Forthright finance creditcare PPI advice please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4183 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Dx100uk

Thanks for help ,does this mean BOS are responsible for the ppi ,i had a response from Direct car in the form of a one sentence letter.(we are not the respondents in this case.)

Should i just ask BOS to reconsider their decision as i feel they have note acted with due regard to section 56 of the CCA

no demand

copy in the sec 56 info

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

YES!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

What do you think

For the attention of…………..

Thank you for your letter dated 23/5/2012 the content of which is noted.

You have stated that you are not responsible for any concerns that I may have with mis-selling of the policy, however, may I draw your attention to Section 56 of the CCA below for ease of reference

CCA section 56.

— (1) In this Act “antecedent negotiations ” means any negotiations with the debtor or hirer—

(a) conducted by the creditor or owner in relation to the making of any regulated agreement, or

(b) conducted by a credit-broker in relation to goods sold or proposed to be sold by the credit-broker to the creditor before forming the subject-matter of a debtor-creditor-supplier agreement within section 12(a), or

© conducted by the supplier in relation to a transaction financed or proposed to be financed by a debtor-creditor-supplier agreement and “negotiator ” means the person by whom negotiations are so conducted with the debtor or hirer.

I await a more favourable response , if however you continue to state that you are not responsible then please provide evidence as to why the agreement is not bound by Section 56 of the act,

regards

• 1 month later...

Need some advice i think this is a lost cause.

So to update on my PPI claim

Forthright finance owned by BOS claim they did not sell the PPI it was the Car Garage who sold me the policy's so it was not their problem and i should submit my claim to DCF where i bought the car,

Wrote to ACF whom now own the garage where direct car finance traded from and they say DCF went into receivership and they bought the name from the receivers " Price water-house and cooper" and are not responsible for the miss selling of the policy as they did not own the company at time of sale .What does anyone think do i give up on this?

OK so we know S56 applies then.

(Note to self - read the thread first)

So have you approached BoS with the S56 stuff? I see it has been mentioned before but not sure whether you have approached them with it?

If you go to fos they may not take any notice of S56 because recently they seem to be making things up as they go.

Hi

Yes i sent them the letter as above but they just seemed to ignore it .I phoned their complaints department and they informed me as far as they are concerned they are not responsible and have closed the file, And their last letter informing me to take it up with the Car garage is their Full and final response

then you need to specifically ask them WHY

they think they are NOT coverd by sec 56 of the act that they signed.

dx

and they

FAO a named person

Dx

and they

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Had another letter from BOS but they are sticking with they didn't sell the policy,i have approached the FOS and they suggested i pursue the underwriters of the PPI (st Andrews Insurance in this case) FOS have suggested to me that the case is a 50/50 due to time but i have put the claim with them. so i don't expect to here anything positive.