• Tweets

• In 2004 myself and my now ex husband went into Lloyd's for a consolidation loan, based on a loan and credit card he had taken out. He was in the navy and I worked part time and was a full time mum. As he had debt and I did not, we were told for a lower interest rate they could give me a loan based on his wages. The loan was for £22000 and paid for his previous loans and an £8000 credit card he had. The loan was in my name alone and he made the payments from his account. In 2007 he was medically discharged from the navy, I called Lloyds and attempted to make a claim on the ppi, I was told that as the loan was in my name I was unable to. I argued that the loan had been in my name alone and that it had all been based on his wages. I ended up going to the financial ombudsman. Eventually Lloyds agreed to pay the ppi, this only lasted 12 months. At the time we were in no position to pay as he was not working and I was a student. I came to a repayment agreement with Lloyd's. All interest was stopped and the agreement plan continued. This continued until I got a letter from robinsons way saying they had taken over the loan from Lloyd's. In 2013 my ex and I split, leaving me as I see it with his debt and which he refuses to take responsibility for. I have continued to pay robinsons way whom I recieve letters from, I also get 6 monthly updates from Lloyd's on how my debt repayments are going. I would like to challenge this as a misold loan and I hoping someone reading this can point me in the right direction   Thank you for reading.
    • have you bank statements prior to 6yrs   dx  
    • looking at the comms log sheet.   it reads to me that PPI must have been activated before the card was even approved!!   13/10/2003 [the supposed date of the phone call] Decision is REFER 20/10/2003 application pending.   2003/11/11 decision is accept.   sorry but how can someone sign you up to PPI when the credit card the PPI will protect is not even approved   they have LIED that the phonecall 13/10/2003 was to activate the card, it WASNT, the card application was not accepted until 1 month later 11/11/2003   which tallies with no PPI charges till 17/12/2003    PPI                        £0.85    the 1st bill after activation  
    • I notice that on their PCN under the Parking Charge Amount it states "    PAYMENT TO BE MADE WITH 28 DAYS OF DATE ISSUED: 11th July 2019  when what they mean is that payment is to be made   WITHIN 28 days. Does that invalidate the PCN as not only is it totally meaningless but does not comply with the legal wording either.            " "
    • Following copied pasted from credit file all personal info removed   LENDER BALANCE UPDATED STATUS   Lowell £ 246 09/07/2019 Default   Account type Mail Order Account number ;i;;;;;;;:;::6995 0       claim form= P9323927 Account start date 26/04/2013 Opening balance £246 Repayment frequency Monthly Date of default 31/01/2014 Default balance £246   LENDER BALANCE UPDATED STATUS   Lowell 1,319 09/07/2019 Default   Account type Mail Order Account number ;;;;;;;;;;;;;7001 0         claim form= Y8900056 Account Start date 19/10/2012 Opening balance £1319 Repayment frequency Monthly Date of default 29/01/2014 Default balance £1,319   LEN DER BALANCE UPDATED STATUS   Lowell £1,209 09/07/2019 Default   Account type Mail Order Account number i;i;::;i:;;:i;4533 0       claim form= 105540308 Account start date 21/09/2012 Opening balance £1,209   Many thanks Trace Repayment frequency Monthly Date of default 25/05/2014 Default balance £1,209 As you can see numbers on all claims totally different in last 4 figures Have further checked accounts for Littlewoods and no payments to that name exist from any bank account      
  • Our picks

monkeysquid

Credit file search!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2696 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello,

What implications will it have the Cabot have finaly searched my credit file after nearly 6 yrs?

Any replies are greatly appreciated

Regards

Also the oringinal debt dropped off my credit report a long while ago, Can Cabot reinstate this onto my file?

No no and no, report to the Information Commissioners Office.

As any debt is almost certainly likely to be statute barred, then they shouldnt really have any need to search your files.

Is it a search that can be seen by others ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

As any debt is almost certainly likely to be statute barred, then they shouldnt really have any need to search your files.

Is it a search that can be seen by others ?

Hi citizenB, How will i find out if it can be seen by others?

Regards

Hmm, now there is a question. I understand there should be a statement which says that "this search can only be seen by you"..

However, I will ask the more knowledgeable on the ST for you :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

HERE

Debt Diaries

Read Here

Read Here

Please Read

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi citizenB, How will i find out if it can be seen by others?

Regards

I have just looked and it show's up under previous searches, So i can see it?

I have just looked and it show's up under previous searches, So i can see it?

Its also showing as a unclassified search at my current address but a outstanding debt search at an old address, and the debt they are apparently chasing is not showing on any of my reports on the credit ref agency web sites?????

Have flagged your thread for others to comment :)

HERE

Debt Diaries

Read Here

Read Here

Please Read

BCOBS

Have flagged your thread for others to comment :)

Excellent, thanks so much!

Please note that enquiry footprints will have no effect on your credit file, as companies searching your file are not able to view details of previous enquiries.

Here you go.. I knew, I knew a guy who would know :lol:

Edited by citizenB

HERE

Debt Diaries

Read Here

Read Here

Please Read

BCOBS

As CitB says there are two kinds of search, one that can be seen by you on your report and one that is a general search that uncle tom cobbley and all can see.

If you have no financial association with Cabot then they should not be searching your credit file Full stop!, if you have in the past had a connection but the account has defaulted and removed from your credit file then its a bit of a grey area as i see it.

They certainly cannot put a new marker or default on your credit file for that old SB debt, if they do a complaint to the company/CRA/ICO should be made instantly. SB debts disappear of your credit file but still exist, people cant be made to repay any sb debt through the courts but lenders are allowed to ask for monies. The OFT guide just states it would deem it an unfair practice to keep asking or harass the defaulter for the monies when they have indicated they will not pay.

S.

Are You as Anonymous on CAG as You Think You Are? *Link*

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.

I should add to the above that I'm only talking about one search which they could possibly justify with saying they are ensuring you are in the same place/situation and then they could request repayment which of course you'll tell them to "do one"...

Any further searches would in my mind be an attempt to punish a defautler twice over and complaints should be made to the company/oft/ico as its a clear unfair practice.

If you are happy its SB then you could poke them by complaining to them/cra/ico in any event for the single search :lol:

S.

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.

I should add to the above that I'm only talking about one search which they could possibly justify with saying they are ensuring you are in the same place/situation and then they could request repayment which of course you'll tell them to "do one"...

Any further searches would in my mind be an attempt to punish a defautler twice over and complaints should be made to the company/oft/ico as its a clear unfair practice.

If you are happy its SB then you could poke them by complaining to them/cra/ico in any event for the single search :lol:

S.

I did have a connection with them but the last payment was nearly 6 year ago (July/Aug 06) so its not quite SB yet is it?

Still nothing is showing on my file.........:???:

Was the debt already SB'd possibly?

It could be reported on one of the other CRA's possibly?

Or Cabot could have just forgotten to report it in which case if they do then you need to ensure the default date is correct.

S.

Deal with your debts:

Was the debt already SB'd possibly?

It could be reported on one of the other CRA's possibly?

Or Cabot could have just forgotten to report it in which case if they do then you need to ensure the default date is correct.

S.

I have checked 2 out of the 3 CRA's and nothing showing, Also i have been hounded badly since roughly Nov with phonecalls from Crabot which i have ignored

How very odd, I thought I posted some information earlier ??

Just going to find it again ..

Yes, I had posted it on another thread.. !!

See post # 11 above..

HERE

Debt Diaries

Read Here

Read Here

Please Read

BCOBS

Ok, well from how you've described it...

a) The defaulted debt fell off the credit file after 6 years from the date of default as it should

b) You had obviously made a payment after the default date which is when the SB date runs from

c) They cannot reinstate the debt on your credit file although you should be vigilant that they dont try

d) The search may have just been a prod to see if you do re-act

e) Once it reaches 6 years from the last payment they cannot take you to court, until then they can chase and could potentially issue proceedings

S.

Deal with your debts: