Council rent/ tenancy agreement/ right to buy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4437 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ive recently applied to buy my council house and while I was at the council offices to pick up the application forms I mentioned that I had two broken windows and although I had reported them on a few occasions no one had been to repair them ( they have been broken since installation they're no fault of mine ).

They checked the system and said the work order had been cancelled and seen as I was applying to buy no repairs would be done from when the paper work was submitted.

Surely that can't be right they expect me to keep paying rent so surely their still responsible for maintainance, my heating isn't working either I have to have it turned up over 20 or the radiators wont to heat up.

The thing is I've not paid rent for a couple of month because I've had to pay money to solicitors and a financial advisor so I am behind a bit and guy turned up a couple of weeks ago to tell me hey are going to apply to take my home from me, I explained I was in the process of buying and the rent would get paid upto date but he really didn't seem interested, it said on the letter I have until the 8/9th march before they apply to the courts, I hoped the mortgage would be through by then and it would of been until the council wanted to know what I was spending the extra money on because I've got £7500 on top of the property price.

This really annoys me because I can't see why they need to know how's it any of there business I'm getting the house really cheap ( well a lot cheaper than renting) what if I wanted the money for a car,wedding or holidays what's it got to do with them, but the thing is its for home improvement as standard I need new heating ( as its still an old back boiler) system, new kitchen,bathroom, money to cover he rest of the fees and money to redecorate once the heating been changed.

My point is though because I need estimates for all this work it's really slowed everything down so there's no way the mortgage will be though by the date given so are they going to take my house off me( I am paying bits towards the rent when I can) this would be awfull Ive got daughter and nowhere to go, I'm worried in a fortnight I could be homeless.

Could I argue the fact that why should I pay the rent when they have failed to hold up the agreement on their side( I fully intend to pay the rent arrears but I'm just hoping to hold them off while the mortgage goes through)

Any help would be great, thank you if you managed to get all the way through my essay, haha