• Tweets

• Oil and gold prices have jumped, while shares have fallen.View the full article
    • Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
    • OMG! I Know! .... someone here with a chance to sue Highview for breach of GDPR with a very good chance of winning, I was excited reading it especially after all the work put in by site members and thinking he could hammer them for £££'s and then, the OP disappeared half way through. Although you never know the reason so all I can say is I hope the OP is alive and well regardless. I'd relish the chance to do them for that if they breached my GDPR.
    • The streaming giant also said it added 9.3 million subscribers in the first three months of the year.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Tax credit fraud!!

ECB49
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey jadeybags i'd forgotten to reply to stripey02 as her situation is different to mine, so it was good of you to reply and offer support. Kizzy1972 i also hope you and me and everyone else who's in the same boat get all of this out of the way so we can all get on with life and stop feeling like criminals! :-)

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your reply. Yea in all most cases ends up in court so I guess that where I'll be going, I'm just hoping there understand the situation Im in and see any previous relationships I've had I've always declared living with them and had done with this one for a few months but in that time he failed to support me so I started getting behind.

They never suspended my money which I did think was wierd and said I'll prob have another interview, I'm thinking off just doing a joint claim but don't know how that will make it look..

And as for tax credits not heard from them yet but I know in all cases with them they just demand money back so just have to wait to hear on that one

And like everyone else on this forum I just can't wait for this to be all over and get on with my life again

Your situation is a tad more serious as it's well known that tax credits rarely prosecute for even huge amounts yet someone can be in your position with the housing benefit & council tax, not have been over paid half as much as the person on tax credits, yet you'll be put in court.

Got a lot of sympathy for you because you were in a position where you didn't know if you were

coming or going basically! It's a case of surviving isn't it, so you claim enough to support you n yours, then love complicates things & you land up here. Really hope your LA are a decent bunch.

So do I!!! Do u know why they wouldn of stopped my money when in a lot of cases they seem to do this

Its the not kowing, then the worry, then the worst case situation takes over your mind. Good luck to all and i will update my situation as i hear to try to help others. CAB again on Thursday-see where i go wit that.

The more i think the more i can see them holding me accountable for the 10 years, the credit report he did looks pretty damning in there eyes. Cant wait to get their letter but then dreading it at the same time-horrible, horrible feeling. We've even started sniping at each other, the pressure is immense

So do I!!! Do u know why they wouldn of stopped my money when in a lot of cases they seem to do this

I don't know. That is very unusual. They tend to, simply to stop you incurring more of an over payment. That could also be seen as negligent tbh! They stopped mine when I didn't notify them of a 10 pounds a week increase in working tax credits. And I didn't even know it until my landlord housing association wrote to let me know I was a few weeks in arrears! The LA didn't write to me to tell me. When I got the letter I phoned the LA & they said don't worry we thought you had been over paid but you hadn't. Was a couple of months after that they sent a compliance officer out & whole truth came out that they had messed up my claim from the begining (over 2 yrs previous) & I owed them 1600 quid. So they are either slow, or sneaky...

I don't know. That is very unusual. They tend to, simply to stop you incurring more of an over payment. That could also be seen as negligent tbh! They stopped mine when I didn't notify them of a 10 pounds a week increase in working tax credits. And I didn't even know it until my landlord housing association wrote to let me know I was a few weeks in arrears! The LA didn't write to me to tell me. When I got the letter I phoned the LA & they said don't worry we thought you had been over paid but you hadn't. Was a couple of months after that they sent a compliance officer out & whole truth came out that they had messed up my claim from the begining (over 2 yrs previous) & I owed them 1600 quid. So they are either slow, or sneaky...

I know she just said at the end I'm not going to suspend ur money and I may or may not c u again so in a way I'm hoping this is either because they believe my story the fact she had 6 police reports coming to my address because of him I know would of helped, or there just lacking in evidence coz I didn't really deny anything I could just give an answer got all the questions.

How long ago was ur case?? I bet ur just relieved it's all over ,, can't wait to have that feeling

Mine was just over a year ago. I was in bits at the time. I look back now, since coming on here, & can't believe how nieve I was tbh. I should have known things were wrong by the amount of people saying I shouldn't be getting full housing benefit. It didn't cross my mind the person that worked it out, didn't follow all the proceedures he/she should have done.

I remember wishing I hadn't even gone out to work & had just stayed on income support, because my youngest wasn't over the age to have to go out to work. I was getting bored at home that's all. Failed in their duty of care with me really. And I spent the last year paying for it.

Have ust gone back on housing benefit, well, applied for it. And am back to worrying again.

Lets hope things go ok for you.It will be over, it just doesn't seem it right now.

They always seem to b making a lot of mistakes, I just can't believe they been watching me for 2 years and did nothin till now.

It seems everyone is getting looked at back to 2010 at the mo!! Glad urs is all sorted now even tho seems a lot of urs could of been avoided, I'm just hoping they do keep mine out of court coz it not like they got to Prove I'm guilty I've admitted yes I have an on off boyfriend but it a very volital relationship, he won't even pay Csa for his own kid so let alone giving me any money!!!

I'm phoning them mon to do a joint claim they know my situation so if I'm back on it in a few weeks there know why

They always seem to b making a lot of mistakes, I just can't believe they been watching me for 2 years and did nothin till now.

It seems everyone is getting looked at back to 2010 at the mo!! Glad urs is all sorted now even tho seems a lot of urs could of been avoided, I'm just hoping they do keep mine out of court coz it not like they got to Prove I'm guilty I've admitted yes I have an on off boyfriend but it a very volital relationship, he won't even pay Csa for his own kid so let alone giving me any money!!!

I'm phoning them mon to do a joint claim they know my situation so if I'm back on it in a few weeks there know why

I expect if they've been watching you 2 yrs, they've seen he's not there all the time.

Yea even for the 2 years they didn't have that much evidence the usual bank statements credit checks etc but in the 2 years there was only 2 payment s into my bank one on my bday and valentines day, they never asked if he gave cash which he don't but on paper there no proof that he does

Hi

Im new to this , i had letter last friday saying they want to know if i know Mr xxx and dont know what to do ?

Do i call them or write a letter .

If a letter what do i say i cant prove he does not live here its his house im not on deeds but pay every bill they are in my name . Please help i have read threads but think i have brain overload im so confused and scared :(

Hi shadow

This is my prob reading so many diff stories on diff websites and everyone's outcome is totally diff ESP coz of how the councils all operate.

I aswell can prove I pay my own bills etc but there is other things they are arguing to prove I.e thro credit checks they done and they also have statements off my neighbours saying they seen him here,

Doesn't sound like they want to interview u I had a letter telling me nothing and had to go for an iuc, now waiting to hear what happens next!!!

Hope urs works out ok

Its just tax credits review letter i dont claim council tax benefit or help with rent ... its doing my head in lol . Just getting over car accident so my head is all over the place as it is . My neighbours are dodgy themselves the fraud office would have a field day in this street . He has moved in to help with my son who has ADHD so im in the wrong .

Wish i hadnt been so stupid i stopped council tax when he moved in but not tax credits because im not with him but cant prove it :(

thx for support and good luck to you .

Thx for not judging me

Your neighbours sound like mine lol never spoke to them so they know nothing about my life!!! Cheek of it!!

I claim tax credits aswell but not heard from them yet. I'm just hoping they can c how volitile my relationship is from police reports they have and there's no real proof of him giving me regular money. So I'm hoping they will deal with this out if court

I think ul b fine tax credits never really take it to court u may have to pay some back, but I know wat u mean it's just the having it holding over u.

And wouldn judge u love I'm in same boat but maybe I been a bit more nieve wen it comes to love and now going to pay the price

Just dont know if i should call or write to them lol

Know what you mean about love im stupid when it comes to that ..

Hoping we all get this sorted for our kids sake cuz i cant feed them on my wages and get nothing from ex at all ..

U have made me feel better by just replying to me when your under this stress to .. thank u x

Thinking of u all on here who are feeling the stress

That's ok x since my letter spend all my time on here getting reassurance lol.

I'm thinking of doing a letter just phoned my council said I'll declare him living here coz don't want more trouble but also explained I'll prob b claiming single again in couple of weeks coz hel end up doing one. Commitment ain't in his nature.. She said that would be fine coz they actually get a lot of girls in this situation..

I just can't wait for this to b over so can say wat happened to me and maybe give people bit more advice coz I know wat it like this whole not knowing whats going to happen next

Stressed is an understatement!!!!

I know im sick of crying and thinking about it now .

I have no one else to talk to just my mom who knows and she wants to take me to CAB so im calling for appointment later .

I am ashamed of myself and would die if it was in papers .

Think a trip to doctors for " happy pills" is on the cards again .

Did you call Tax Credits or council about other benefits ?

Think i might write in with CAB help .

thx for replying to my ranting lol x

I know im sick of crying and thinking about it now .

I have no one else to talk to just my mom who knows and she wants to take me to CAB so im calling for appointment later .

I am ashamed of myself and would die if it was in papers .

Think a trip to doctors for " happy pills" is on the cards again .

Did you call Tax Credits or council about other benefits ?

Think i might write in with CAB help .

thx for replying to my ranting lol x

No housing and council wrote to me but not heard from tax credits yet I'm not even worried bout them it's the council if any that will take me to court.. I've come down council now to declare him living with me so have to wait and see wat will happen don't know if it will make it look worse but don't want any more over payment..

But happy pills I'm with you on that one lol

Hi

Finally got in touch with a vile women at CAB she said to go in tomorrow and they sometimes take ppl to court .

Treid to ring number but was told the case worker for tax credits is busy and will call tomorrow .

My god it seems im stuffed lol .

We all make mistakes .

I will have to leave work if i go to court cuz i could not face them if i end up in the papers .

Why is my life so crap ...hurry up 2013 lol

x

Hi

Finally got in touch with a vile women at CAB she said to go in tomorrow and they sometimes take ppl to court .

Treid to ring number but was told the case worker for tax credits is busy and will call tomorrow .

My god it seems im stuffed lol .

We all make mistakes .

I will have to leave work if i go to court cuz i could not face them if i end up in the papers .

Why is my life so crap ...hurry up 2013 lol

x

I know my career would be over too coz I work with elderly and get crb checked.

The women that interviewed me was my bloody age she was quite nice tho and said she does understand a lot of girls are with blokes that don't support them so I'm hoping they are going to understand.

Well after the council we now gone legit I really don't want too coz know I'll b claiming single in a few weeks!!! Just didn't want to b in any more trouble than wat I already am..

I'm with u on that roll on 2013 but more like roll on 2020 wen itl prob b paid off lol xx

lol i know or 2028 like alot of ppl on here

Lets hope they understand my situation ... i get nothing from him not even money for presents or clothes .. my kids r 16 & 14 and he has never paid for a hair cut , even when we were together lol

My mom wants me to drop him in it but whats the point ill end up homeless to .

Karma had better leave us alone now mate xx

lol i know or 2028 like alot of ppl on here

Lets hope they understand my situation ... i get nothing from him not even money for presents or clothes .. my kids r 16 & 14 and he has never paid for a hair cut , even when we were together lol

My mom wants me to drop him in it but whats the point ill end up homeless to .

Karma had better leave us alone now mate xx

Lol tell me about it, I'm in same boat coz would know I deserve it if he'd been supporting me and we'd been living the high life!! But far from it, my kids ain't his but that's half his excuse not to support

I dropped my bloke right in it but wat good itl do coz it me making the claim

Ur have to keep me updated with wat happens to u but wish u all the luck hun xx

thx luv

my eldest is not his and dont i know it lol

I swear on my kids life i have not used it to live the high life the same as you its to feed my kids

im dreadin tomorrow big time but get no words of support off him

ill let you know luv , thx again i mean that xx

We will be ok !