basically.....yes!

EDIT: Although I would inform them in your letter that you have deducted your "arranged" charges from your calculations where appropriate.

If I've been help to you, click on my scales and add to my rep! :wink:

Stuck with RBS charges?

Click here!!

Settled

RBS Current Account1 £2794

RBS Current Account2 £503

HBOS Credit Card £498

Still to Settle

Barclaycard Est£180

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Quickie: Yesterday: Sent RBOS an updated summary £1,418-

Further to my request for a refund of charges dated 15 December 2006, please find enclosed up-dated summary.

Yours faithfully,

Make Cash Flow Forecast

Hi all, I have decided to take on RBoS, I have gone through last 12 months statements and have been charged over £1000, have sent off first letter and £10 PO requesting last 6 years statements, shudder to think (or do I ) what the total amont will be.

Hi Mike,

You need to start your own thread, not just high jack someone else's!

Use the new thread button at the top of the page, then keep your thread updated with your progress. You will gett lots of support from other rbos claimants.

Good Luck

Nona

[CENTER][SIZE=2][I][COLOR=DarkOrange]Any advice offered is only my opinion, based on my experience with my claim [/COLOR][/I][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2] I won my case because[/SIZE] I READ THESE FIRST[/COLOR][/SIZE] [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/"][COLOR=red]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/[/COLOR][/URL] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3]Halifax[/SIZE][COLOR=YellowGreen]-[/COLOR][/COLOR][B][SIZE=4][COLOR=Red][COLOR=YellowGreen]SETTLED IN FULL[/COLOR] :D:D:D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta] [COLOR=SeaGreen]Prelim letter sent [COLOR=Black]10/07/06[/COLOR] Moneyclaim issued [COLOR=Black]07//08/06[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]Settled in full[/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]15/08/06 [SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkOrchid][SIZE=1]Survey completed. Donation made[/SIZE].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][COLOR=Navy]Thanks to Dave and Bankfodder, and all who have given their time and advice[/COLOR]:)[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=red][COLOR=Black]Co-op Bank Visa[/COLOR] Settled after LBA (only £61 but hey ho, every penny counts) [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#00bfff] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

LBA sent today excluding interest. I took the template from the t/library and removed the figures part of interest but left the words in " I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest plus costs etc"

Im sending it right on time Xmas New Year hell or High Water, they are quick enough to collect the charges so why not.

I have heard nothing from them at all so on we go ....sent to:-

Tommy McLean

Customer Relations

Customer Central Support

First Floor

The Forthstone

56 South Gyle Crescent

Edinburgh

EH12 9LE

Make Cash Flow Forecast

Hi people: Slight technical hitch if anyone can advise me:-

I use my RBS account as a personal account but, as Im a sole trader I often bank business into this account. Now, I sent my LBA using the standard format however, as I have not heard anything Im wondering if I made a mistake and should have used the biz LBA template.

Im planning now to hit them with a new schedule to show contractual interest and resend the biz LBA template with the following ammendment:-

Dear Sir/Madam,

I now understand that the regime of fees which you have been applying to my personal business account in relation to direct debit refusals, exceeding overdraft limits and so forth are unlawful at Common Law and contrary to Statute.

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would

If anyone has time I would appreciate it also:-

I calculate that you have taken £1500 plus £1000 (contractual interest)which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £2500

Thats it! look forward to any comments, thanks in advance.:)

Make Cash Flow Forecast

RBoS have respondedby letter received today:-

Dear Mr C,

Thank you for your letter dated 15th December 2006

I am sorry that we have not yet been able to respond to you and would ask that you bear with us meantime, We are currently investigating and will respond to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience to date.

Yours sincerely,

Sandy Watt

Customer Relations Unit. PP hard to read!

Well I am a patient man comes with years of long haul flights however, I will be sticking to the deadlines. Think I will respond saying exactly that in a nice way!

Make Cash Flow Forecast

Hi Lively happy Saturday! Quite funny I posted no response then almsot instantly the response arrived, wonder if they are following the threads :D

Make Cash Flow Forecast

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Had a letter from RBS on 6th January: Please bear with us we are investigating your claim thank you for being patient. I decided to give the Bank a further 7 days before making a court claim.

19th January: Letter from RBS stating charges are reasonable however, having reviewed your case and agree to return £1,400 direct to your account( being the full amount of my claim).:D

The Royal Bank of Scotland if your reading this: Thank You very much! and thank you again for being very reasonable and dealing with my claim in a friendly manner!

CAG: 5% Donation coming your way, thank you all members. :)

Make Cash Flow Forecast

Congrats!