Does move address cancel contract and all charges?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4312 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I am with supanet and have moved to a new address where I have broadband already in a shared house. Supanet tell me I owe them 11 months of my 24 months contract anyway even though I dont need it. When talking to talk-talk about setting up phone they said when I move address my contract with supanet becomes void. Is this correct?

Many thanks

Sam

I really think you have been given the wrong information there.

You entered into an agreement with Supanet, and you are only just over half way through it.

I would talk to them and try and negotiate a reduced settlement figure. It would probably not be a wise move to just assume it is a void contract as they will end up passing the acc onto a dca and reporting on your credit file.

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

That is not correct, you have a contract, they can charge a cancelation fee. Most internet providers put a negative mark on your credit file if you don't pay.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Did you have a signed contract or a verbal contract. I have just recently left TalkTalk with 6 months left on a verbal contract, they tried to apply £63 charges to my account which I disputed. After many email in which TalkTalk failed to provide any evidence of a contract they have cancelled all charges and closed my account.

Did you have a signed contract or a verbal contract. I have just recently left TalkTalk with 6 months left on a verbal contract, they tried to apply £63 charges to my account which I disputed. After many email in which TalkTalk failed to provide any evidence of a contract they have cancelled all charges and closed my account.

Keep an eye on your credit file... sometimes one hand doesn't know what the other is doing so whatever confirmation that "they have canceled all charges" stored safely!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

I have been with them for years and then when I increased my download limit they put me on another 24 month contract which I didnt know about. I told them to let me know where I agreed to this and they said someone would call me back but never did. They sent me a paper confirmation of my contract but again I didnt agree anywhere to go ahead with this.

I honestly can not see them releasing you so easily. If you have been with them for years, give them a call and try and negotiate a settlement figure, but make sure you get everything in writing.

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

Why is this the case I have to negotaite out of a situation I didnt agree with?

So you never agreed to a 24 month contract to begin with? Your opening post appears to indicate you knew you were only 11 months into a 24 month contract when you moved.

Unfortunately, just because you've moved it wont end your contractual obligations. The normal procedure is that you simply move the services with you. It's through no fault of the provider that you're moving to somewhere that already has a connection, so I don't see how there's any grounds for breaking the contract unless there's something in the terms and conditions about them being unable to provide services at your new location. And even then, that might be restricted to only areas where they have no physical means of providing a service, another service already in place may not be applicable.

From their FAQ.

What happens to my broadband connection if I move home?

If your new home is capable of receiving broadband then we will terminate your current contract until you have relocated. We will then sign you up for another 12-month contract, and request BT to enable broadband at your new home.

If your new home is not capable of receiving broadband or you do not wish to continue with your Supanet broadband connection, you will be contractually obliged to pay the remainder of your 12-month contract or a one-off cancellation fee of 60, depending on your level of usage prior to the contract being cancelled.

Sorry I had apparently signed up automaticly to a 24 month contract when I updated my download limit 13 months ago but I didnt know this or agree to it. i have asked them for proof going on 3 weeks now but nothing just paper version which they put together. I have seen many problems with supanet and dont want to use their service at my new address as they have a habit of not issuing mac codes which apparently allow the new service you choose to take over I cant find myself in that position further down the line as I work from home and have a family to suport I dont have time to play games with supanet refusing to cooperate.

Can I send a recorded statement to say prove i agreed to contract or exept I have left with no bad credit rating or any come back? It seems this company just has ways of bulling people and trying to be deceptive while threatening complications if you try to leave.

Many Thanks again

Sam

Just in case there is any change in the fact that broadband stops at the new address. I have just spoken to Supanet an dbeen told i agreed to the new contract on the phone but the manager who listened to the call cant say what was said or aagreed and it will cost me £60 to get a copy of the call to clarify. if it turns out i didnt agree they will not refund the money!

THE MAC code from supanet is paired up with the telephone line of the address it is being used at ie YOUR OLD ADDRESS

you will not need a MAC code at your new address unless you decide to break this contract with this supplyier and try and get another on the same line.

MAC codes must be given to the new supplyier within 10 days.

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS

Guest TalkTalk Offical Company Rep

Hi All,

TT should not advise you of your contractual obligations with another supplier, this should be confirmed by the ISp in questions, in this case Supanet.

When moving home you should inform your ISP of the change. If you dont then they ahve no reason to cancel the service as you have not advised them to do so. Changing suppliers at the same time as moving home WILL NOT automatically cancel the old service, as the old ISP may not be aware of the change unless you inform them.

If you are in contract with your OLD ISP at the time you wish to transfer to TalkTalk this should be clarified with your OLD ISP, as to any cessation charges that may be applicable for breaching the contract early. The Agreement to transfer to TT does advise that you need to consult your OLD ISP in relation to any current contractual obligations and TT will not be held liable if any such breaches do occur.

Regards

Mark

TalkTalk Online Community Department

Yes Talk Talk advised me outright my contract was void with supanet on moving I didnt think this was so but the opertaive on the phone said he checke this with his manager while i was on hold an even told me the call was being recorded so they werent lying. I am astonished Talk Talk would lie to this degree to the point that could have got me into difficulties... glad I have cancelled with them and have been told to avoid them anyway at all costs...shame

Yes Talk Talk advised me outright my contract was void with supanet on moving I didnt think this was so but the opertaive on the phone said he checke this with his manager while i was on hold

I believe you. I too have been the victim of Talk Talk tactics and I thought I was reasonably savvy. I have the date marked on my calendar when i can cancel my 12 month phone contract with them and be shut of them forever.

I have the date marked on my calendar when i can cancel my 12 month phone contract with them and be shut of them forever.

make sure the date is right as you may have to give 30 days notice double check please. praying-pilgrim.gif

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS

• 3 months later...
Send them a SAR which will cost £10 and then they MUST give you ALL information they have on you, including at least transcripts of any recorded telephone calls I believe. They can't ask for more than £10 for that.

Did this and sent it recorded over two months ago but heard nothing, I have also written recorded again with second copy and requesting what I owe them to part company but still no answer. Can they give me a bad credit rating over this? I will pay what I owe them but I have no figure from them to know what to pay and I have cancelled payments via my bank?

Thanks

Sam

Personally, I would leave things alone providing there are no negative marks on your credit file. It may be worth you getting a free trial of "credit expert" ;)

to

C.A.G. Toolbar