BOOHOO.COM unreasonable beyond comprehension!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3392 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone

I was wondering if anyone else has had problems with unreasonable online shops my latest gripe is with BooHoo.com although I havehad similar problems with NewLook.com.

I am wondering what consumer protection rights I have under UK consumer protection law regarding internet transactions in the following case:

In the early hours of Sunday morning (today) 04/03/2012 Imade a purchase from an online clothing store. I entered my billing address(the address I no longer have access to since the 13th of February) and my delivery address that I wanted my items dispatched to.

However this information was ignored/overlooked and I got an automated email at 3:29am stating that my items would be delivered to my billing address. Within 5 minutes I was emailing the store to bring this errorto their attention and my email was acknowledged as received at 3:50am. I asked the store to correct the error as I have no access to this address and to deliver it to the address I am at now as had been originally requested!

I then received an email from the store at 15:39 confirming dispatch to my billing address then at 16:15 they only then conveniently deigned to reply to my email stating that since my order was"completed" they were unable to amend it however I could return the items for a refund!

I have since emailed them back explaining that I do not have access to my registered card billing address (it was a temporary address andI've recently moved) and that I have little faith in the occupiers of this address handing my goods over to me. I explained that it is incoherent to suggest I return goods that I can't ever even receive due to their error for a refund I don't even want! (I just want my goods) I then suggested they either demand a signature on receipt from the current occupiers for both their own protection and mine or just send the parcel to me whereupon I can sign for it myself as originally requested.

Also how can this be such a huge problem to rectify on a Sunday when Royal mail postal workers don't even work?!

I believe they are being deliberately unreasonable/inept since they had ample and reasonable time to amend this error but instead decided to dispatch anyway and ignore my email request for correct delivery from 12 hours previously. I have also pointed this out to them.

So far I am still awaiting a reply

Could anyone please tell me where I stand and what recourse I have?

Incidentally I have also informed them of my intention to take them to the small claims court

Thanks for reading:-)

Rach999

Edited by Rach999
spelling grammar